Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • New car for a 74 year old
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

As I said further up, an electric only car is probably a step too far for my mum. A hybrid might be an option, but I think the tech may overwhelm her.
    She struggled to find the rear window demister on the loan Clio she has!

keir
    Free Member

my granddad loved his Nissan Note. He’d always had Vauxhall astras before, but got the Note when he needed something he could get into easier and was often heard to say that he wished he’d changed years ago

Nico
    Free Member

“Some people clearly haven’t checked where the cars they are suggesting are made.”

Easier said than done. I recently found out (by chance) where a Toyota Aygo is made (Czech Republic). I knew it was basically a rebadged Citroen/Peugeot but …

The Honda Jazz is made in 12 plants around the world, but I think ours are made in Mexico from what I heard.

So all that Top Gear stereotyping about different nationalities and the stuff they make has to at least be reconsidered in the light of modern manufacturing methods.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Well after spending most of Friday going round the local dealers, we settled on a Hyundai ix20, 4 yo, FDSH, 1 owner, 26k on the clock.

Drives very nicely and should do what is required of it.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New car for a 74 year old’ is closed to new replies.