Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • misteralz
    Free Member

Currently two episodes from the end of Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life. The first two episodes are pretty much frame for frame from the comic, then it veers off massively. Still really enjoyable.

chakaping

Get Gotti on Netflix is a very decent three-part mob doc.

Finished Lupin at the weekend, very enjoyable and they kept the quality up throughout.

Gilles

am i the first to mention Sex Education? absolutely great – Gillian Anderson is just perfect. Great for spotting bit of cwmcarn and trails around the Wye valley.

The Killer was not that great – irritating voice over and nothing really new.

misteralz
    Free Member

You’re definitely not the first to recommend Sex Education, unless you’re recommending the fourth series, in which case I suspect you’re the first human to do so.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I enjoyed the final series.  It does go one series too far, but I still enjoyed it enough to watch it. 

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’m still going on good girls although it’s typical of so much stuff,  at least a season over stretched. 

johndoh
    Free Member

I am looking forward to the Squid Game: The Challenge (it starts tomorrow) – it’s getting some really good reviews.

chakaping

I’m still going on good girls although it’s typical of so much stuff, at least a season over stretched.

Christina Hendricks kept me watching for longer than I otherwise would, but it was getting so repetitive and annoying by S2 or 3 that I had to bail.

woody2000

Been recommended before I think, but Fall of the house of usher was really good. All the characters were superb 👌

sc-xc

I’m still going on good girls although it’s typical of so much stuff,  at least a season over stretched. 

Absolutely. I really enjoyed it up until the last series, and then it just kind of finished!

crazy-legs

Don’t give up, Bodies gets very good and there’s twists all the way to the very very end of the final episode, post credits.

I had a long pause after Episode 3 before returning to it. It’s OK but all the time travel stuff messed with my head a bit.

Alex

Third series of Lupin – I keep thinking he’d make a fab Bond :)

And the Bear – yes I know we’re a year late, but ohmyword it’s brilliant. I have a hankering for a beef sandwich and a lie down in a dark room.  Shall finish off series 1 later and then onto the new ones. I’m fully expecting S1 to end with Carmy staggering out of a burning restaurant, with Richie close behind looking guilty!

Oh and Humans. That’s good as well. We’ve parked it for a bit tho as we’re binging other stuff.

Alex

On my daughters recommendation we watched Locke and co. Shame they aren’t going to make a second series. Apparently follows the books quite closely.

longdog
    Free Member

Just started watching Squid Game, the challenge, ink capsules going off when they’re caught, rather than actually being shot oddly enough 🙄.

Could be a fun watch watching some annoying folk get cut down 🤣

thols2

Fall of the house of usher was really good

I’ve never been into gothic stuff, never really like Poe, but I’m enjoying this show.

Klunk
    Free Member

New season of Fargo, with the lass from Ted Lasso :)

wordnumb
    Free Member

Cool.

rone

Loved the Killer. Fincher on fine minimalist form.

Great cinematography and editing.

timmys

Excited to see that Slow Horses is back this Wednesday.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Had optimistic hopes for The Killer. Was deeply disappointed. Could have been so much better but ended up being something both myself and Mrs BC struggled to stay awake through.

I did enjoy the first of The Continental series though. Mrs BC not so keen so have yet to watch the other two episodes.

We thought The Burial was an enjoyable enough film to watch and also A million miles away. Neither are world shattering films but they were entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

johnx2
    Free Member

Third series of Lupin – I keep thinking he’d make a fab Bond 🙂

“The name’s Beureghnd…”

Fargo’s off to a fantastic start straight from the gate

fasthaggis

Is Fargo5 streaming on Prime?
    Couldn’t see it after a quick search last night.

chakaping

Did anyone mention Boat Story on iPlayer?

Excellent comedy drama about a boatload of coke washing up in East Yorks(?).

Really enjoyed the first two eps anyway.

Klunk
    Free Member

was on Prime wednesday (Fargo). didn’t recongise the lad from stranger things as a wrong un! :D the Wagatha from Lasso is fantastic!

fasthaggis

Thanks Klunk,will do a better search tonight 👍

toby1

I have a hankering for a beef sandwich

I’ve put in a request for a Berf t-shirt for christmas, it’ll make sense when you get there (s2 I think). Great show though.

Massively late, but through recommendations from others I’ve got into Only sunny in Philidelphia recently, I’m still not sure I appreciate it though.

oldtennisshoes

I had a long pause after Episode 3 before returning to it. It’s OK but all the time travel stuff messed with my head a bit.

Indeed, it’s turning into a bit of an endurance trial. Not Stephen Graham playing Stephen Graham, so not at his best either.

fingerbang
    Free Member

So Fargo is on Amazon Prime?  I’ll have a look

hopefully a return to form – seasons 1 & 2 were amazing, 3 less so and then 4 – promised a lot due to the period setting etc but all i remember is the fat italian guy actually chewing the scenery with his overacting

spacemonkey

Re Bodies, the missus and I took our time digesting it over a few days. From E4, we started pausing to chat through our interpretation of what was happening and how various threads were starting to link up. Sometimes we were right, sometimes not. Worth watching through to the end though. The MIL was so taken with it on first viewing that she rewatched the whole thing straight after to look out for all the bits of foreshadowing. Normally she works out whodunnits etc very early on, but this one had her baffled.

Kryton57

So if I have all day tomorrow alone to watch TV, Lupin would be a good shout?

DrJ

Loved the Killer. Fincher on fine minimalist form.

Minimalist in terms of plot, certainly.

Two more ways to pass a c0uple of hours while checking up on your Facebook or whatever:

“Locked In” – highly improbable story about a highly improbable domestic situation.

“355” – even more improbable “secret agents” drama with Charlie’s Angels flavour. Still, Diane Kruger, eh?

natrix
    Free Member

Lupin would be a good shout

Yes, can definitely recomend it.

Does anybody know of anything similar??

leffeboy

squid game the challenge is excellent.  They’ve done a really good job at twisting everything in ways you don’t quite expect

revs1972
    Free Member

Player 299 … if you keep making that noise I’ll bloody shoot you myself

nicko74

Good shout on Fargo! Just finished Bosch: Legacy S2, which did get better as things progressed. Wrapped up Happy Valley which really is an excellent piece of TV all round and made me very homesick for Yorkshire.
    Enjoying Shetland, but can’t stand having to wait a week for each episode – what’s that about?!

Slow Horses S3 starts Friday, and if it’s following the third book it should be cracking.
    Beyond that, I see Kin’s on BBC now; it was on RTE for a while and got solid reviews. Funny to see Aiden Gillen’s in it, as he was with Love/ Hate (the other Irish gangster show).
    Anyone watched Dark Winds? It got a decent review in the Guardian, sounded worth checking out

thols2

Anyone watched Dark Winds?

I enjoyed it. It’s a popcorn cop show, set on a Native American reservation. Excellent cast.

Gilles

Netflix, Cold Pursuit – dead funny – literally – including the movie credits

fasthaggis

Cold Pursuit

Just shows you that some plough drivers need to have a ‘special’ set of skills,and they will find you 😆
    Gave up long before the credits, but the parts I watched (on fast forward) managed to race through an impressive list of clichés and OTT stereotypes 👍 🤪

thols2

Cold Pursuit – dead funny – literally – including the movie credits

It’s really enjoyable switch your brain off and see some baddies get what they had coming stuff. Even sillier than John Wick, just as entertaining if you like that sort of thing.

fasthaggis

thols2
    I just kept feeling sorry for Liam,he looks like he’s getting too old for all this shit. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.