Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • No to Dave, No to Gordon, Yes to Nick Griffin? Please NO!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

The apathy to government at the moment is an ironic mountain! Does this mean we will make the same mistakes as the Euro elections?

Is Nick Clegg the only alternative? Who else? Wouldn't voting Labour gift the election back to the human vacuum cleaner with a faulty plug?

zaskar
    Free Member

I'd rather vote Gordon Brown lol

AndyRT
    Free Member

the realisation of a legitimate Brown party is filling me with dread and inevitability

AndyP
    Free Member

problem is – as with the previous couple of elections – there is no credible alternative to the current lot. Mumbling scottish **** or bumbling posh ****? Both of whom will continue to screw things up.
    ooh, what a choice. And yet either of them are better than the further rise of the BNP…

AndyRT
    Free Member

So maybe now would be a good time to start a new political party, with its primary manifesto being to produce more singletrack all over the country?

backhander
    Free Member

AndyRT, where do I put the "X"?

shepleg
    Free Member

sound good, what are the policies on schools 😉

glenncampbell

I'll vote for STW!! But never for Nick Griffin. It really sticks in my throat but I'd rather see Gordon Brown back in office – at least this time he'd have been democratically elected – unlike this term where he walked into Tony's shoes.

backhander
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It is not good, Its the first time in my life I have no enthusiasm for the election of a labour government even if all the alternatives are worse.

At least in the next holyrood elections there are some other choices that are not wasted votes – Greens, SSP and SNP all have had representation at holyrood.

But for Westminster FFS. Where is the talent? Where is the integrity? Where is the policies and the radicalism? Even the Lib dems have gone all moderate and wishy washy.

Its labour losing the election. All the polls show that there is no great positive move towards the tories – its just everyone feels its time for a change and they might just be right. The tory campagn seems to be " look at me – I'm a nice guy" A policy lite experience

so – my hope is for a hung parliament. The minority governments at Holyrood have been OK and the concessions the Lib Dems have extracted have made some sense – proportional representation on the local councils is good and have made the council elections meaningful again. also there are no foundation Hospitals, city academies and so on. Unfortunately it has also meant some populist but stupid stuff has got thru such as keeping Monklands A&E open which is not what should have happened

So. I really don't know what I shall do. I'll have a look at the numbers but I think my constituency is a safe labour one so I'm not sure it really matters how I vote.

Vote monster raving loony for a brighter future?

AndyRT
    Free Member

vote STW

we'll put your children in schools where cycling is venerated and singletrack is the new religion

This is a cyclists democracy, what policies would you want from our next great political hope?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is a cyclists democracy, what policies would you want from our next great political hope?

Tax break on A&A Fridays. Not sure how to cost it out as yet, but I'm sure it'll work.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Might need a little research with the subjects of the usual A&A themes, but a promising start….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cyclist party?

Well ban all cars for a start……………………………

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, now now, you can't ban ALL cars. Only those cars owned by people who aren't cyclists. See? That way, I can blast down the motorway in my lumping great turbocharged four wheel drive car to get to the hills, safe in the knowledge that the only other people on the roads are fellow cyclists. 😉

I would look at dropping the VAT on all hybrids and commuter/folder bikes though. These should be seen as not really being a luxury, but more of a necessity for life. Then encourage the use of them for short hops to the shops etc. (He said having just pedalled back from the gym, via the shops on his lovely old town bike! 8) )

westkipper
    Free Member

I'd certainly not ban cars, where would the fun of commuting be otherwise?

Stoner
    Free Member

you see you dangle a little power in front of them and they want to tax and ban! 🙄

I'd deregulate and legalise until we were a borderline legitimate anarchy! 🙂

Raw darwinism!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘No to Dave, No to Gordon, Yes to Nick Griffin? Please NO!’ is closed to new replies.