Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Lid required – recommendations please
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The Bell Aquilla did its job and now I need a new lid… been a few years since I brought one…
    What gives plenty of airflow, is comfy, light and is reasonable price wise.. any suggestions please. 🙂

robinbetts
    Free Member

If it’s for mtb, I would go with the Giro Hex. I replaced my old Met with one last year and it’s been great. Really light and comfy, and not too pricey (about £50-60 I think). Big vents designed to get the most air through as lower speeds (hence for mtb slow assents). The Zen is also great, and looks a bit better than the Hex, but is nearly a ton, so I wouldn’t bother.

R

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

R, it is for MTB and the climbs that come with it, Thanks.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve just got a Bell Alchera which seems to be very comfortable & well vented

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If you’re like me the best helmet is the one that fits – and there aren’t very many of them. You’ve probably heard this a million times before but try them on. The “best” helmet might fit you like a thimble on a big toe

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Still Tortoise, thats the plan, was going to get recommendations and then find outlets to try the helmets out.
    Although trying the Hex or Zen as suggested at local outlet for size comfort and then buying from Wiggle is looking attractive with Wiggle having 20% off on lids..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Lid required – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.