Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,201 through 3,240 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • chakaping

Didn’t get through the first series of Succession.

Try it again when you’re feeling more resilient to watching horrible rich people being horrible to each other.

I aborted after a couple of episodes the first time, but loved it when I came back to it.

desperatebicycle

the new Luther film is on Netflix

Isn’t that the one that has had the piss ripped out of it for being a sub-James Bond try hard with a “take over the world mwuhaha!” baddie? Think I’ll give it a miss :D

crazy-legs

I’m back on Netflix (it’s free with Sky Glass) so I watched all of FUBAR, an Arnie comedy thing – it draws a lot on his previous films, especially True Lies. Enjoyable nonsense though.

Got quite into The Night Agent too – political spy/action thriller.

Houns

Tried the first ep of the Continental on Amazon today. Not only does it follow the current trends of having the dialogue so quiet you can’t hear it, you also can’t see it as it’s so dark. Gave up after 20 mins.

fasthaggis

Tried the first ep of the Continental on Amazon

Made it to the end,I thought it was a bit Meh.

Enjoyed ‘The Reptile’ (Netflix) more,Benicio del Toro is always watchable.

sc-xc

Gotta say, the Beckham doc is brilliant. Really well put together, loads of nostalgia and they both come across really well.

CheesybeanZ

Outlast, as survival shows go it seems VERY scripted. Normal mix of wannabes and attention seekers .

Kuco

I had no issues watching the Continental and really enjoyed it. The last episode was typical John Wick OTT it was great, especially the Hansel and Gretal characters.

plus-one

Another thumbs up for Reptile and Beckham 

fasthaggis

Gotta say, the Beckham doc is brilliant. Really well put together, loads of nostalgia and they both come across really well.

Yup.
    Not a massive footie fan,but Mrs FH had chosen to watch it.
    I know these things are very cleverly edited, but I thought it was very,very good.
    I had also forgotten how young he was starting off,and the way they were often treated by the (tabloid) press.

plus-one

Aye I wasn’t a Beckham fan ! But at 23 years old the negativity/abuse he handled was immense. I have a totally new found respect for the man. 

kilo

Just starting on Black Snow – on BBC iplayer. Australian murder mystery. Looks like it could be quite good.

I ended up watching the first three episodes in one hit and then had to sit through them again for Mrs Kilo to get up to speed – in the end we did five episodes in one hit!

Having now finished it I rate it as excellent.

leffeboy

I just watched the Christmas dinner episode. Utterly devastating, best episode of a tv show I’ve seen in years.

Just catching up on The Bear now.  Not really a fan of Jamie Lee Curtis but she was spectacular in that Christmas episode

oldtennisshoes

kilo
    Just starting on Black Snow – on BBC iplayer. Australian murder mystery. Looks like it could be quite good.

I ended up watching the first three episodes in one hit and then had to sit through them again for Mrs Kilo to get up to speed – in the end we did five episodes in one hit!

Having now finished it I rate it as excellent.

It was excellent, and can’t wait for Series 2 – I’m assuming focussed around his brother.

Kryton57

The murder mystery movie Reptile is very good.  I started it as casual viewing with low expectations after noticing it starred Justin Timberlake and then re-enthused by Benicio Del Toro playing the lead,  but actually it’s very good.
    I shall say no more….

weeksy

I gave it the first 15 mins and binned it.

dyna-ti

First episode of season 2 Loki.

Eh ??? I could hardly follow the storyline. It was everywhere.

colournoise

It was everywhere.

That’s the multiverse for you…

oomidamon

I watched ‘No One Will Save You’ last night, a very strange take on the typical alien invasion / abduction theme. Enjoyable if you don’t like a lot of dialogue.

ocrider

Another thumbs up for Reptile and Beckham

Give Victoria a break, she’s not so bad! 😉

I wasn’t expecting much, but it’s far better than most biog documentary things. What’s more, they both come across as refreshingly normal and thoroughly nice people.

iamtheresurrection

Anyone made their way through the new season of Sex Education yet? Watched the first ep and it hasn’t made me want to binge it

We nearly didn’t bother with Ep2, the first episode was awful. It definitely gets better, but a lot of the storylines around the new characters don’t land well.

There are two excellent episodes centred around the original four main characters which made the whole thing worth watching. Just.

uggski

Mr Inbetween if you like Australian shows. Think it’s on Disney now though

StuE
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Foundation on Apple TV is very good

myti
    Free Member

Plus one for Foundation. Just finished it and although it’s a little out there in it’s story line it’s the best properly epic sci fi I’ve seen since The expanse.

MSP

Tried the first ep of the Continental on Amazon today. Not only does it follow the current trends of having the dialogue so quiet you can’t hear it, you also can’t see it as it’s so dark. Gave up after 20 mins.

They do that to create a false intensity. You have to concentrate so much just to follow the dialogue and plot that it feels intense rather than having an actual plot driven intense film.

metalheart
    Free Member

As I’m Scottish and not a footie fan (I have 2 football tops: for Leila and Deyna C city WSL) I found the Beckham series enjoyable and interesting (I didn’t even know he played for Real, Inter or PSG… the whole vilification thing also passed me by although I did know he got sent off). It was obviously a fluffier but they both came across as decent/good/even normal-ish people…

I’m mostly still watching k-drama.

Favourites of late have been:

King The Land
    Doom at your service
    See you in my 19th life
    Summer Strike
    Song of the Bandits

I even finally managed to get around to watch Squid Games (Jung Hoyeon turned up in the NewJeans Cool With You MV’s and I really love those… so had to check it out).

As well as the Cool With You MV, I’ve also been loving the Ditto, OMG, ETA and Super Shy MV’s too (very arty/indie for k-pop). That Min Hee-Jin must be the mastermind behind them…

Flaperon

Another vote for Foundation.

Also I’ve just discovered the gem that is season 2 of Taskmaster New Zealand.

sirromj

Plus one for Foundation. Just finished it and although it’s a little out there in it’s story line it’s the best properly epic sci fi I’ve seen since The expanse.

Sounds good to me!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I had no issues watching the Continental and really enjoyed it.

Me too. I have no idea why the other posters found the dialogue indistinct and the picture too dark. Maybe recalibrate their systems.

chakaping

As others have said, new series of Top Boy is as good but grim as ever. Nice to see the lad from Banshees of Inisherrin in it too.

Watched 15 minutes of The Continental last night. Subtitles on as standard for me anyway, but it does have a gloomy aesthetic. Will continue anyway, looked promising.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

‘Mr. Mercedes’ on Disney+

Kryton57

The Continental last night

As with many of these US series, I find the first few episodes are good, and then extend to the dreary purpose of making series after series much watering down and lengthening the drama to the point you know the “end” is about four years away then I stop being interested.  

Klunk
    Free Member

yep US tv program makers have a pathological fear of closure.

CheesybeanZ

I gave it the first 15 mins and binned it.

We struggled on for about 45 minutes and gave up .

neilnevill
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the final series of sex education. Currently enjoying good girls for light fluffy entertainment but it’s either got to become darker and more breaking bad or it’ll become boring an repetitive I fear.

Untold,  several of these have been good, the untold: swamp kings and untold: rise and fall off AND1 are great.  Colin in black and white is also very good.

ransos
    Free Member

while I’m on a role I’m now having to make sure I don’t say “you feel me?” after each statement in a work call.

They nicked that from The Wire!

Sex Ed is getting better and the Beckham doc was surprisingly enjoyable. I also liked the TdF documentary from last year.

crazy-legs

Has anyone watched “Who Is Erin Carter?” ?

I’ve watched the first episode and I’m a bit undecided if it’s worth continuing…

djflexure

Re ‘Who is Erin Carter’ If it wasn’t set somewhere sunny I might not have bothered. The wife and I watched it all and on balance enjoyed it but its a bit far fetched. That might bother you and make it unwatchable or you could elect to go with the flow and enjoy the scenary.

nuke

John Wick 4 now included with Prime….nearly 3 hours of John doing John things

Alex

Thanks for Black Snow recommendation. We enjoyed that. Watched Dead-Loch on prime just before and that was great as well. What is it with these rural Australian murder mysteries?

Just watched the trailer for ‘bodies’ on netflix. Looks good, only going to be a single series (based on a graphic novel)

Viewing 40 posts - 3,201 through 3,240 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.