Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Off to Centre Parcs Longleat – What to take?
  • thatscold
    Free Member

I’m off to Longleat on Monday with the family for our first visit and I’m after some tips from Centre Parc veterans. I’ve read through some of the posts on here already and I have decided not to take my bike. First question is do I need to hire a bike or is it just as easy to walk everywhere? (my wife wont cycle, but I was thinking about a trailer for the twins).
    What about food and beer? They obviously have a supermarket onsite but is it really expensive? We will take some stuff but space in the car is limited.
    Also do you have any tips for the uninitiated to help make the best of our time there?

Thanks in advance.

brassneck

They obviously have a supermarket onsite but is it really expensive?

Was when I was last there (sister in law worked there for a short time) but Frome or Warminster are no distance away if you’re there a few nights – nip out when the kids are in bed maybe.

I’d take a bike + lights myself and try and sneak in a cheeky rode over Heavens Gate 🙂

Archiedale
    Free Member

take lots of money..

higthepig
    Free Member

take lots of money

+1

thatscold
    Free Member

take lots of money..

I hear that! My boys are only two and a half so are too young for most of the expensive stuff, so we’ll probably be in the pool most of the time.

I thought I might take my scooter to zip around on.

akira

Some of the chalets are quite a distance from the pool and other stuff, I was there with my twins and was glad I hired a trailer to get them around.
    Take some food and booze and then get a take away one night. The pool is very good but pretty tiring for young uns.

bigbloke
    Free Member

money +2

DickBarton

Take the family and some money…and enjoy yourself…

azarat
    Free Member

Lion repellant.

gusamc
    Free Member

The point about distance is well made, we were so far out from the facilities we nearly needed a tent to camp out on the way back home (*after pub), I think there’s a land train (but it will probably have restricted hours),it might be worth checking where your chalet is as even your wife might think cycling is a better bet, deffo trailer kids.
    I’d also check about any special activities you want to do, as a lot of stuff can be booked up before you get there (don’t know if you can phone book).
    yes it is expensive so I’d suggest being as self contained as possible.
    I’d also google for nearby stuff as it might be cheaper and less booked (*and you might be able to cycle there off road)

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

“Off to Centre Parcs Longleat – What to take?”
    Swimming trunks would be useful. Dont make the same mistake that I did. 🙂

ski
    Free Member

I would take a simple HT/SS bike, there used to be a neat track round the outside of CP fence, thats worth doing if you want a break from the family for an hour or so.

I would lock it up unside you lodgings mind

Inside CP, there are two sets of hilly zigzag paths quite fun to do with a trailer on the back, would be fun on a scotter too

Some mental steps straight down if you are brave on your bike too 😉

Check out the Redwoods while you are there, quite amazing.

Last one, take some wildlife food with you, we had badgers visit our lodge last time we went, the seemed to like tinned dog food, but worth taking bird seed as well.

Cougar

Swimming trunks would be useful. Dont make the same mistake that I did.

Did they make you do it without like at school?

backhander
    Free Member

take lots of money..

You’ll need more than merely “lots”

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Word on the streets locally suggests you might need good bike security if you decide to take yours.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Off to Centre Parcs Longleat – What to take?’ is closed to new replies.