Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New Mountain Bike Group – Barnsley Mountain Bikers
  • jhempstead
    Free Member

http://www.meetup.com/Barnsley-Mountain-Bikers

Please see above new mountain biking group, it’s in it’s early stages yet but i’m sure it will be a success.

I used to run Sheffield Mountain Bikers through Meet-up and now live in the Barnsley area where there is a serious lack of clubs, so unless i want to spend three hours travelling to each location to ride then this is the best option and i’m sure there are many in a similar situation.

So i’m calling on riders with local knowledge Barnsley/Rotherham/Doncaster/Sheffield/Leeds etc to join and lead rides or be lead which ever you prefer.

The aim is to make it a fun group with as many regular varied rides as we can possibly fit in throughout the week, so there is something for everyone.

I have the trans pennine trail on my doorstep so this is just one option to pursue…………

So if you live in the area’s above…….get involved and meet like minded people and above all have FUN!

Jan

daveh
    Free Member

Always good to have options so good on you for doing it. Do you know that PlanetX/OnOne do a regular ride from Worsbrough? Sunday mornings iirc.

jhempstead
    Free Member

Hey,

No i couldn’t seem to find anything when searching, plus would need more optional days as my work is very demanding ( as seems to be the case with most people these days )so setting up a club with evening/sat/sun or week day rides seems to be the way to go…..but its good to knowabout other groups rides in the area :-)f

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New Mountain Bike Group – Barnsley Mountain Bikers’ is closed to new replies.