Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • oakley transition lens
  • SOAP
    Free Member

anyone ride with these lenses?
    are they any good?
    how fast do they change?
    whats your opinion?

molgrips
    Free Member

I think they iz great.

I have never noticed them changing, which I suppose is a good thing. I suppose it's about the same timescale as your eyes adjusting, so it seems to work out nicely with what your brain's expecting to happen. I have not used a pair in the height of summer yet, so I suppose most effects have been subtle. Oh, tell a lie – I used them on the Builth, and the current sunlight is fairly close to its maximum – and still did not notice anything happening.

They do work though – I got a speck of mud on them and when I wiped it off there was a pale spot – I thought for a minute I'd wiped off some kind of coating, but of course it was dark behind the mud speck…

They are meant to go as dark as black iridium.. so I shall see how well they cope with full desert sun in 5 weeks' time.

Would never buy non-transition lenses I don't think – no reason not to.

SOAP
    Free Member

cheers for the review!
    anyone else?

druidh
    Free Member

Perfect – get them. I have prescription transition lenses and they are THE best purchase I have ever made. They are clear enough for night riding too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn't want to night ride in them, although it would be possible I suppose.

SOAP
    Free Member

looking on flea-bay now!:)

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting some new prescription oakleys. What sort of cost are the transition lenses?

SOAP
    Free Member

monster dogs are £90 posted, not precription, i would guess more£££££

debaser

yeah, they're great. Find myself wearing them until it's getting quite dark without really noticing. They do react quite slowly but the only time you'll notice is if you go from bright sunshine into a tunnel or really thick woods.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

As they are UV sensitive (ie they don't work if you're in your car) I got to test them in the sun last week for the first time. Tried them by just holding them in the sun with one lens covered for about 30 secs and there was a difference. There was even a mark where the sun got between my fingers! Witchcraft!

I've the persimmon black iridiums on my Jawbones and I was a bit sceptical about them being too bright on sunny days, what with Persimmons brightening things up anyway, but in all weather conditions (including strong low sun) you honestly don't notice. They just get on with the excellent job they always do and you get on with your ride. Quality.

molgrips
    Free Member

I put my shades down on the grass one time whilst I was having a rest, and when I picked them up there was blade of grass patterns etched on them.

The car thing is a bit of a bummer tho – I had to get another pair for driving in. However that does allow me to wear a super slick pair of casual shades for casual purposes tho (splinters).

FuzzyWuzzy

Sucks you have to buy a complete set of glasses to get Radar transition lens, you can't buy the lens on it's own.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘oakley transition lens’ is closed to new replies.