Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,441 through 3,480 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • desperatebicycle

its left the door wide open for a part two

Nah, that was The End. I wouldn’t bother watching a part 2, it’d be made just to get a franchise going (and be shit).

ocrider

I quite enjoyed it. The girl had her happy ending, although it would’ve been better if she had locked everyone out to watch the telly.

Sequel? No thank you, the story concluded.

Klunk
    Free Member

Oh come on, cheer up. He was an absolute Prick!

One of Gary Oldmans finest :D

yosemitepaul

I have to say how amazed I am that people have so much time to watch T.V.. I must be doing something wrong with my life!
    By the time we come in from work and chat about our day, cook supper, we settle down and watch C4 News. I don’t know if anyone has ever seen it, but it’s amazing. I thoroughly recommend it! It’s on every night and you never see the same episode twice!!
    Perhaps then we may watch something simple; currently trying to get through Race Across the World which we’d not seen first time around. Again very good.
    Then at nine, maybe a Grand Designs or similar, or catch up on Masterchef or Bake Off.
    Notwithstanding all the other great terrestrial TV. Life On Earth, Gone Fishing, Question Time et al.
    We don’t have time to binge watch Netflix, Sky or Disney.
    All for the price of a TV licence. Pretty good value I’d say.

desperatebicycle

C4 News. I don’t know if anyone has ever seen it

Yeah, used to watch things like that, up to a couple of years ago, then it got too repetitive and miserable.
    You are actually my hero though. HTH.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

We don’t have time to binge watch Netflix, Sky or Disney

Errrr, so you’ve come onto a thread where people share recommendations for stuff to watch so you can feel superior about not watching stuff, and then reel off a list of the stuff you watch.  

the internet is a weird place sometimes 

rone

Then at nine, maybe a Grand Designs or similar, or catch up on Masterchef or Bake Off.

You’re listing exactly the reasons I don’t watch Terrestrial TV any longer.

It’s like ‘in-law’ hell TV.

martinhutch

I remember the good old days of the BBC Light Programme. I can’t understand why anyone would need any more.

fasthaggis

If you want to watch some old stuff,the Geminids are flying past just now.
    #ProperTerrestrialViewing

kilo

Started Scrublands on the BBC iplayer. The book was good so hopefully this will live up to it.

DrJ

Question Time

Don’t you have a test card to watch?

DrJ

Just started A Nearly Normal Family on Netflix. Scandi (Swedish) drama with nice interior design. Quite enjoying it so far.

ocrider

We watched the first available episodes of the new Reacher series. Enjoyable as was the Killing Floor series

nicko74

I finally got to The Gold (BBC), watched the first couple of episodes, and it’s very good. About the Brinks Mat robbery in 1983, and (inappropriate cars aside) it’s very watchable and quite interesting.

bensales
    Free Member

Last few episodes of The Crown. You only need to watch the last one. That’s all this season needed to be.

teenrat

I enjoyed leave the world behind. I felt it included enough to set the scene but left enough out to get the grey matter going.

For me it didn’t feel far fetched (although there were some ‘eh’ moments), but instead highlighted how susceptable the world is based on the direction it’s currently going. The tesla scene got me thinking ‘could this actually happen’?

franksinatra

I have to say how amazed I am that people have so much time to watch T.V.. I must be doing something wrong with my life!

Some people really should read what they have written before posting it on the internet.

You say you don’t have time to watch tele. You then say that the reason you are too busy to watch tele is because you are watching loads of tele, C4 News, Race Across the World, Grand Designs, MasterChef, Bake Off, Life On Earth, Gone Fishing and Question Time

wordnumb
    Free Member

You then say that the reason you are too busy to watch tele is because you are watching loads of tele, C4 News, Race Across the World, Grand Designs, MasterChef, Bake Off, Life On Earth, Gone Fishing and Question Time

Does raise the possibility of combining a few of these to save people viewing time. No reason they can’t Question Time whilst Fishing or MasterChef some of the more exotic Life on Earth. People are time-poor, project manage your Grand Design whilst Racing Across the World and we’ll watch.

dyna-ti

Started watching 1670, which is a polish comedy set in the 17th century.

I love these kind of comedies, as its a bit of an inlook towards the cultural anthropology of another country using humour.

sirromj

One of Gary Oldmans finest

Why apple tv you make me wait you **** y ****!

sirromj

I love these kind of comedies, as its a bit of an inlook towards the cultural anthropology of another country using humour.

fossy

Rebel Moon, scifi, netflix. Enjoyed it

JonnyC
    Free Member

One of Gary Oldman’s finest

No.  That would be Tiptoes. 😄
    https://youtu.be/O3qGGk5ymQ4?si=ZjCeV6bSOnfiBag0

llama

Finished Woman of the Dead the other week. Murder/revenge/conspiracy mystery. I liked it. Worth it for the alpine scenery alone. (German with subtitles).

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Just caught up with ‘Rebel Moon’.
    Very enjoyable.
    Great to see Bison’s reprise:

Meanwhile on Disney+, ‘A murder at the end of the world’ wrapped up nicely.

Shades of Leslie Nielsen’s ‘Forbidden Planet’?
    You decide…

nickc

I have to say how amazed I am that people have so much time to watch T.V.

We don´t, which is why, in a world that has a billion and one channels, people are kind enough to suggest things so we can all go and watch them, or say when things are shite, so we can avoid them, so we have time for the stuff that´s worth our time.

Klunk
    Free Member

Zack Snyder’s Star Wars is just a bit mleh! :?

ocrider

A bit like most of his work then; all style and very little substance. The guy puts more energy into sound effects and lense flare in post production than anything else throughout the entire film making process !

I’ll still watch it though, just to see how much of a car crash it is.

Houns

Obliterated. It’s a cross between Hangover and 24, with a pinch of Dude where’s my car. Utterly ridiculous but my inner 14 y/o loved it. 

ossify

Watched Blue Eye Samurai after the recommendation on here and that was good.

Just finished Arcane now, amazing. Animated stuff is so good nowadays. Blown away by this, loved it. Really sad how some of the characters turned out.

Apparently it’s based on the League of Legends game but you don’t need to know the first thing about it to enjoy the series.

Mintyjim

Agree with Houns. Really enjoyed Obliterated, kept me sane during two weeks in China!

Leave the world behind was pretty entertaining too.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I watched Saltburn and it was entertaining enough at the time but actually found it pretty vacuous (vacant?) in hindsight. So much so I don’t know what it was trying to say other than here’s some dodgy scenes that might shock or titillate you

I wasn’t a fan of the ending.. it’s hard to avoid spoilers is this why Peter Bradshaw always gives it away in his reviews?

Poopscoop

I might have mentioned this but A Boy and His Dog is on Prime currently.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0072730/

A very young Don Johnson (1975 film) in a Mad Max/ Fallout 3/ Stepford Wife’s/ Westworld sort of apocalyptic future.

It’s definitely worth watching at least once in your life. Be warned, it had feminists in uproar at the time and they were probably right to be.

Dog lovers are probably ok though…

jwt
    Free Member

‘A boy and his dog’ – Based on a short story by Harlan Ellison.
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7415.Harlan_Ellison

I remember it as being somewhat brutal…………

martinhutch

Be warned, it had feminists in uproar at the time and they were probably right to be.

In 1975? Must be pretty awful, going by what was deemed OK in 1970s cinema generally.

binners

I watched Saltburn and it was entertaining enough at the time but actually found it pretty vacuous (vacant?) in hindsight

Wasn’t that part of the point? A comment on the vacuous existence of these kinds of people, in an almost JG Ballard way?

I wasn’t expecting that much from it as it’s not the kind of thing I’d usually watch, but ended up really enjoying it. There are some very darkly funny parts. It’s well worth a watch

Poopscoop

martinhutch

In 1975? Must be pretty awful, going by what was deemed OK in 1970s cinema generally.

In all honesty, far more modern films have been far worse imo. The film does portray women, in general, as having an agenda furthered by using sex as a tool. That and a “certain event” in the film have earned it, its reputation.

It’s still worth a watch imo. The Mad Max movies are said to have been influenced by the film and it has a pretty surreal and gritty feel to it that some 70’s films were really good at.

I’ve always liked it but also feel obliged to issue the disclaimer I made in my other post.

Poopscoop

Well, I tried giving Rebel Planet a go but I binned it about half way in. Just so utterly derivative. I rarely turn a movie off but hit my limit with this one.

rone

‘Enjoyed’ Saltburn – it had enough dark twists to keep me involved.

The cinematography was gorgeous – 4:3 aspect 35mm film with super high contrast, vivid colour and crushed shadows.

Has a real feel to it.

I think the story had a ‘talented Mr Ripley” element to it – but twisted it all around a bit to make it more interesting.

Great use of music and kudos to the cast for giving it all in some pretty twisted scenes.

Rosamund Pike is so good.

Check the Director’s previous film ‘Promising Young Woman’ – which I think is even better.

timmys

Watched Saltburn last night and bloody loved it. Had to check Prime wasn’t playing silly buggers when it popped up in 4:3. Tongue (slightly) in cheek comment incoming; don’t bother watching it if you have a crappy non-OLED TV, it’s one to save till you are not watching in not-actually-black-murk-o-vision.

Also finished Slow Horses in the last couple of days – amazing and good to see the next series is in the can judging by the trailer included at the end of the last episode.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,441 through 3,480 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.