Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New full sus maybe required
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

The death of my yeti 575 maybe on the cards, it’s served me well over the past 11 yrs. So my question is now what should I replace it with… When I comes to sus bikes these days im out the loop as to what’s out there and good. I don’t want anything to heavy though so I think steel is out.

Cheers for any advice or recommendations

weeksy

Depends, XC, Enduro, Trail, DH…. More possibly, budget….

There are almost limitless options these days and the vast majoirty are brilliant….  Preference on number of gears ? travel of forks/shock….

oxbow
    Free Member

Agree, all depends what riding you like. No need for steel frames, alu is everywhere (and personally I can’t see it’s worth spending a mint on carbon). Choice is more about the right kit for your style and budget (wheel size, gearing etc)

I was in the same boat until yesterday with 2 older (2009, 2012) bikes both becoming harder to keep going. And then I was in Blazing Saddles in Hebden Bridge yesterday and they had last year’s Spec Camber at a v good price and right spec for me (2×11, decent kit level, etc). Only thing  – I’m not convinced about 29er and had not looked at Spec models recently but too good an opportunity, so I’ll be out on it in a couple of days 🙂

Lesson – don’t overlook the obvious. And there are other 2017 bargains out there. Get going before the weather picks up and they are all gone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New full sus maybe required’ is closed to new replies.