Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • New year fitness and weightloss thread
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

I started one of these last year and lost a stone over 12 months. Going for another half stone this year and looking to get a lot fitter.

What are your targets?

scotroutes

4-5lbs loss will see me at 11 stone – the lightest I’ve been for decades. I lost a similar amount earlier n 2013 and noticed a marked improvement in my (bike) hill-climbing ability.

flap_jack
    Free Member

15kg heavier than I was 3 years ago. If I get rid of half that I’ll be pleased.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Minimum of 10kg off – I would be happy enough with that – but more would be nice… even double it….

jam-bo

Eat less and move more worked out for me in 2013, down from 14st to 12.5st.

More of the same I reckon.

wombat

Looking to lose a stone & a half over the course of the year, should help me be faster on the bike and be back to climbing E1 8)

davedodd
    Free Member

I’ve got laminate flooring being installed tomorrow morning, and a new spin bike being ordered in the afternoon!
    No more excuses will be tolerated. Determined to get back down to 12 stone, and spinning has always been something I’ve enjoyed.

ross980
    Free Member

Could do with shifting half a stone or so. Can’t be bothered calorie counting so will be avoiding crisps/biscuits/cake/beer etc. etc. from Monday to Friday (well at least until after work on Friday) and keep on/increase amount of exercise.

Planning on doing the 20 pull up challenge and and 100 press up challenge too, but I’ll see how that goes…

_tom_
    Free Member

Hoping to put on some more muscle but it’s hard to force myself to eat enough to do it well! I think I’ve lost pretty much all the fat I can do now so its a case of filling out as much of the loose skin with muscle as I can to try and avoid surgery..

mrhoppy

I’d like to shift 10kg, I’m going for the no crisps/biscuits/beer during the week and trying to up my exercise again.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

4 stone seems like a reasonable target for me. The fecked ankle will make the exercise bit harder but I reckon cutting down the bottled calories should achieve that weight loss.

Just going for a bath and a couple of beers while I contemplate this

franksinatra

10kg min for me this year. Currently 98kg which is officially fat and, by quite some distance, the heaviest I have ever been. I feel heavy and that is not good

. I am pretty disgusted that it has got to this, looking forward to seeing, and feeling the difference,

renton
    Free Member

Im going to try my hardest to lose and keep off 18kgs so that I am down under 100kgs for the first time in 12 years!!

Bregante

Lost around 10lbs in the last year through running and watching my diet. Going to aim to lose another 10lbs this year the same way. Also aiming to do some 10k races and possibly a couple of half marathons.

soobalias
    Free Member

get back to running,
    get myself up to 12st @ 10% bodyfat

might have a crack at the 100 pushups/pullups

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was 15% body fat before getting sick just before Christmas. My first goal is to get back to that. 5:2 worked for me last year so I’ll be doing that. However, I’m also about to start a 30 week program to get iron-fit for an ultra distance triathlon in July. The plan is to be fit enough to get around in one piece, idely under 12 hours or close to. As an aside, I’d like to get the body fat down to 10% by then.

Nothing too ambitious 😳

binners

I’m being pretty bold with my targets. I’m aiming to put on a few stone, minimum. Probably by going to the pub after work every evening, then calling at the chippy on the way home. And nipping to Gregg’s for a feast of pies and pasties every lunchtime. I’m sacking off riding my bike as well, and shall be driving absolutely everywhere from now on!

footflaps

I’m being pretty bold with my targets.

Seriously Binners, forget all these half measures and just pour duck fat down a tube into your stomach. If a jobs worth doing etc….

timidwheeler

Loose 10 kilos, ride a century, ride further every month this year than I did last year.

wiggles
    Free Member

I need to lose a good few stone. Was about 12.5st 3-4years ago (pre kids) now more like 16!

So more rides less pies!

sundaywobbler

I want to lose 2 stone really, just hopped on the scales too, must have over indulged a little over xmas!

mogrim

Haven’t done my post-xmas weigh in yet, but the wobbly bit that’s appeared around my middle is not a good sign 🙂 So probably 5kg weight loss, to get down to race weight.

Ride targets: not get dropped by my mates on the 100km Madrid-Segovia MTB in April, gold time in the 209km Quebrantahuesos road bike sportive in June, and finish the 110km GTP ultramarathon (running) also in June – this last one depends on whether I get a place in the road bike sportive.

Alex

Last year went from 13st2 to 11st10 between NYD and March 10 when I rode the Westwood 50. 12 stone now, going to see if I can get down to 11st7 before the event this year. The last few pounds were tough last time around.

Hairy Dieters book(s) worked really well for us. Discovered I actually quite enjoyed cooking although I’m useless at it. Cutting out the alcohol in the week made a massive difference to my energy levels so back to that.

First Imperial 100 this year. Which is target enough for a man who rode nearly 4000KM last year but only 200 of those on a road bike!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Weight – not bothered.

Fitness – sub 11 hour Ironman and 3 hour marathon please.

beanie
    Free Member

Well after a crap year with a broken ankle and then 4 months latter a crash on the bike left me with broken collar bone and 2 rids I have put on just over a stone. Still can’t ride the bike at the moment so have joined the gym and my aim for this year is to lose 2 stone and get a lot fitter. 🙂

wurzelcube
    Free Member

We now just need the motivational spreadsheet.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Was reading this earlier, http://www.pinkbike.com/news/mtb-strength-training-core-training-1-2010.html
    gonna have a crack at these, don’t even need the gym for most of them. Am planning to use the gym more this year tho, couple of spin classes a week, some of the above, few weights and swimming – I’d like to get quite good at swimming. That’s in addition to regular squash and bike rides that I already do.

I’ll do the avoiding treats thing for a while to kick things off but I can pretty much eat what I want if I maintained that routine.

wingnuts

Bang on the numbers with wiggles (except kids) Want to take off two stone. Didn’t ride or run much after august last year and know if I do exercise it can come off reasonably easily. Using the fitness pal thing has helped as well in the past. Will start with a vengeance after the weekend trip to the out laws in Holland.

Are we going to have a reporting in session as in previous years?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Lost 2 stone in the past 10 weeks hoping to carry this on down to 14 stone 8lbs so I can do my sky diving license.

renton
    Free Member

Hexhamstu how have you lost two stone in 10 weeks???

coffeeking
    Free Member

Very good question! I need to drop about 60lbs. Now. 🙂

mogrim

Now done my post-xmas weigh in, confirmed: 5kg to lose. Time to search for that iDave diet I guess 🙂

Vortexracing

Back to 10st 5lb by the end of March is my target.

Which means a full stone to lose in 3 months

and still a load of chocolates AND booze to hoover up from Chrimbo 🙁

weeksy

6kg, 1 stone, call it what you want… that’s my target.

Whilst i was happy on the recent SPAM event, i noticed that people (including girls) i was destroying on the flat/downs, i was being mullered by them on the uphills. A chunk of the reason for that is…. i’m too bloody FAT… I can break it down how i want regarding gearing, tyres, etc, but the fact is… they were all a LOT lighter than me.

So, started today on the 5-2 Horizon prog. However this year, the 2 will be 600 cal days, but the 5 days won’t be ‘eat anything you like’ they’ll be far less ‘crap’ and a lot more good.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

62lb to lose… more than the target for last year! No excuses this time, have been challenged by some ladies I coached for their first triathlon 10 years ago to race again..

So, I have to have lost that lot by May 18th 😯 ! Not just to get back to some sort of fitness, but so I can get back into the old tri-suit as Im to tight to buy a new one!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Hexhamstu how have you lost two stone in 10 weeks???

Gone from being 18 stone to 16 stone (I’m 6 foot 4), looking at my spreadsheet I was actually 2 stone down after 9 weeks. Which has equated to losing 14cm off my waist.

First 4 weeks I ate no carbs, then after that:
    Breakfast: Cereal with either apple, blueberries or raisins.
    Lunch: Fish (usually salmon) with green vegetables
    Dinner: meat with green vegetables

Having a couple of almonds to snack on to reduce hunger, and drinking green tea. Riding saturday sunday but not really doing any exercise during the week apart from a 1+ hour dog walk a day.

I know what the response will be, “Losing weight that quick is unhealthy etc etc” but eating takeaways and drinking copious amounts of beer wasn’t particularly healthy either and that didn’t stop me. Also yes I probably have lost some muscle mass, but I’ve beaten all my records for climbing and descending on Strava so I’m not really too worried, and part of my new years resolution is start at the gym to start building some more strength.

Weight in kgs up the side and date on the bottom.

I’ve tried to lose weight before by just being “generally healthier” but it never really worked. I’ve found making a radical change has been the only way. I’ve basically cut out all carbs apart from weetabix or bran flakes and the previously mentioned fruits in the morning.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

In September I was at my race weight of 67kgs. A few months later and the arrival of two adopted kids has meant no exercise and eating loads of crap, I am now 76kg.
    TT season starts for me the end of March so I plan to be near race fit and down to at least sub 70kgs by then.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Was at race weight on 25th October last year (60.5kg). Need to get to 62kg by 8th March.

Better get the road bike out I reckon 🙁

midlifecrashes

I’m going to have a proper go at dropping a stone, maybe a stone and a half, see if I can uncover the six pack I’m sure is lurking under the blanket. Been to the gym this morning, first time since 18th December. Very hard work, amazing how much two weeks off can do, together with the eating and drinking and late nights. I put on nearly half a stone in two weeks! I read earlier in the thread about a 20 pull-up challenge and thought it’d be a doddle, I could do 15 before Christmas, today I managed seven. Need to decide on what version of diet to go for, it needs to work with the rest of the family too, dithering between 5:2 fasting and carb cutting.

granny_ring

I’ve lost a stone on the 5 & 2 and that’s with no biking.
    It really does work and it is a sustainable life style. Having said that I’ve not been following it much the last month and put 4 lbs on….. 🙂
    Want to lose another 8 lbs which will be doable with some exercise as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘New year fitness and weightloss thread’ is closed to new replies.