Viewing 8 posts - 281 through 288 (of 288 total)
  • No mow May
  • wheelsonfire1

We’re in again! Parts don’t get mown at all, some parts once in September and other parts occasionally on the highest setting. Beneficial to wildlife, use less energy (mine and the planets), and provides a lot of interesting stuff to look at.

J-R

Our no mow area hasn’t been mown since the autumn and is already bright with yellow cowslips, primroses and purple bugle. No sign of the yellow rattle yet but last year that appeared later.

zippykona

I’m in did a mow on Monday but mowed around the daisies.

stevious

You mean I get to avoid my least favourite domestic chore AND help nature? I am IN.

wheelsonfire1

IMG_2479

Edukator
    Free Member

For the first time in years I’ve mown the lot but on the highest setting. I’d got more compost than I need so mowed and spread.

poolman
    Free Member

Wildflower meadow planted here just need some sun to get growing.  Do still mow as I want to make compost.  Rhubarb cropping already.

thecaptain
    Free Member

If you have yellow rattle the plants should be coming up and very recognisable by now, albeit small. Pairs of fairly thin serrated-edge leaves in a cross shape (ie alternating pairs).

Planning a summer(*) cut this year for a change, as various perennials are starting to take over. I’ll cut round a few things I want to keep, but I don’t want too many of them!

(*) ok based on last year’s weather I’d better call it a July cut, summer or no!

Viewing 8 posts - 281 through 288 (of 288 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.