• This topic has 191 replies, 102 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by oldnick.
Viewing 32 posts - 161 through 192 (of 192 total)
  • Notice – STW any issues ?
  • Marko

Still the same issue with uploading images.

win 10 on chrome.

dmorts

Sometimes if switching tabs in Chrome on returning to STW I find the page reloads and deletes the reply to a post was midway through writing. (Caveat it can take me a while to write posts)

kayak23

Still no img quote link etc tabs.
    Android Chrome

Beagleboy

Yep, I’m getting the same issue again when trying to upload images. A box pops up claiming that my image isn’t a valid jpeg or is more than 10mb. This is on Android / PC chrome and I even tried Firefox and MS Edge with the same result.

Beagleboy

Interestingly. If, after downloading my images from google photos, I then open them up in a picture editor and re-save them…. they upload to the site fine.

Am I just going about the image embedding thing in a very awkward manner? In my luddite understanding of the world, I have to download the images onto my device then upload the image from that device to the Singletrack post. Am I over complicating the process?

scotroutes

@Beagleboy – as far as I can see you’re doing it right. I occasionally get that same glitch too. I’ve got around it by saving a screenshot and then uploading that 😂

scotroutes

Wow. Look at all the buttons!

Screenshot_20240501-125108

bruneep

Video pop up still taking over  Screenshot_20240503_071141_Chrome

MSP

The “are you sure you meant to do that” failures seem to be increasing. And we can no longer just press the back button to retrieve the text, infuriating when you have spent a few minutes typing something out.

Dickyboy

“Still no img quote link etc tabs.
    Android Chrome”

Yeah same here Android on a Pixel 6a, disappeared a while back & never returned.

lister

No photo and quote etc tabs for me (iPhone safari) and the pop up videos appear if I leave safari and come back again.

Dickyboy

No photo and quote etc tabs for me (iPhone safari) and the pop up videos appear if I leave safari and come back again.

@lister
    – just been advised to set preferences in your account settings & now works for me again

lister

That worked; thanks Dicky!

pondo

I don’t think I have the option to create new threads – I’ve enabled Fancy Editor, but no joy. 🙁

stevemorg2

Can’t reply to any of the ads in the classifieds ATM

big_scot_nanny

Safari on Mac (same on iPad), video player causing havoc with formatting when you scroll down past the player. First post after the player does this

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 13.14.13

stevemorg2

yep – I’m getting that on Safari as well

scotroutes

@pondo – have you opted for the Chat or Bike forum before trying to start a thread? Don’t try to do it from the combined Overview tab.

pondo

Ah ha! That’s where I was going wrong. Ta @scotroutes! 🙂

stwhannah

@stevemorg2 you don’t reply to ads any more, you send the seller a DM.

stevemorg2

@stwhannah – thank you – I wasn’t aware of that. what about the issue raised by bigscotnanny?

bruneep

Screenshot_20240508_131342_Chrome

fettlin

The pic upload is very finicky. Link works, uploads then fails saying it couldn’t be uploaded, check it’s valid. It’s a jpeg of 2.2mb.

Happened a couple of times, with different pictures.

peterno51

Dunno if everyone is in the pub and it’s just me on here at the moment, but it’s all very speedy fast currently.

Marko

Still the same issue with image uploads. I’ve managed to get one uploaded to the riding thread, but no chance with the second. I’m ‘bog standard’:

Pixel phone > Google photos > Chrome > download image to Win 10 laptop > upload to STW?

🥱

Cougar

Is there any reason you can’t cut out all of those steps bar the first and last?

Marko

@Cougar

Not really. Running out of free storage on Google photos and I like to keep a separate folder of STW uploads locally.

. . . steps bar the first and last?

Last one might be a problem (and a solution) 😁

Cougar

Flaperon’s post here is white text on a white background.  Problem with the CODE tag on dark theme?

iOS random number app question

Drac

The code was causing an issue.

crumply

I can’t for the life of me post a classified ad, it says I need to upload at least one image despite saying 100% progress across all images.  Tried one image, tried multiple.  Multiple attempts in Firefox, Chrome and Edge without browser extensions.  Guess it may be linked to the other reported image upload issues?

rockhopper70

Tried to post a PSA on the sticky thread today and returned a “fatal error”.  But it appeared to have uploaded but the forum front page didn’t ever show my post as the most recent addition.
    Also, on iPhone, safari, cannot get into the discounts page. Add the emailed code and it just returns you to the “enter valid email” box.

oldnick

Search button, news button and login etc button don’t work on win10/chrome. Fine on phone (ios)

Viewing 32 posts - 161 through 192 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.