Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Off to Berlin tomorrow – what to see?
  • LardLover
    Free Member

I’m off to Berlin tomorrow with my mate who is entered in the hand cyclist section [edit] of the marathon [edit!!!]

We have 2 full days free for a bit of sightseeing.

What’s not to miss?!

Wheelchair access is a must.

Anyone know if the KitKat Club has wheelchair access?! 😉
    (Nothing to do with the chocolate wafer biscuit treat).

ComradeD
    Free Member

Head to Bergain

grum
    Free Member

There’s a bit of the wall that’s now a public art gallery that’s pretty cool. Can’t remember that much else but it’s a nice place just to wander about, and the public transport works well.

hot_fiat

German Humor

Seriously? The rheistag is pretty cool and next to it the brandenburg gate, checkpoint charlie, Hofbrau Beer Keller, An evening beer (or 6) and currywurst in the sun in the beer garden next to the spanish embassy just off Lichtensteinallee.

All the buses seemed to be chair friendly, the S-bhan and the standard-issue merc e-class taxis might be.

LardLover
    Free Member

Berghain looks interesting, especially the reviews:

“people openly indulging in sexual acts”

Sounds like the KitKat Club. Seems to be a lot of that sort of club in Berlin.

willard

The television tower and the wall museum are both good to go to (the latter next door to checkpoint, and indeed, _Snackpoint_ Charlie.

I can second the Reichstag, but only because there is a lovely restaurant above it. Treat yourself, go there and have the taster menu one night, then enjoy the views of the city from the top of the building.

mangatank
    Free Member

Sign up for a month’s free Netflix and watch ‘Funeral in Berlin’ (1966), the sequel to the brilliant ‘The Ipcress File’.

I was completely floored by the scenes of post-war Berlin slowly crawling its way back to some form of normality. If you’re going to Berlin, I can’t think of anything better to give you a feel for what that city had to cope with until very recently.

Oh, and it’s Michael Caine as the kitchen sink anti-Bond, Harry Palmer. Great stuff!

In the film, watch out for the use of Helvetica signage in Berlin Airport. Not only hasn’t it dated a jot, it actually looks cutting-edge contemporary 😆

grum
    Free Member

Currywurst is actually pretty poor btw, but you have to try it anyway. 🙂

mangatank
    Free Member

and the public transport works well

Well it is Germany 😉

Napalm
    Free Member

The Ramones Museum.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Off to Berlin tomorrow – what to see?’ is closed to new replies.