• This topic has 64 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jobro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • New bike time the haterz are going to hate!
  • postierich
    Free Member

No weeds on the grass 😉
    Ride over Wrynose planned but a fair bit of off road included
    Bargin £1350 on bike to work scheme
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/XMHbew]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/WA3gVb]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

peteimpreza

Nice

dumbbot
    Free Member

Clearly AstroTurf and not real grass.(fake hose as well)

Nice ride tho.

rOcKeTdOg

I wouldn’t go advertising that they let you have more than the 1k limit (even if it’s a top up & yrs i know everyone does it) coz the CTWS people might withdraw the shops agreement which would be financially a bummer for them.

Nice bike, they ride well don’t they

Kryton57

You could have at least raked the gravel bed level.

onandon
    Free Member

Great, all you need to do now is level the saddle and flip the stem out of middle age mode 🙂

Enjoy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice ride for going over to ,Waitrose…

weeksy

Nice. Sort of bike that makes sense as a winter training bike to me.

siwhite
    Free Member

Nice wheels. I might also pinch your idea for mounting the Alpkit bag on the seattube instead of the headtube…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bike is fine, plastic grass looks shit tho

kayak23

Grass looks bizarre. Nice bike though.

thepurist

Are those blood stains on the wall behind? Guess that explains the new garden and extra time to ride, but you need to hide the evidence better.

jonnyboi

Nice, mine arrives on Tuesday 8)

got two sets of tyres on order too, as tyre availability seems to be the biggest potential downside

andytherocketeer

Think you need to improve security – someone’s nicked half of your forks!

If it only has one blade, does that make it a knife?

Looks alright otherwise. I was gonna do my CX bike in that colour, but decided to do matt black instead.

wind-bag
    Free Member

Nice, the standard tyres are paper thin so best change them as soon as you can, a Thompson stem will fit nicely, I have one on mine and it looks OK.

superstu
    Free Member

Very nice OP

ElShalimo

There appears to be A small animal humping the top tube
    😯

curto80
    Free Member

Mate of mine is pretty handy at doing those sleeper things. I’ll get him to pop round and sort out yours.

FOG

One of our riding group has one which he loves and he has had an awful lot of bikes. I had a quick ride and liked it but I think the wheel size would put me off.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Nice bike, hope you enjoy it!

matt_outandabout

I’m first in the queue for a go on that…

Marko

‘Haterz gonna hate’.

Yep. Gopping. It needs some flat bars and a re-spray and then it might be a half decent pub bike – you know the sort of thing you can leave outside the pub with a poundland lock, knowing that nobody will ever nick it.

😆

postierich
    Free Member

No one has mentioned the dropper I am shocked!! ride to work and back and it felt fast 🙂
    Sleepers the last one needs an angled cut and my saw was getting stuck so waiting for a mate to come round with a decent one!
    Grass is perfect for its intention my daughters kick around area iy was just pebbles before and does not get much light in the winter months so proper grass would be a swamp only just laid waiting for it to dry out before filling in with kiln sand!
    Wrynose and Hardnott this afternoon and having a camp so should give me a good idea on what it can handle

woodster

That’s rather smart! I’d be interested to see what it’s like to ride something like that off road.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Where did you get the astro turf from and what make is it? Thinking about doing the same in my back garden

jonnyboi

No one has mentioned the dropper I am shocked!!

I was then realised it look like it has the lever under the seat, so…. meh

If you used the internal routing and tried to set a remote lever up on the bars you might have piqued my interest 😉

jobro
    Free Member

If you can get some WTB Resolutes then that’ll go like a bomb off road. A nice looking bike and a good price too.

jobro
    Free Member

If you can get some WTB Resolutes then that’ll go like a bomb off road. A nice looking bike and a good price too.

jobro
    Free Member

Does the top tube bag rub your thighs in that position?

jobro
    Free Member

If you can get some WTB Resolutes on that it’ll go like a bomb off road.
    Nice bike and a great price,.
    Doesn’t that bag rub your thighs placed there?

jobro
    Free Member

If you can get some WTB Resolutes on that it’ll go like a bomb off road.
    Nice bike and a great price,.
    Doesn’t that bag rub your thighs placed there? I thought the point of top tube bags is that you can rummage around for things on the go. How do you get on with it there?

jobro
    Free Member

If you can get hold of some WTB Resolutes it’ll go like a bomb off road.
    Nice bike and a great price.
    How do you get on with the top tube bag there? Aren’t they placed by the stem so you can rummage around on the go, and doesn’t it rub on your thighs?

belugabob
    Free Member

I kind of like it – but I have just started recording as many episodes of M*A*S*H as possible, so that might explain it.

I might also pinch your idea for mounting the Alpkit bag on the seattube instead of the headtube…

Depends on how mahoosive your thighs are…

If it only has one blade, does that make it a knife?

That would be funny if it wasn’t for the fact that forks have ‘tines’, not ‘blades’

mattsccm
    Free Member

I’d have one tomorrow.
    Then remove those horrid decals which spoil a nice frame colour.

thepurist

Don’t know if you’ve heard, but some WTB Resolutes would make it go like a bomb off road.

bazwadah
    Free Member

Nice! That explains why you were selling the Singular – does this mean you have reach the “one bike in, one bike out” limit?

retro83
    Free Member

Like the bike, grass needs hoovering though

rOcKeTdOg

Has anyone tried WTB Resolutes?

TomB

It’d go like a bomb if he fitted some….

Rubber_Buccaneer

Meh

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘New bike time the haterz are going to hate!’ is closed to new replies.