Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New bike build pics
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Well, after some delay, I got the Scandal built up using my full sus as donor…

From all the colours of the rainbow (well a Ral chart anyhow), I chose to have the Scandal powder coated in white as there are not many white On Ones about eh!! Pics dont really do the finsh justice though as its got a silver metal flake finish to it, just need to get the new graphics sorted.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think it needs more blue anodised detailing, you've been a bit subtle. 😉

tinsy
    Free Member

Yeah, anyone got some blue caps to swap for my gold ones on them brakes? 🙂

z1ppy

I like that, very tidy, though I am being slowly drawn toward replacing my inbred with a scandal…

Don't forget some chainring bolts…
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/LargeImage.aspx?ModelID=19227&FileName=19227-2.jpg

saladdodger
    Free Member

Nice set up bit like my 456 with the sc 32's

question ( not a critisism) for you is there any neeed for the cable oilers on full length outers?

tails
    Free Member

i would change them brake bits to blue and then change the cables to blue like on the new giant downhill bike. sparkly paint job is pukka. oh and surround her with a field of mines.

tinsy
    Free Member

tails your right there, this is living indoors until the new (secure) shed is finished and the lock rings are set into the concrete!

Dunno if the oilers are overkill, right enough full length outers stay smooth for ages, but the oilers cant hurt.

Looking forward to getting the custom graphics (in blue obviously) on there.

jim_1980
    Free Member

Looking good tinsy hope to see it next week when i pop round.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Having my new Roadrat frame powdercoated at the moment. Was sooooooooo close to getting the same colour as yours. Looks good

aphex_2k
    Free Member

What size rotors are you using? They look huge!

Thomson stem/post?

Lovely build.

tinsy
    Free Member

they are huge… 200 and a 180, ideal for pootling through the local woods 🙂 all the stuff came off my full sus that was built to do just about anything so its pretty tried and tested most of it, just a few new bits that wasnt a direct swap.

Thompson stem but a USE alien post off the classifieds.

Just about to go for the first off road ride in a bit.

jim_1980
    Free Member

so how was the first off road ride tinsy?

samuri
    Free Member

looks good but I'd put some frame protecting tape where those brake cables go round the head tube.

tinsy
    Free Member

Hello Jimbo… great just a little fettling of the front mech, rides nice, seems to climb really well, shame I felt a bit ropey, not been out much or at all for a couple of weeks. Need to get another ride or two in before Mud Sweat and Gears. 🙂

Your right there Samurai, but last night I had to take it on a train in rush hour, had 2 manky Dahon folding bikes lent on it… I need a winter/commuter hack 😥

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

pump mounted to catch the mud coming off the front wheel. FAIL!

Adders69
    Free Member

I suppose Crank Brothers Cobalt wheels might add a bit too much blue!?!

tinsy
    Free Member

It was as dry as a bone around my loop last night, as soon as it gets sticky, pump will be in a plastic bag, the mudgaurd and crudgaurd will be on, and the saddle pack will be back on tonight.

Cobalt wheels would add too much ££££ to it!! (I guess you cant see the blue hope hubs too well in those pics)

Not a very good pic..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New bike build pics’ is closed to new replies.