Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • North West Warwick
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Are there any local quiet lanes or off road riding to be had in or around the North west Warwick area please?

Down that way with work tomorrow night and thinking about packing a bike.

large418
    Free Member

Hey John, not much off road down here of any quality. It’ll be a boggy mess in most parts. If you do decide to venture out you could head north from Warwick on a track towards Beausale, and head left towards Hatton or right towards Kenilworth, then make a loop up.

You’re best off on the road – lots to be had riding out towards Beausale, Claverdon, Lowsonford or south towards Offchurch, napton, Birdingbury.

Good. Luck – I would offer to show you around but I am banned from my bike until the decorating is done. Got another 2 weeks yet!

rOcKeTdOg

It’s one of the reasons I moved out of Warwick

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers Large418, I hate riding on roads, what about the canal tow paths, are they ride able this time of year or are they a “boggy mess” as well?

mboy
    Free Member

Get in touch with the Godiva Trail Riders. Not a huge amount to be had in the area, but when I lived up that way, I used to ride with them a bit, and anything worth riding in the area and they know it inside out…

large418
    Free Member

Canals are ok, they won’t be too muddy but will be wet. Not that exciting though…..
    If you want to drive down to Bredon hill near Evesham (45 mins) that’s got some good riding.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

large418 – Member

Canals are ok, they won’t be too muddy but will be wet. Not that exciting though…..
    If you want to drive down to Bredon hill near Evesham (45 mins) that’s got some good riding.

Cheers, but I’ll have been in the car all day, so the canal will be a de stress ride.

Thanks for yours and mboy’s help

noltae
    Free Member

Head up to Newbold Common Leamington Spa which you can reach via Grand Union Canal (Get on at Tesco Emscote RD Warwick). You can have a burn round the 4x track and then head off round the footpaths around the golf course ..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘North West Warwick’ is closed to new replies.