Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Bike
  • tomcat
    Free Member

Salsa El Mariachi 29er Rigid – got first shakedown today after build completion in the week. All ready for summer now but I think it’s going to suit the winter night rides well based on the standard of today’s weather….!

MrTall
    Free Member

Looks nice, welcome to the Salsa family (Fargo & Big mama here). What size frame is that? 20″?

Like the white wheels. Enjoy. 🙂

tomcat
    Free Member

XL, 22″ or “gate” – some call me whippet, some call me pipe cleaner man….

MrTall
    Free Member

“gate” – i call that man sized.

My Big Mama is a 22″ and my Fargo is a 24″ – love them both.

I think 29ers look best in the biggest sizes, 21″+ frames on 26″ bikes look most gate-like. I also think 15/16″ 29ers look wrong as well.

charliedontsurf

Damned nice… it really good to see what happens to the frames we sell.

Simon in the shop is about to build one up. That will be his second salsa in as many months.

If you include our demo bikes, I have had two new salsa’s in two weeks.

And hey… dont those hubs sounds lovely…

matt_outandabout

oooh, luverly.

How do you find the Exiwolfs?

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Beware them rims are like butter bud.
    Had a wheelset 26 inch tho ages ago read the reviews
    Thought yeah i’ll buy them for a dollar,1st few rides dinged them ,bucked and spokes worked loose 24-7 think there over priced too.
    Live & learn mate i did..
    Might be ok on 29 ers tho…… 😥

charliedontsurf

the rims seem oK now… we have sold a shed load of these all mountain rims this winter and not had a single issue.
    Maybe they had a bad patch… but honestly all the american classic stuff now is just great.

tomcat
    Free Member

Matt – Only one ride so far on the Exiwolf’s: bit of wet tarmac, fire road and loose/sandy trial – seemed a good all rounder to be honest, not too much drag, grip fine (no roots yesterday), and didn’t pack with mud – they seemed to shed well. They are either great, or for £20 the pair vgc off ebay, I’m generous!

Jonny Vegas – reviews I read seemed ok and I’m quite a light rider so we’ll see! Price on the day and overall look swung it over something like a Hope/719 equivalent combo like on my Meta.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Bike’ is closed to new replies.