• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • NYM trail conditions?
  • el_boufador

Hello, we’re up that way at the weekend. Just wondering if anyone knows how well the trails are holding up after recent rain? (a shame because I bet it was drying out at one point!)

If it’s not too bad, might try to string a rout together around Cropton forest / hole of horcum and maybe across the moors up to Goathland

But I don’t want to cause a load of damage / set myself up for a slog if it’s sodden!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    We’re out for a day tomorrow and was thinking about NYM until last night and today where it’s been wetting it down all day.
    Cant say for absolute certain but I’m only 20 miles away and I would think the ground will be very very wet.
    Give the lads at Bikescene a ring-they’ll tell you better than me.
    Cheers
    Steve

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

After what’s come down today I wouldn’t bother without bog snorkelling equipment.

lapierrelady

The river in York is up which suggests a large volume of water on the moors. The Kildale/Baysdale Abbey end is usually pretty dry all year round, certainly a lot better than the eastern side. If you want to combine with a large lunch, the tracks to the west of the Lion Inn should be in good nick too.

el_boufador

Thanks all!

FOG

Was there at the weekend and it was very sloppy so would think it even worse after yesterdays day of rain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘NYM trail conditions?’ is closed to new replies.