Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • novel uses for bike-stuff
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve found the following quite useful, certainly better than shopping bags off the bars 😀

Dropper seatpost-means you don’t have to get off the saddle at lights when riding your rig to work.
    Those stupid rucsac cover things are good for covering your backside if you have no mudguards.

I thanks you!

charliedontsurf

Used a cut up Blackburn rack to hold an accelerator pedal on a yugo zastarva 311.
    My favourite kitchen knife has cinelli cork tape handle
    Surfboards suspended from old tubes
    My “priest”? The club I use to knock fish out is an old sakae seatpost off my first mtb (1989) with a yeti grip

Hairychested
    Free Member

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Their use to be a garden machine fitter that use to use a Park work stand to hold the brushcutters while he repaired them.

PePPeR

We used to have a pair of Roadie handlebars to open the double doors to our workshop, wrapped in the aforementioned Cinelli tape too 😉

PePPeR

My Favourite set piece was the windchimes (not really useful I know) made up of Klein tubes that was in John Atkins cycles in Leamington Spa.

samuri
    Free Member

the threaded end of spokes are awesome for pushing into the holes on car stereos that release the catches. Push into the hole, which releases the catch, push sideways slightly so the thread jams in the hole, pull stereo out.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

My favourite kitchen knife has cinelli cork tape handle

That’s a fantastic idea!

tang
    Free Member

I replaced both of our kids push chairs/strollers grips with funky bartape. Fenwicks has been used in all sorts of cleaning operations.

iDave
    Free Member

Instead of using a spoon, I eat soup with a disc mount 😉

Nick

pull stereo out.

How do you get the car doors open?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

brick through the window – simples 😉

dustypumpkins

Currently got birthday cards hanging from brake/gear cable on the bikes. Had nowhere else to put them!

I cook on my log burner and use worn out chainrings under the saucepan as a way of turning the heat down for simmering.

fadda

Lols @ iDave!

alpin
    Free Member

seen a pedal and crank used for a toilet flush handel thingy.

at our old place we attached an old stem with cut down bars to the landing balustrade. both stem and bars inverted and it made a funky coat hanger. sadly no pics.

brakes
    Free Member

I have a set of Bombers next to the bed to wrap around the heads of would-be thieves

morgs
    Free Member

@brakes

would-be theives, or the men you thought were women 9 pints previously…? 😆

brakes
    Free Member

😀 I have a set of 888s for such occassions

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

iDave, Thou art legendary

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I don’t have any handles on the doors in my house, I just shunt them with my bike until they open.

teacake
    Free Member

I repaired the flush handle on our toilet the other week with an old v-brake arm, some spacers that came with something bikey and a bit of an old tent pole.

Friends love it – partner hates it! Joked about fitting a cable brake lever so one can flush in an emergency brake style. The idea makes me chuckle so much I might just do it!! Half a handle bar sticking out of the wall may be an inconvenience though?!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Replaced the rubbish plastic bush in our kitchen scissors with a brass hope olive.

Otherwise I have an averison to broken bike crud everywhere, so it all stays in the garage.

samuri
    Free Member

brick through the window – simples

XT hub.

DezB
    Free Member

My Dad’s flat had a rope bannister rail. It was too loose and sagged when he gripped it. I fitted an old Specialized stem to one end of the rope, kept it tight so the old man could safely dodder up the staircase.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Repaired the toilet flush with some superglue and a steerer spacer. 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘novel uses for bike-stuff’ is closed to new replies.