Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • North downs
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Can anyone be so kind to let me know where abouts this is in this video please ?
    Going in the morning for the first time.. Any tips on where to park ?
    [video]http://youtu.be/K-F3m_G8CYY[/video]

timmys
    butterbean
    Free Member

Park in the Walking Bottom car park.

Ask a few riders in the village to show you around, they might show you some stuff better than the trail in question (most of the others).

antennae
    Free Member

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Peaslake+Village+Stores+Ltd/@51.1901445,-0.4480606,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4875dcb8dfe7e407:0xc177aef73b121e7

Head up Walking Bottom a few hundred yards and there’s a big car park on the left.

BKB is on Holmbury Hill. Drop into the village and climb out on Radnor Road. The start is on the right hand side- there’s a layby with a massive log.

BKB is alright but there are many more challenging trails to be had on Pitch and Holmbury. Ask a random on the trails or pop into Pedal and Spoke in the village.

Edit: it’s actually been added to Google Maps. First mountain bike trail I’ve ever seen on there…

Goldigger
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys.. if you’ve got some better routes please share ?
    We’ll aim to cover up to 20miles..

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The trail network is as long as your arm, but you will struggle to find many (any) without a guide, and being shown how to link them all.

Otherwise it will be a very boring 20 miles of fireroads.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Gold digger – with respect to hob nob, I would disagree. It’s pretty easy in Holmbury and Ptch to find most of the trails. On a Sunday the place will be very busy and it’s more likely that you will struggle to find a trail that is empty!!!

Lots of people knock Barry’s but it’s a ride that always leave a smile in the face.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

We’ll aim to cover up to 20miles..

just a short trip then ?

Pedal & Spoke in Peaslake have maps of the area with the trails on.

from peaslake there are two halves – one on the bkb side where you can also do telegraph row and yoghurt pots and then the other side with the T trails, etc.

From the car park you may be able to find a group to tag along with, or you should be able to find gpxes on the main sites.

njee20
    Free Member

There are three distinct hills really from Peaslake: Holmbury (BKB etc), Pitch (T-trails), Winterfold (Evian etc).

Pitch and Holmbury are the easiest to navigate, Winterfold is more tucked away, plus they’ve cleared a lot of the trails for logging. Go to P&S, follow some other guys (I’ll be there in a bit), and have a mooch, it’s great riding.

Goldigger
    Free Member

We didn’t go in the end…Mates Mrs won’t let him out two weeks on the trot..
    Just went out for a couple of hours locally, into ashridge for a 25 miler.
    If we don’t go to Afan next Friday well do the downs instead..
    I’ve got a nice root that I modified last night, includes Barry knows best, yogurt pots and telegraph row..

njee20
    Free Member

Was crazy busy up there today! If the weather’s similar and you plan to park in Peaslake go early!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘North downs’ is closed to new replies.