Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • new bike build from old stuff laying about. but what 3 things are oddball?
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Wwaswas I can see it now you told me, I’m going to have to fire up the laptop so I can see the photos better… Unless someone puts me out my misery

tails
    Free Member

Also is the cable routing under the BB been done in a special way??

martinxyz
    Free Member

:::wakes up::

yeah some of you got it. the xtr mech is ss.

3)..

meehaja
    Free Member

Put me out of my misery man!

martinxyz
    Free Member

oh ok!

dura ace 10 speed chain on the 9 speed cassette.. a bit oddball.
    xtr ss mech.. something you cant buy.
    29er fork on the 26″ frame.. another oddball mix.

The fork on it to begin with was a pike that i enjoyed at 130-140mm.I liked the stiffness but i didnt like the amount of travel.It was the length i craved. The fork i would have liked would be around 80mm with the same axle to crown length as the pike but this 100mm version will have to do.I dont like 130mm+ travel on hardtails.Ive been enjoying the extra top tube length/short stem of the other bike i have thats a large,not a medium.same chainstay length but a bit longer up front from the medium version feels good on certain things.. especially steeper stuff.The 29er fork is placing the wheel out front a little bit more so i cant wait to see how it all feels on the marin.

there is a dustcap missing, the headset is a bit oddball too as its a mixture of canecreeks with a stack height thats a bit more than normal.

the high roller in the mud was a bit of a nightmare so thats coming off.The bars need trimmed down a bit and a mud tyre up front is going on in the next 20 mins. I cant brake up front so a tyre that can steer me out of ruts will be a big help.I dont know if rear only braking will help me or teach me anything on corners regarding lines and how to get out of sticky situations in mud etc.. i might go up the mast in Inverness soon to try it out on the descents.I will report back on how right or wrong it feels to go offroad on something like a big bmx.it could end in tears with one brake.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘new bike build from old stuff laying about. but what 3 things are oddball?’ is closed to new replies.