Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • OFs Exmoor Safari this Sunday roll call and info update.
  • oldfart

Check if you’re name is on this list remind me if not.Cream Teas for all i presume as Tea Garden lady needs a heads up midweek.Right so far i’ve got Knottie, Sharki, Aleigh ,Annabanana, RichP plus others ,Rusty Trowel? Salad Dodger ? As i said remind me if you are coming .It’s meeting at 930 ish for a 10ish start.Car Park by Mc Donalds.So on the A39 just after Dunster right at the 1st roundabout, a little way along there on your left hand side.Look for a black Astra Estate with an old fartknocker loitering by it!I think it’s £3.50 all day or it was a few weeks ago.Route has got a few climbs some sweet descents smashing views cream tea half way and fish n chips on the beach at the end .So for about 20 sniffs a cracking day out.You don’t HAVE to buy grub you can bring yer own if you want.It’s about 25 ish miles allow most of the day as we don’t do hurry !
    I think thats about it if you want to see the route and some pics to get you in the mood i’m sure Knottie will be only to happy to oblige.(thats if he’s calmed down enough !!!)

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

exmoor yawn, dartmoor is the place to go

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Dartmoor rocks, but Exmoor boogie-woogies!

OF: am wanting to come but it’s work-dependant, sorry I wont know until the end of the week so don’t count on me.

knottie8
    Free Member

add Steve and John , oh and Nathan (if hes allowed).
    http://paul-knott.fotopic.net/c1701787.html
    simular route

knottie8
    Free Member

I love this bit…..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Granny’s ride?

knottie8
    Free Member

yes , you can bring your granny…

southernsteel
    Free Member

I can’t come but would love to. Will you be doing more over the summer?

Rex
    Free Member

yep, cheers knottie i’m in too (steve) and hopefully john can get along as well if he’s back from his race overseas.

buzz – yep, that’s the decent from stoke pero that drops to the bottom of granny’s ride over the bridge.

Strangelove
    Free Member

Me too. I will be there and will need feeding halfway round.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What a guess! I recall it’s quite steep before the bridge (Stupidly, I pushed up it).

dropoff

As on the other thread me and mrs DO would very much like to join you. 🙂 maybe with Mr singletrackguru also.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I’m in unless it’s absolutely p***ing down. Is town and all its joys walking distance from the meeting place? The missus can’t drive the van and wouldn’t want to drag a 2 year old on a hour long hike. If not i could try to squeeze us all in the avensis of doom.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’m keen but dependant on whether my wife books a last-minute holiday for the week or not.

dropoff

rustytrowel. the town is very close to the car park, maybe 5 mins walk.

sharki
    Free Member

Dropoff, bringing the DH rig again? 😉

dropoff

Hi Sharki, no funnily enough:)I’ve managed to get the Stiffee built back up .

sharki
    Free Member

Goodman, was about to offer you a stiffee FR as i seem to remember you having/had one…

See you the weekend.

dropoff

You’re a star Sharki. We’ll be camping at Sparkhayes (Porlock) Sat night if you fancy a barby and beer 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Hmmm, well there’s a idea!

Transport issues here right now, so doubt i’ll able to camp too, shame as beer pre exmoor riding always makes it more the challenge..lol

dropoff

Sharki, where you living ? it’s possible we could sort out a lift for sat morning. mail me if you like.

saladdodger
    Free Member

yep OF I am in

btw that bloke in knotties pic seem a bit good 😆

saladdodger
    Free Member

sharki do you want a lift

knottie8
    Free Member

take some spare tubes !

oldfart

So at the moment i’ve counted 17 .I’ll phone tea lady tomorrow with a rough idea (about 20 i would think)

cinnamon_girl

I’m sorry Mr OF but can’t make it now. I do hope you all have a fantastic time and enjoy your cream tea, which I’m sure you will have earned!

Do hope that there will be more West Country adventures in the future.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll be able to make it 🙂

oldfart

CG thats a shame .sure we will hitch up again this summer .Dibbs good man .

aleigh
    Free Member

yay i’ll get to meet dibbs!

saladdodger
    Free Member

yay and Didds rips my legs off again 😕

saladdodger
    Free Member

sharki
    Free Member

Aleigh yes please 😀
    dropoff, over in Bilgewater, so far away from you..

SD sorted tar.

Who’s up for the Tox on sat as a warm up?

aleigh
    Free Member

I would but I think I’m going to rest my legs and get a decent nights sleep so I can do some effortless climbs on Sunday 😉 😆

sm500
    Free Member

If i can get there count me in to. is it saturday or sunday? cheers

oldfart

SM Sunday 930 for 10 start.

sm500
    Free Member

Thankyou, see you guys there

srrc
    Free Member

If you all want more Exmoor don’t forget to get your entry in for the Exmoor Explorer Marathon.
    Sunday Aug 2nd.
    25/35 miles across Exmoor’s finest, not a race.
    Entries filling rapidly, only 400 allowed, so enter now. No entries on the day.

http://www.exmoorexplorer.com

dropoff

Already done thanks Steve, wouldn’t miss it for ‘owt. But could you sort the weather this year ?

srrc
    Free Member

All you buggers do is complain! We’ve had 10 years bone dry….oooh it’s too hot…….. one damp day and …….. muddy!….

Seriously though, we make sure that the tracks will hold up in the wet, and also plenty in the trees for shade/shelter.
    Porlock is the tea stop this year.
    Pass the word round please, don’t want you all leaving it too late.

Steve

dropoff

Ooh thats dangerous, if were stopping in Porlock we might be forced to have a pint 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘OFs Exmoor Safari this Sunday roll call and info update.’ is closed to new replies.