Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Northwave SLW2 / XDial & overshoes
  • roger_mellie

This is probably niche problem of the week, but I’m finding that Northwaves ‘Boa’ type dial fixing is loosening off during rides when I’m wearing overshoes (on the road bike). I’m guessing that the Roubaix type fabric on the inner face is catching on the release latch slightly during pedaling. Anyone else experienced this or similar?

The solution will probably be waterproof socks (eugh), proper winter boots (£££), or different shoes plus overshoes.

Cheers

matt_outandabout

proper winter boots (£££),

Has solved my cold feet problems.
    Shimano MW5 + merino socks + additional reflective layer under in-sole for the win.

fossy

Winter boots are a bit of a revelation TBH. Really wished I did it years ago. Had my MW7’s for some years now, and even use them in warmer months when I know it’s going to be a wet ride. Just acquired some Road RW5’s as well.

roger_mellie

Cheers folks. Looks like it’ll be the push to winter boots that will be better in the long run for me than overshoes which gradually perish over a season or two.

Ta.

matt_outandabout

For the record – I wore overshoes over winter boots on one ride last year. Toasty.

BenjiM

Northwave winter boots and Grip Grab Cylin’ Gaiters, work a treat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.