Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 159 total)
  • New Forum…Coming March 15th….probably
  • Cougar

We won’t be handing over any personal data to any third parties without the express permission of the subscribers/users concerned.

Presumably this permission will be opt-in rather than opt-out?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I don’t like change.

nickf
    Free Member

The Nutella, or the bearer?

Both??!

I hate Nutella, and the young lady, though very fetching and in the possession of a lovely smile, commits the faux pas of wearing sunglasses tucked into her top. Very Tom Jones, and totally unpardonable.

So no to both.

emsz
    Free Member

She’s not that cute, nice smile. 😆

30 a (on a good day)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

forum names should be limited to age and initials

I’ll be 40E in a few weeks. 😐

matthewjb
    Free Member

Is this where we put our requests in?

Can I request a ‘McMoonter builds things and knocks things down’ Forum? They’ve been the most interesting threads of the last few weeks.

donsimon
    Free Member

druidh – Member

don simon – Member
    *wonders what it would be like if they put the bike forum and chat forum together to form one big friendly place.*

Posted 18 minutes ago # Report-Post

Can we have something to keep stalkers at bay too?

Mark

‘express permission’ means you have to actively say ‘yes’ to a request by us. How much more ‘opt in’ can we be?

How about I make it this clear..

No no no no no no never never ever ever will we pass on personal data of our users or subscribers or anyone else who provides such data to us in exchange for our products or services without the person or persons concerned telling us that this is ok by either ticking a box that say’s ‘yes’ to a written and explicit request for us to pass on said data or by writing to us and saying ‘please prostitute my own personal data in order to earn some money’.

Our own newsletter can be opted in or out by any registered user from your account settings. There is no mechanism currently active on this site that even gives us the ability to allow you to opt in to us passing on your personal data. We don’t like that sort of business and we’ve never engaged in trying to sell data so far in our ten year history and we have no plans.. none, zilch, nada… to start earning money from selling personal data.

All registered users agree to terms and conditions when registering for this site. Those t&cs already contain an assurance that we won’t ever pass on personal data without permission.

It just feels wrong to me to sell personal data. That’s why it just isn’t part of our business plan.

Save this reply and by all means stuff it down my throat and say ‘ner ner na ner ner’ if we ever sell your personal data without your explicit, written permission.

And anyway, I seem to recall that it would be rather illegal to do so under the terms of the Data Protection Act. At least I’m living my life assuming it is and if it isn’t it bloody well should be!

🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

New Forum, same topics though yeah?

We deffo need an Art and Architecture area..

And a music area too..

And a Flounce area.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

What we are promoting is the strengthening of the benefits link between dealers and subscribers through our members card system

Do members cards actually exist then? Never got mine since renewing subs last April. 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

‘express permission’ means you have to actively say ‘yes’ to a request by us. How much more ‘opt in’ can we be?

How about I make it this clear..

No no no no no no never never ever ever will we pass on personal data of our users or subscribers or anyone else who provides such data to us in exchange for our products or services without the person or persons concerned telling us that this is ok by either ticking a box that say’s ‘yes’ to a written and explicit request for us to pass on said data.

Our own newsletter can be opted in or out by any registered user from your account settings. There is no mechanism currently active on this site that even gives us the ability to allow you to opt in to us passing on your personal data. We don’t like that sort of business and we’ve never engaged in trying to sell data so far in our ten year history and we have no plans.. none, zilch, nada… to start earning money from selling personal data.

All registered users agree to terms and conditions when registering for this site. Those t&cs already contain and assurance that we won’t ever pass on personal data.

It just feels wrong to me to sell personal data. That’s why it just isn’t part of our business plan.

Save this reply and by all means stuff it down my throat and say ‘ner ner na ner ner’ if we ever sell your personal data without your explicit, written permission.

And anyway, I seem to recall that it would be rather illegal to do so under the terms of the Data Protection Act. At least I’m living my life assuming it is and if it isn’t it bloody well should be!
    So, just to be absolutely clear on this……… 😛

nickf
    Free Member

Emsz, you’ll not have any concept of this, but being 46 myself, looking

30 a (on a good day)

would be pretty flipping marvellous!

bruneep

I hate Nutella, and the young lady, though very fetching and in the possession of a lovely smile, commits the faux pas of wearing sunglasses tucked into her top. Very Tom Jones, and totally unpardonable.

So no to both.

Jeepers, some folk are reet fussy. Can I keep the young lady, can I?

bullheart
    Free Member

Do members cards actually exist then? Never got mine since renewing subs last April.

+1. I’ve never received mine.

nickf – why you no answer your phone?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Designed by the new BBC website team?

Hope not!

donsimon
    Free Member

She’s not that cute, nice smile.

FFS! If it’s not bad enough having competition from younger, better looking dudes!!!

footflaps

So, as I understand it, they’ll be selling their entire user database, including inside leg measurements and preferred single speed gear ratios, to Google on the 15th March – or was it publishing it on Wikileaks?

nickf
    Free Member

‘Cos it’s not rung? Honest, I’ve seen nowt on the screen from you. Realistically no chance to call later – am still at work and will be for a while yet, just posting from a dreadful conf call.

Am riding at Swinley on Sunday if you fancy a blast? 0930 Lookout.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Something tells me the price of the magazine is about to go up…

emsz
    Free Member

I could turn her, no prob 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

So, to confirm most clearly…. We won’t be passing your personal data onto ANY other companies unless you say we can. We’ve never done that. We won’t do it. We don’t like that sort of thing.

Cheers Mark.
    Thought the initial article looked iffy when I read it, glad to hear that it was a misunderstanding/misquote.

druidh
    Free Member

Andyhilton – Member
    Something tells me the price of the magazine is about to go up…

That’s not the way I’ve been reading it. Expect a lot less waste though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can I write you an android app for the forum please? And will you pay me?

Cue a million ‘how do I write an Android app’ questions.

donsimon
    Free Member

😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cue a million ‘how do I write an Android app’ questions.

And a million more “no, that’s not how you do it” replies to the answers. 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

Personal data is never sold from the forum you have to buy it from spotty hacker groups 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe he’s had to go and pick up some railway sleepers? 😐

I could turn her, no prob

Listen love; once she’d seen me dancin, y’know, really dancin, you’d have no chance.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vTCTYSYn3o&feature=related[/video]

elaineanne
    Free Member

will be still be able to log in with our same username and password ?
    i mite come back in disguise but better watch my spellings commers abbreviations, hyphns, p’s and q’s.fulll stops , Kapital Letters,etc etc etc…. 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

“Expect a lot less waste though.”

The new format Triathlète magazine droped through my letterbox yeasterday. It’s now half the size. This wouldn’t be a problem if they hadn’t also reduced the font size by half. I now need glasses and a magnifying glass to read it.

nbt

emsz – Member
    I could turn her, no prob

Doesn’t count unless witnessed by a third party who remains independent of the proceedings

*volunteers as independent 3rd party*

Jamie
    Free Member

And a million more “no, that’s not how you do it” replies to the answers.

Thread prediction:
    1) Molgrips asks question
    2) Molgrips gets told what to do
    3) Molgrips disagrees
    4) Molgrips argues with those he asked opinons off
    5) We all end up losers

8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

8)

nickf
    Free Member

Can we have an Edinburgh Defence forum please?

nicko74

Jamie – Member

Personally, I’d like to see an end to over-long, uncatchy forum names.

I propose 10 characters or less

Fewer
    Please can we have a pedant button on the new forum, to automatically correct spelling, grammar and scientific inaccuracies? For example, it could resolve the ‘plane on a conveyor belt’ thread in 2 posts 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

apparently they are adding a “like”, “share” and “flounce” button

Jamie
    Free Member

Fewer

Congrats! You spotted the deliberate mistake I left their. Please come to the stage to collect you’re prize.

brakes
    Free Member

emsz
    Free Member

*makes note to go to a club with Elf*

they wouldn’t stand a chance. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we have an argument forum? Any thread on reaching a critical mass of posts by a certain list of posters is immediately transferred!

brakes
    Free Member

Can there be a ‘black is actually white’ thread.
    Just for one particular forum member.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘New Forum…Coming March 15th….probably’ is closed to new replies.