Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Not your usual STW “what car?” question
  • stumpy01

djglover – Member
    Seat Ibiza TDI sport 100bhp, remapped to 150bhp. Cost me 4K to buy on a 56 plate 12 months ago. Great driving car, sounds like a tractor at tick over though.

I think the OP was erring towards the petrol….hence my suggestion of the petrol FR above.

If the OP is considering a diesel version, then probably better off in the 130TDi Sport over a re-mapped 100.
    The 100 in stock is a perfectly capable car to be honest, but I wouldn’t want to drive one on a 4 mile commute; prefers longer runs, I reckon.

djglover
    Free Member

You are probably right. I only ended up with the Sport as having 4 doors was a prerequisite of my wifes, otherwise I’d have got the FR or Cupra

NorthernStar
    Free Member

Please take what Clarkson says with a big pinch of salt – a whole bag of salt in fact. Yes the Panda 100hp is a fairly basic car, but that’s half of the appeal really. Simplicity means less to go wrong and a kind of purity that you won’t find in many over engineered and soundproofed modern cars.

It’s not particularly slow either. 0-60 in 9.5 secs is more than acceptable. Better than a lots of cars that. Plus if your Mrs is only on the motorway once every blue moon then what does it matter if it’s not the Fiat’s natural environment?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Not your usual STW “what car?” question’ is closed to new replies.