Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nikon enters the action camera market
  • seadog101

Too late to the party, or waiting patiently and offering up something quite nice?

Nikon 360° Action Camera

30m water proof without a housing
    360° video in 4K UHD

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sat here tinkering round with some GoPro from last night, just trying to work out how you edit 360 footage without giving everyone a headache!!

Guessing you have a crop that gives your the bit you want at the time???

seadog101

I’m guessing there’ll be some nikonsoftware to edit it to what you want, and or some sort of Viewer software that allows you to pan around while watching a video. With just a front and rear camera, though, it’ll be a little clunky.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ll only be interested if you have the option to record in just one direction like a normal camera as well. And the picture quality needs to be at least GoPro standard, most of the others look a bit crap(I’m looking at you Sony Action Cam).

andermt
    Free Member

One of the key comments in their press release for me is this

the first of Nikon’s range of action cameras

So there is more to come, which I think may be of more interest as I’m not that bothered by 360°.
    I think these will probably be expensive anyway.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Not usually an early adopter of stuff but I think I may be on this one.
    Been waiting for 360 cameras for ages as I think they are freaky cool.

Especially for Megavelanche…being able to relive the race and look where ever you want with so much chaos happening around you that you just don’t notice in the heat of the moment….

I’m in

AlexSimon

about the same size as GoPro’s Hero 4 Session

That’s very small!
    I’m assuming that we’ll see footage later today when CES kicks off.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The 360 thing would be cool for filming off the bike shots, stick the camera on a tripod somewhere on the trail, ride past, repeat further along and you can then frame shots, pan, zoom, etc at home, effectively gaining a cameraman without having to convince a mate to stand around in the woods for hours filming you.

wrecker
    Free Member

Dunno if I’d ever use a 360deg capability, but it looks the shit and for that alone, I want one!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Nice, I wonder if they will update their DSLR’s to do 4K also?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Nice, I wonder if they will update their DSLR’s to do 4K also?

Yup. The D5 & D500 both do 4k.

jairaj

The 360 camera thing isn’t new been around for a while : https://theta360.com/uk/

But its good to see someone package the concept into an action cam casing that can get wet and take a few knocks.

I doubt I’d use 360 mode all the time but I imagine in certain situations it can give a really novel view point. I look forward to the movie makers getting their hands on it and making some cool videos.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nikon enters the action camera market’ is closed to new replies.