Viewing 6 posts - 321 through 326 (of 326 total)
  • No new petrol and diesel cars from 2040
  • Edukator
    Free Member

hills, twisty roads, passengers and or luggage of some description, non standard tyres, deviations in pressure, adverse weather conditions, short journeys,

A significant proportion of our driving is up and down mountain passes to ski resorts on Winter tyres with three in the car and a pile of ski gear. Most of the other journeys are short. It’s all down to how you drive, Jimjam. And you make the way you drive abundantly clear on petrolhead threads.

Customers can do test drives and see for themselves what the range is. I was lent a Fluence and then a Kangoo, neither of which met my needs. A day with a Zoé was enough to prove I could do everything I wanted with it.

jimjam
    Free Member

Edukator – Reformed Troll

A significant proportion of our driving is up and down mountain passes to ski resorts on Winter tyres with three in the car and a pile of ski gear. Most of the other journeys are short. It’s all down to how you drive, Jimjam.

So are you saying you can meet or exceed the manufacturers mpg claims while driving up a mountain pass to a ski resort with three in a car along with their luggage on winter tyres?

irc

My initial post was in resposne to someone stating the real world range of a Nissan Leaf (155 vs 90) and

Another real world opinion on Leaf range from a Leaf owner.

‘ve owned both a 24kWh and 30kWh Leaf and the 30kWh version is just so much better.

If you don’t drive like a manic the 30kWh Leaf will go at least 80 miles on a wet, cold and windy winters day with the temperature just above 0 and the heater on. The 24kWh Leaf will do about 60 miles in the same conditions.

https://speakev.com/threads/deciding-between-the-24kwh-or-30kwh.19103/

I’m not opposed to EVs on anything other than practicalities. At present they are more expensive, charging is an issue for anyone without private off street parking, and range is too low for anything other than as a second car. Cold wet windy conditions are a reality for several months of the year. 60-80 miles range is not enough. Just imagine being stuck in a motorway at a standstill having to choose between keeping the car warm or retaining the range to get home.

sbob
    Free Member

So are you saying you can meet or exceed the manufacturers mpg claims while driving up a mountain pass to a ski resort with three in a car along with their luggage on winter tyres?

He’s an unbelievably good driver.
    Not sure he’s got too much time to drive though what with his frequent trips from France to somewhere else in France, via Luton. 😆

A little embellishment can be believable, however… 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

The trip off the Lodgy TCE since June last year:

7863km
    410l
    49.9kmh average
    5.6l/100

My own back of envelope calculations are better still, the car doesn’t use what the fuel meter shows (or Leclerc pumps give you more than you pay for).

And in answer to your italics this is what Russel Bulgin wrote about my driving in Cars and Car Conversions magazine “The guy who won at Chorley was a bloke named **** ********** in what appeared to be the world’s oldest Mini. Could he drive? Straight off he made it all look so simple. Easy. Then all his movements were smooth and amazingly fluid; the handbrake turns were spot on, the snap changes from first to reverse ultraclean with the car never, ever stopping. He gave the impression of – if he thought it necessary – being able to barrelroll the car to get a quick time, without so much as bending a panel”.

Any embellishment is his not mine, I admit to bending panels in barrelrolls.

Edukator
    Free Member

Oh, and back on topic. We left for the mountains at lunchtime time with Zoé showing 342km range (you’ll note she lost 4km in a day doing nothing if you’ve been following closely). After a round trip of 76km keeping up with the rest of the traffic and climbing/descending 800m she’s showing 291km.

Viewing 6 posts - 321 through 326 (of 326 total)

The topic ‘No new petrol and diesel cars from 2040’ is closed to new replies.