Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Official list of Tesco Torch Mods
  • Surfr
    Free Member

Is there a decent list of modifications that people have made to the Tesco AA and C cell 3W torches? I’ve got 3 here I’m desperate to take a saw and soldering iron to but I’d like to read up on others experiences first. I’m interested in optic replacements (wider beams), driver upgrades (to allow current regulation for lower power battery saving levels, and for LED charge warning circuitry). I’ve searched candlepowerforums, mtbr and the google cache of STW but there is so much out there, and with people often not referring to the ‘tesco torch’ specifically it’s hard to get the info in one place.

Vortexracing

Trouts earlier in the week seemed spot on.

but i don’t know how to search on this new fangled forum.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bottom of the main page

MrSparkle

I’ve stuck bits of innertube to mine to attach it to my lid. Does that count?

epicyclo

The simplest thing is if you have an old set of lights that used MR16 bulbs. You can buy LEDs in MR16 format that push straight in. Bingo – obsolete lights turned into latest thing.

You get heaps more light for peanuts. (Well, comparative peanuts)

This will show you what I mean

Sorry, I don’t have a local reference, I usually buy my LEDs from there when I’m in Oz. They will post to the UK, but there must be a local supplier.

kinda666
    Free Member
    Taff
    Free Member

How much did all this cost you -£12 for the torch know, but all other items such as a power pack etc, leds?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What a great comment, from one the the threads on Candlepower:

“That brings back memories of the old country. The English can handle everything from stubbing a toe to the Apocalypse itself providing there’s a cuppa at the end of it.”

LOL! So true!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Official list of Tesco Torch Mods’ is closed to new replies.