Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • nicko74

Pig was on C4 fairly recently – worth a watch definitely, and I think regarded as the best Nicolas Cage film of the dozen or so he did that year. But yeah, if you go in expecting something like Color Out of Space you might be disappointed! :D

desperatebicycle

Just had the email from Amazon Prime. Not only do they charge extra for decent films, but now they’re going to have adverts.
    Think I’ll drop it til the next series of The Boys or Gen V comes around

timmys

but now they’re going to have adverts.

Unless you pay £2.99 extra.

desperatebicycle

Exactly. I’ve cancelled it

longdog
    Free Member

We’re keeping it as it’s worth it to us for the Prime benefits we get other than video.

A few ads isn’t the end of the world for me. After all most of us have put up with TV ads for our lives and paid for it too, though obviously TV licence is a whole other debate…

flyingpotatoes

Hit Monkey on Disney.

Violent animated series so don’t let kids watch it

sirromj

After all most of us have put up with TV ads for our lives and paid for it too

But then they’ve gone and sneakily given us a taster of life without adverts – a glimpse of the good life, for free – before taking it away again.

Klunk
    Free Member

I enjoyed Saltburn; gorgeous cinematography and well cast with some great performances, Barry Keogh superb as usual.

It was shot @ a house (Drayton House) along my long ride into Rockingham forest. the Owners are proper nimbys (getting right of ways closed). though there is a footpath that goes right past the house and through the grounds… It’s got an amazing wall of mason bees.

desperatebicycle

Society of The Snow is on Netflix now. Man, it’s intense.

honeybadgerx

Just picked up a 1 month Disney freebie and now ploughing through The Bear – really enjoying it!

binners

We just started watching Fool Me Once on Netflix

Dear god…. Half an hour in and this is the worst load of old cobblers I’ve ever seen

Comically awful on just about every level. Laughably bad

fingerbang
    Free Member

Society of The Snow is on Netflix now. Man, it’s intense.

Just listened to a podcast series on Uruguayan rugby team Andes crash so can’t wait for this

captain_bastard
    Free Member

I lasted 10 minutes, only because I thought I’d give it the benefit of the doubt

rone

Harlan Coben’s stuff normally fluffs it at the end – at least this is at the beginning.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Loudermilk on Netflix is very enjoyable.

The titular star looks like Neil morrisey from ‘men behaving badly’.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Dear god…. Half an hour in and this is the worst load of old cobblers I’ve ever seen

We’ve been watching it. Not sure I would describe it as that bad. We thought it was quite watchable although I would agree that Michelle Keegan is not exactly the most convincing in her role. Seen plenty of other things that are much worse.

Also enjoying the new Reacher. I think it’s better than the first series and is entertaining. In both cases they are adaptations of books that are just stories. So, seeing it as light entertainment – it works for us.

desperatebicycle

Harlan Coben’s stuff normally fluffs it…

Oh gawd, on a colleague’s recommendation, we sat through ‘The Stranger’ over xmas.. oh my god, what a convoluted pile of trash. Enough plotholes and stupid occurrences along the way, then the end is completely laughable. Won’t be bothering with any more of Coben’s writings.

It got very dusty in my house at the end of Society of the Snow. Long time since a film has given me such an emotional response. I thought I’d a bit died inside :lol: Only downside was I wished I’d seen it on a big screen.

binners

I’ve just seen one reviewer describe Fool Me Once as ‘Hollyoaks meets The Bill’ 😂

choppersquad
    Free Member

Brendan out of Hollyoaks is in it….who’s in it from The Bill?
    I’m actually quite enjoying it in a ‘brain out of gear’ kind of way.
    It’s not that bad. At least it’s something me and Mrs Squad can sit and watch together.

argee

Watched Fool me once, it’s the usual Coben stuff, he, or whoever directs, seems to think the UK is a mix of the US and what the UK actually is, it’s brain off stuff to be fair, easy to watch, but don’t pick apart any of the plot, or weird style of life they seem to portray in them, and for this one, forget the whole military stuff for accuracy 🤣 

sirromj

‘Hollyoaks meets The Bill’

Jeeezus… oh wait..

Fat-boy-fat

The Brothers Sun on Netflix. Enjoyable schlock-suey tosh.

toby1

Harlan Coben writes crap one-dimensional characters. My wife wants to watch this, I’m with binners on it being total bilge.

Klunk
    Free Member

Fargo, just wow, the toxic walk !

Klunk
    Free Member

desperatebicycle

Fargo is the best 😀

somafunk

Managed 15 mins of saltburn as felix is a walking talking identical avatar of a mate, even down to his mannerisms and vocal tone when talking to folk, kinda creepy to see the similarities on the screen. 

martinhutch

This series of Fargo is almost as good as the first one, which is high praise.

gauss1777
    Free Member

This series of Fargo is almost as good as the first one, which is high praise.

Agreed. Watched the first 3 episodes last night and didn’t want to go to bed – very tempted to watch the whole thing through!

fingerbang
    Free Member

Fargo’s been great. Although I watched a clip of Jon Hamm pretending to be Larry David for some light relief afterwards

vazaha

To somewhat less of a fanfare that one would personally have thought reasonable, Season 4 of What We Do In The Shadows is right there, on the iPlayer, in its entirety.

timmys

…and Season 5 is on Disney+.

vazaha

… and some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers.

cat69uk
    Free Member

Fargo absolutely immense, best watch in quite a long time.

crazy-legs

I’ve found it riveting! Loving it. Two more episodes to go….

I does seem to have some quite divisive reviews though.

desperatebicycle

Gave Saltburn a watch last night (girlfriend’s Prime, cos I cancelled :P ) – Really enjoyed it. Laughed out loud through a lot of the early scenes at Saltburn, especially Richard E Grant. Loved how it got darker… maybe could’ve got even darker, but that seems to be Emerald thingy’s way, just a certain shade of darkness without getting too black.

lovewookie

binged fool me once over the weekend. I thought it not bad, but I am very easily pleased.Mrs wookie liked it, though she does half watch things while scrolling, so it helps to not have missable content.

She’s enjoying Reacher too. I rewatched S1 with her then straight into S2, though she gets a bit bored by lots of fighting and car chases, but likes Alan Ritchson and the characters straight talking.

Watched One Night on prime, that was good in a rainy holiday afternoon way.

Jerry and Marge go large, also entertaining.

we also watched Silent Night. I liked it, though the overall concept is a bit heavy going and we needed to flush our heads out with candy cane lane….

revs1972
    Free Member

Fargo absolutely immense, best watch in quite a long time.

Agreed,
    Apart from I was enjoying binge watching it until I ran out of episodes….looks like I started it too early :)

rone

Saltburn on course to be one of those cult-favourites in my opinion.

Slow burned its way into the public consciousness.  Way to go Sophie Ellis-Bextor – who cleared the song for use because of the nudity!

ready

We watched Saltburn over the weekend.  The weird moments are……….very weird, but an entertaining film nonetheless.  Beautifully shot with some excellent performances.  Would recommend.

Also watched Nomadland last night.  It’s interesting, but not sure I could recommend.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.