Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nukeproof Horizon V2 carbon bars – 10mm arc
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Anyone tried these? Just reading the description and they say ‘ Coming kitted out with an optimised offset, this riser bar reduces the overall arc by 10mm. This makes it closer to the geometry that the bike manufacturer wanted you to have.’

So what exactly does this mean? The bars will be 10mm further away reach wise?

Northwind

I don’t know exactly what they mean by “overall arc” but these basically have more backsweep than most which would usually reduce your effective reach, so they’ve also put some offset into the bar shape to compensate. So the backsweep moves your hands backwards, and the rest of the bar moves your hands back forward. Kind of like an old On One Fleegle only less dramatic.

Worked well, for me- I had the riding position I wanted but just wasn’t quite happy with the wrist position so this kept everything else pretty much the same. I’d have just swapped stems if it didn’t but it was nice to not bother (I’ve got a pretty good collection of “ew, that’s so last season, stems are 5mm shorter this year” stems so putting a little length back would have been no problem)

mashr

It’s means you get a 9 degree back sweep that should be nice and comfy, but the fore-aft position is the same as a 7 degree bar. Kinda makes sense, but not sure I’m ready to spend my own money to try it

greyspoke
    Free Member

I suppose it saves you buying a slightly longer stem. But then the different hand angle is going to make you bend your arms differently so the reach isn’t going to feel the same anyway.

andyrm
    Free Member

Had mine for 18 months now and love them. As Northwind says, you get a really nice hand position from the extra backsweep but without the loss of reach.

Felt slightly odd for a couple of rides but now I wouldn’t run anything else. Interestingly, maybe unrelated, I get less neck pain after big days since fitting them.

endomick
    Free Member

Singletrack actually did a feature about it last year with a couple of images explaining it, have a look. Personally love the 9° backsweep.

Northwind

I should have said, they’re also just good bars. Sensible amount of stiffness, not noodly like my Crank Bros or brutally stiff like my shitty old Enves- just marginally softer than my Renthals, a good balance. Well finished too (the textured under-grip surface is excellent), good weight for such a big confidence inspiring bar.

(they’re pretty different to the V1s, which were stiffer- I have a set of those in my dh bike and tbh other than the name I reckon they might be totally unrelated)

alan1977
    Free Member

they are great bars, had them on my Aeris since i built it, so cant really compare.
    In fact, all of the Nukeproof Horizon stuff is great, so far i’ve tried headsets, bb, stem and bars

fabs

I don’t understand the numbers/geometry bit, but they are nice and comfy.

samuelr
    Free Member

I have a pair. The only other carbon bars I can compare them to is hope.
    To be honest I didn’t like the hope bars. They were to stiff and just not comfortable. Because I’d paid so much for them I persisted with them for 2 years.

I prefer the nukeproof bars in every way possible. Plus they are half the price of other comparable bars.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I have a pair, replaced a rental fatbar carbon with hardly any sweep.

Brilliant if you want more sweep without affecting stem length

I think they do a alloy version with the same geometry

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Horizon V2 carbon bars – 10mm arc’ is closed to new replies.