Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • Kuco

‘Who is Erin Carter’ is totally unbelievable and ridiculous but pop your brain out and go along with it and it’s worth a watch imo.

herring8
    Free Member

At home with the Furys – its so good

crazy-legs

Re ‘Who is Erin Carter’ If it wasn’t set somewhere sunny I might not have bothered. The wife and I watched it all and on balance enjoyed it but its a bit far fetched. That might bother you and make it unwatchable or you could elect to go with the flow and enjoy the scenary.

I stuck with it and from Episode 4 it does get much better although it also gets even more far-fetched.
    And naturally it finishes with the setup for a second series…

nickc

Big Vape- The rise and fall of Juul is an interesting watch.

It’s documentary about Juul, the vape company, and why a company that was set up to try to do the right thing ended so very badly.

chakaping

Watched John Wick 4 on Prime the other night (well, over two nights, as it’s three sodding hours long).

Anyway – it’s a bit too long, the plot is a load of guff and the punishment Keanu takes is ridiculous (even compared to the others), but it’s still good fun.

That’s probably enough of those now.

Klunk
    Free Member

makes me laugh every time he hides behind his suit lapels :)

fasthaggis

The Fall of the House of Usher.
    Watched the first one and feels like it might be a good collection.

ossify

Just finished John Wick.

Daredevil is a pretty good shot. Hitting everyone right between the eyes all while staring off to space. Love the little pokes he gives everyone with that swordstick.

Remind me never to try crossing the road at the Arc de Triomphe. Those French drivers really don’t stop for anything, do they!

Made me laugh when he flew out the 3rd floor window and bounced off that van. Must be his super suit that saved him. Kevlar is good stuff.

Wow those guys are good shots. They should apply to become stormtroopers with aim like that.

Seriously, ALL the way down the steps? This is getting stupid now. Wait what am I saying

*Sad puppy dog eyes* proper lol

President Snow looks like he’s enjoying himself now.

Jackets off, eh? I was wondering about that. Bullets shaking loose is a nice touch. I hope his tie is bullet-proof.

Really makes me wonder if they’re taking the mick out of themselves a bit sometimes. The fighting went from being intense to just being too much and me laughing at everything.

Brains out fun, anyway. Seriously, don’t bring your brain anywhere near this.

nickc

Started on Bodies last night on Netflix, adaption of the graphic novel of the same name, watched two eps so far and looks good enough to finish.

nicko74

Started on Bodies last night on Netflix, adaption of the graphic novel of the same name, watched two eps so far and looks good enough to finish.

Great reviews in the Guardian, so I figured I might take a look, along with Erin Carter and Fall of the House of Usher. Just finishing up Lupin, and ploughing through Happy Valley, both of which are absolutely top notch in different ways.
    I’ve also read a couple of things about Dark Winds, on UKTV Play? Sounds good.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

fasthaggisFull MemberThe Fall of the House of Usher.Watched the first one and feels like it might be a good collection.

5 episodes in, hooked from the start, which is a rarity. Just looked at reviews on line, seems I’m not alone

qwerty
    Free Member

Not finished it yet but Old Dad’s is very STW!

nicko74

A mate said the latest new Bosch is on Amazon Prime now. I’d heard somewhere it’d be released late October, so makes sense!
    I’ve just started on White Lotus S2; so far it’s much more studied and serious than S1. Still some laughs, but they feel a bit harder to come by…

weeksy

latest new Bosch is on Amazon Prime now

Excellent, thank you for that.

ready

Watched “They Cloned Tyrone” – a Netflix Original film at the weekend.  Very good – would recommend!

fasthaggis

Finished ‘The Fall of the House of Usher’ Most excellent, would recommend 👍

chakaping

Just started the new series of Lupin, and it’s as enjoyable as ever.

Prime currently has Gimme Danger, a Jim Jarmusch documentary about Iggy and The Stooges.

They’re one of my all-time fave bands, so I loved it. But well worth a watch if (like me) you just enjoy music docs generally.

Open to recommendations of more BTW.

iffoverload
    Free Member

Sound City by Dave Grohl? oldie but goodie, so cool he refurbed the old Neve. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_City_(film)

Beebs Classic Albums series another olden gem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Albums

Don’t think either are on Netf*ix..

fingerbang
    Free Member

@chakaping

Summer of soul is still on 4od

Dig! Probably on somewhere

It’s on YouTube but trash theory’s madchester doc is really well produced and enjoyable even if you know the story inside out:

fingerbang
    Free Member

Re music docs. On youTube again (won’t post the link again as it annoys people) but watched ‘my fleeting house’ Tim Buckley bio recently. Recommended

The one on Betty Davis on BBC4 recently is well worth watching. Probably on iplayer

crazy-legs

Started on Bodies last night on Netflix, adaption of the graphic novel of the same name, watched two eps so far and looks good enough to finish

It stumbles a bit in Ep 3 and I’ve not got further than that as yet. I think for me, the dystopian future part of it feels a bit “Demolition Man” style but without the knowing winks.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’m on bodies too, three episodes in. I like how they show it’s the future by giving everyone stupid haircuts, a la Fifth Element. If you want to hear Stephen graham talk in a plummy accent then tune in.

I almost gave up after the opening scene with a far right ‘riot’ with about five people init. But actually that’s true to life. It’s enjoyable bunkum

Kryton57

Don’t give up, Bodies gets very good and there’s twists all the way to the very very end of the final episode, post credits.

timmys

Re. Music Docs – the Edgar Wright Sparks one was great. Still need to get round to watching Cobain: Montage of Heck.

desperatebicycle

I’ve also read a couple of things about Dark Winds, on UKTV Play? Sounds good

Is good. Very much an American version of Mystery Road.

somafunk

Plane – Gerald Butler exactly what you’d expect of movie about a plane piloted by Gerald Butler, not great but not bad either. Popcorn ‘n beers Friday night film. 

oldnpastit

Just started Strong Girl Nam Soon about the eponymous Nam Soon. She has inherited super powers from her mother, but at the age of five (i.e. four), her father carelessly loses her in Mongolia (let’s be honest, who hasn’t done this?). She is brought up by Mongolian shepherds.

fifteen years later she heads back to Korea to find her parents. Despite being a superhero with super strength, super fast running, super vision and super everything else, all is not plain sailing – on her very first day she gets ripped off by an AirBnB scammer. Fortunately she meets the dishy young policeman at Incheon airport. Spot his nice road bike in his flat overlooking the Han river.

Completely absurd, but so far is actually quite entertaining. Some digs at some current issues in Korea (not everything is rosy in k-drama land), as well as making fun of foreigners who can’t get to grips with honorifics (i.e. all of them).

Kind of cool that the first two episodes have a load of scenes right on the cycle path on the Han river in Seoul.

I’m only on episode two, so I don’t know yet if it has a happy ending, or a sad ending.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m only on episode two, so I don’t know yet if it has a happy ending, or a sad ending.

Well considering the tie in already with Strong Girl Bong-Soon I’d say probably the former 🙃

I’m up to episode 6 and it is complete bollocks… but enjoyably so…🤪

I have been watching Doona (only one episode to go, suspect sad ending myself). And rewatching Our Beloved Summer. And have Abyss on the back burner. Struggling with Uncanny Counters though…🤷🏻‍♀️

As for sad endings, anything with Kim Tae-ri and Kim Min-Jung, it could be absolute shite and I’d still watch it. That it is (for the most part) so good makes it a pleasure (on 2nd rewatch, last episode left to go…).

Looking forward to Castaway Diva (which has just dropped) as Park Eun-bin is usually excellent (See Extraordinary Attorney Woo and Do you like Brahms?).

PS @oldnpastit thanks for you recent thread from Korea I enjoyed it, especially the old palace/hanbok photos 😊

timmys

Don’t give up, Bodies gets very good and there’s twists all the way to the very very end of the final episode, post credits.

I finished Bodies last night, and having read this I waited, and then searched, for anything after the credits and couldn’t find a thing. Are you sure there was a post-credit scene? 

nickc

Are you sure there was a post-credit scene? 

There isn’t no. 

DrP

I recently enjoyed Plane too..

Me and the missus just watched Old dads. Actually very funny..

DrP

Kryton57

Albeit Apple TV if you can get the free sub, but Invasion is bloody good so far, up to episode 3…

white101

Bodies was great really pleased we stuck with it

Klunk
    Free Member

New season of  Invicible.

sirromj

Recently got a Roku for our aging TV which came with a 3 month trial of Apple TV so will give Invasion a go, probably after Foundation.

Just done Wheel of Time, on Amazon Prime, ended up watching two near-hour-long episodes every night and consequentially stayed up too late every night his week. Fantasy/magic-powers not my usual thing (and I mostly steer clear of Marvel/DC) preferring sci-fi, but got quiet well into this.

Kuco

Just watched Nyad with Jodie Foster and Annette Bening based on long distance swimmer Diana Nyad and enjoyed it.

winston
    Free Member

Finally got round to watching No Way Home as it recently on Netflix rather than Disney due to some skullduggery 

Looking forward to it – gave up halfway through 

Fantastic idea – awful execution and I’m a massive spidy fan. 

What a waste of talent 

Kryton57

Me and the missus just watched Old dads. Actually very funny..

Watched that last expecting it be a comedy real life cliche but didn’t really get it.  A bit laddish, didn’t know where to laugh at times and then it merged into a poor version of the Hangover.  I’d be interested in a 3rd opinion, perhaps it’s a bit marmite. 

sc-xc

I’d be interested in a 3rd opinion

I thought it was poor, a vehicle for Bill Burr’s tedious monologues…

dozofoz
    Free Member

Old Dads had some funny gags but storyline was terrible (was there even one?). its like Bill Burr got it commissioned based on a stand up sketch and then was like – ahh sht need to make it movie length. 

Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.