Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Nice watch for a few hundred pounds or less?
  • CountZero

Thanks, Toby, and Andy too for putting up details of the watch in the first place. I’ve become pretty fussy about how a watch looks, requiring simplicity and clarity over everything else, and an automatic as well, but all the watches that fitted the criteria fell down on price. Finding pretty much the perfect watch, a discontinued model, for sale in as new, warrantied, perfect condition for a price I could actually afford was almost too good to be true, actually getting it is incredibly pleasing, and only possible because of the folks on here.
    Thanks, guys, I hope everyone has a really great weekend. 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

Thanks bravohotel8er, I now own a C20 Lido

Quite fancy that C11 too

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I just bought one like this! Bloody thread. £80.

anonymouse
    Free Member

That looks great, Luke. Details please.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It’s a Seiko SNK809, part of the Seiko 5 range. It comes with a black webbing strap (military style) but I bought a light brown leather strap just like in the photo as I rather liked the look of it too!

Pic isn’t mine BTW.

The SNK isn’t a UK model but they can be had here. Mine came (hasn’t arrived yet) off Amazon for £65 delivered, brand new.

Strap £14 delivered, arrived yesterday. Off The strap shop.co.uk.

The Seiko is automatic too! No batteries ! Although I have heard they gain a few seconds a day.

ask1974
    Free Member

Martin that’s a nice CW. Have to say I’m really pleased with my C11, keeps great time and is built to last. Must admit I also rather enjoy the compliments it draws, most are quite surprised at the price.

For the traditionalists Stowa look good as well.

MrSmith
    Free Member

the snk809 is a nice plain case/crown to add a dial/hand mod to.
    not a fan of the nylon military strap though, guess they make sense if you are a commando.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Luke, for £80′ thats a steal!!

I much prefer autos over Kinetic; I sold on my old seiko GMT kinetic; they don’t like not being worn everyday.

I’m happy with my 13 yr old Citizen ecodrive tough titanium for sports and my Sub No Date for everyday wear, however those Seiko fives, especially the modded ones look awesome!

aP
    Free Member

I’m quite liking Uniformwares at the moment

although I am a long-time Mondaine fan

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

PSA: Creation Watches 5% off.

Ordered a couple of Japan made Seiko’s over the last few months, excellent service and a good price.

http://www.creationwatches.com

Enter code BO82F in the “Comments/Instructions/Codes (Optional):”

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My Seiko SNK809 and leather strap arrived!

lunge

Ooh, that is lovely. I may have to invest.

CountZero

Luke, I have one of those, a Yobokies mod like MrSmith posted up:

This is mine:

Won’t get quite so much wear now I’ve got the big Seiko, tho’. 😀

I like the NATO/Zulu nylon straps, got bugger-all to do with being a commando, everything to do with being cheap, strong, light, comfortable, easily adjusted, and dead easy to clean when they get sweaty and whiffy.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Nice watch for a few hundred pounds or less?’ is closed to new replies.