Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New frame day, but which one
  • therag
    Free Member

Sold my bandit so it’s new frame day tomorrow, but I still haven’t decided what it’s going to be.
    It’s between the new 5, the transition patrol and the nomad has just entered the list too.
    If only all Monday’s were like this.

matther01
    Free Member

I do like that patrol 🙂

chris36860
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden the others, but my Nomad rocks!! Currently run with fox 180’s but just about to buy some 160’s for more all mountain Riding. I’m sure that’s no help to you!!

therag
    Free Member

The forks are giving me a head ache as I need 160mm and I’ve got a set of 150mm pikes & a set of 150mm 34s.
    The patrol looks stunning but I can’t demo one, I’ve rode a nomad and it was what I’m looking for, but on paper they seem very similar, apart from the material/weight

creamegg
    Free Member

Out of your list it would be the five or patrol for me. Im sure theyll all ride well but im not keen on the SC looks

nickdavies

Patrol off that list. Can you not get a longer airspring to run the pikes at 160?

creamegg
    Free Member

Assuming newer pikes, £35 for 160mm air spring, easy enough job to do yourself (again, assuming your not a monkey with the spanners)

robhughes
    Free Member

The forks are giving me a head ache as I need 160mm and I’ve got a set of 150mm pikes

Just buy a 160 air shaft for the pikes.Only pennies.

therag
    Free Member

That’s the answer for the forks. Great

Mbnut
    Free Member

How did you come to shortlist those 3 bikes…. have you ridden any of them?

Whilst the geo maybe similar the suspension systems and the way they ride are very different.

BigJohn

This […..] is the difference between 150mm and 160mm. Without taking relative A-C lengths into account.

Unless, of course, the frame knows it’s a 160 fork and only unleashes its secret magical properties if it’s got one on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New frame day, but which one’ is closed to new replies.