Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Odd police bikes spied today…
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Whilst driving around Chiswick area today pulled over to let through a couple of Audi A5/7 sport backs and a brace of Yamaha mt07 all in black but with their blues on and in a real hurry – no markings. No Range’s in the group, are the Met using Yams now, just wondering like…

allthegear
    Free Member

Just mt07’s? Not in that much of a hurry, then… 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Suppose they’re narrower for filtering than the usual GS and PanEuropean type bikes they use.

professor_fate
    Free Member

And a whole load cheaper to boot!
    Guess this is the budget cuts in action.

oomidamon

Chiswick High Road is (or was when I lived nearby) on the VIP route to Heathrow so they’re probably practicing for an impending visit. I once saw Yasser Arafat being whisked through in the back of a limo. And Ronnie Biggs’s prison van when they brought him back!

woffle
    Free Member

Seen a notable increase in ‘unmarked’ police bikes with blues on screaming up and down Marylebone Road over the last few days.

allthegear
    Free Member

Trump?

Drac

somouk
    Free Member

I think they’re the new CT team bike for getting around the city.

swdan
    Free Member

Saw the same from my office window at about 4pm today heading north over blackfriars bridge. Ended up driving down the segregated cycle lane until the new barriers stopped then going any further and then crossed over the island back onto the normal carriageway. It’s a fairly standard route for motorcades (for want of a better word) but not seen these cars or bikes before

mrdobermann
    Free Member

I’m in Chiswick, Rapid response armed to the teeth!
    LFB on mountain bikes is a site to behold. Not for emergencies!

shermer75
    Free Member

LFB = London Fire Brigade? Seems like an odd choice of vehicle!!

mrdobermann
    Free Member

Yeah, seen them around a bit, guess they are doing community based stuff.

bencooper
    Free Member

shermer75
    Free Member

I take it all back! 🙂

grtdkad

A quick google search suggests that the Dutch police have adopted them recently too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Odd police bikes spied today…’ is closed to new replies.