Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • New improved Magicshine?
  • stretchy72
    Free Member

I bought one of these direct from Magicshine a month ago. I’m based in Hong Kong so the whole issue with supporting local business wasn’t a concern for me although I admit I didn’t realize the design was taken from someone else. The Magicshine box came with both the bar mount and the helmet mount. Don’ t have a lot to compare it to but the build is as good if not better than my Hope Vision One and the beam spread it far wider. I’ve mounted mine on the bars and use a narrow spot Cree torch on the helmet.Works well as a combination for me

jonb
    Free Member

Is there an easy way to focus the beam on these? I have a airbike everlight on my bars which is quite floody and was looking for something helmet mounted with more focus?

Luminous
    Free Member

Hhmmm.

Radial cooling fins, the entire length of the body, screw-on front bezel.

Now where have I seen that before…
    😕

stumpy01

Zippy – that helmet mount doesn’t look like it will work with the new can design??

Luminous – to be fair to them, that’s about the cheapest/easiest way to machine an aluminium can I would have thought.
    I started doing a design for my own light can to stick some Cutter bits & pieces in & it looked pretty much the same as that, although my fins were fewer with more spacing in between (probably 2x that pitch) and I was toying with having a bolt-on front plate for ease of manufacture, as opposed to a screw on bezel.

Luminous
    Free Member

Same LED, larger body…Do the current versions get hot then ?

oli2001
    Free Member

super

jonb
    Free Member

Anybody recieved one yet.

I’m looking at replacing my simple torch on the helmet and was wondering if the new one is worth it over the old one. The simple o ring attachement of the old one may suit me better as I was thinking of alternating between bikes and my helmet.

z1ppy

opps missed this, Stumpy, that helmet mount link I posted above is for the old design magicshine units, is you need a new one you’ll either have to hang onto until DX stocks them or buy one from spokebloke.
    Jonb, it’s worth bearing that in mind too, as the o-ring is ok but not exactly brilliant (I find it starts to slip round the bars when occasionally)

Luminous, no i’ve never had any issues with heat on the MS unit’s, & mine has never had any.. would the re-design be for purely ‘cost’ of making the new shape vs the old (less machining required so cheaper?)

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

looks great, however has anyone tried mounting them with One One Mary’s .

my old cateyes go boss eyed as the curve of the bars and the lack of swivel in the mount……

any thoughts

cookeaa

2 mode only, excellent means they’ve ditched the stupid flashing mode if the mount is up to scratch and the improved battery water resistance is good then I’m probably going to order one once my current Bastid dies, however I could well consider ordering from spokebloke seeing as he took the initiative and diddling him out of sales seems a tad unfair…. but that particular buying decision is a way off yet, does anyone know if the battery pack on it’s own has an “SKU” No yet?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘New improved Magicshine?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM