Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • misteralz
    Free Member

Finished One Piece last night. It was excellent, which is unusual for a live action version of an anime.

DrJ

Yep, Top Boy – only 3 more sleeps to wait. I’m excited but also a bit scared to watch!

johnx2
    Free Member

Yep, Top Boy – only 3 more sleeps to wait. I’m excited but also a bit scared to watch!

say less

scud
    Free Member

Anyone watching Warrior on Sky – just had third series, great if you love some kung fu action..

Really enjoyed For all mankind on Apple TV too, about what would of happened in Russia had first man on moon and the space race had continued at that pace.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We are three episodes into The Change on All 4, funny and slightly mad. Also watching the Wrexham doc in Disney+ which is very entertaining, the combination of two Hollywood types and the people of Wrexham is really interesting.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I also came here to recommend Who is Erin Carter? on Netflix

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Just finished Wolf. Didn’t rate it, TBH. The “big reveal” was telephoned in from episode one. The flashback plot for the detective was filler. Some amusing moments, but should have been done in 4 episodes… 5/10.

Dirk Gently. S1 – 8/10. S2, yeah, er, no, run out of tricks.

binners

I also came here to recommend Who is Erin Carter? on Netflix

It seems like an enjoyable bit of nonsense. What’s going on with the sound though? It looks like it’s been dubbed from English into English which gives this weird detached effect?

Watched the first two episodes of Top Boy last night. It’s excellent stuff! Good of them to throw another gang of complete psychopaths into proceedings, just in case there wasn’t enough mentalness going on.

Also that they’re carrying on highlighting the continued scandal of the ‘Windrush’ with that backstory too

eckinspain
    Free Member

<p style=”text-align: right;”>It seems like an enjoyable bit of nonsense. What’s going on with the sound though? It looks like it’s been dubbed from English into English which gives this weird detached effect?</p>

Weird, didn’t notice that when watching it.

Kryton57

I’be binged Top Boy.   No spoilers from me….

gordimhor

Just finished the latest series of Top Boy, thought it was very good.

binners

Just finished the final series. It didn’t disappoint. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish!

fasthaggis

For folk that haven’t seen it,Hell or High Water is on Netflix now.
    (I think) it’s very well done.

DrJ

Just finished the final series. It didn’t disappoint. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish!

yep. Went to a new level. Note how many people are saying “binged it” versus “watched the first episode”.

Mugboo

Another vote for the Arnie documentary here and This is Wrexham. Watched them with the wife and we both enjoyed them. Lightened the mood a bit, as so many of the things we watch are dark and violent, like Bull!

Didn’t get through the first series of Succession.

sc-xc

Yeah, we had the Top Boy marathon on Saturday. Absolutely fantastic as ever…

pisco

Wish I’d started watching Top Boy instead of Top Gun Maverick at the weekend (Paramount+ free Trial). I know you’re just supposed to turn your brain off and enjoy the ride, but I struggled to get past all the clichés.

Anyway, watched the first of the new Top Boy, and it has started with a bang! Can’t wait to see the rest…

nicko74

If you like Korean films, Channel 4 has a few at the moment. Watched The Man Standing Next last night, which is a historical drama about the assassination of the then dictator in 1979 – pretty interesting. And Deliver Us From Evil (the 2020 one) the night before, which is more conventional full-on Korean gangster/ action type stuff. Both pretty good, I thought

gobuchul
    Free Member

Just started on “This is Us” on Amazon.

It was recommended to me, I never would of bothered with it, the premise sounds terrible.

It is brilliant, I still haven’t finished Series 1 and there are 6 to get through.

w00dster

Erin Carter was terrible. I had to watch it as the missus wanted to watch….I don’t recall watching another series that was quite so bad.
    Wooden actors. Sub 60kg lady fighting special forces soldiers, injuries that would break bones, merely a scratch.
    I know we are supposed to take our brain out to watch these shows, but even so this was beyond what I could tolerate.

desperatebicycle

I can’t binge Top Boy, it would put me into a depressive state it’s so damn miserable. I watched the first one and I swear I saw someone actually smile in it though! so I will continue. :D

Someone recommended Reservation Dogs (Apple TV?) Looks great. Funny too. Might alternate between that and Top Boy.

johnx2
    Free Member

I can’t binge Top Boy,

it’s very good but yeah, it’s like they feel they have to do grim bits so it’s not just glorifying gangster lifestyle. Also sex lives of teenagers I could really do without. And while I’m on a role I’m now having to make sure I don’t say “you feel me?” after each statement in a work call. And my wife is frequently telling me to “say less”. So no change there.

thols2

I’m watching Tulsa King. Utterly ridiculous Sylvester Stallone series about a mafia capo who gets out of prison and gets sent to Tulsa to set up a new operation. Dumb popcorn entertainment. Stallone is entertaining when he doesn’t take himself seriously.

Jolsa

say less

Calm.

Not Netflix, but finally got a promo deal for a few months of Disney+ to watch The Old Man (Jeff Bridges). Rattled through it. Decent.

scud
    Free Member

Any one watched the german series on Netflix called Kleo? Thought it was hilarious and my kinda daft surreal sense of humour, about a trained assassin for East Germans set in the 80’s, so lots of bad haircuts and 80’s clothing and Trabants whizzing about, mix of Kill Bill and Nikita

johnx2
    Free Member

Any one watched the german series on Netflix called Kleo? 

Yeah  agree, fun. Forgotten about this, but we finished it and tend to abandon a lot of stuff.

Gilles

Well i like to watch Kleo with its original soundtrack and subtitles, but the sub keep adding description of the scene which really really stopped me watching it. I tried different setting but no luck. Don’t even suggest watching the dubbed version.

Klunk
    Free Member

enjoying One Piece, nice combination of Bonkers and Violence :)

djflexure

Found Minx recently (Guardian review) and its very good. Set in 70’s and describes journey to publish a Women’s magazine that mixes feminism with exposed male parts. Paramount Plus

Just come off Winning Time, also set in the 70’s, another great series. Now TV

franksinatra

Just started on “This is Us” on Amazon.

This is a superb series.

binners

Just watched the documentary’Ordinary Men’ on Netflix about the German police units who carried out the mass killings of Jews.

Absolutely harrowing and a very tough watch, as you’d expect, but it shows how normal everyday people, with no particular idealogical leanings can be coerced and socially conditioned into committing mass murder

‘The stooges on the ground’ as they are referred to. An excellent documentary that also takes the philosophy through to Vietnam and Rwanda

Truly terrifying!

Houns

Anyone made their way through the new season of Sex Education yet? Watched the first ep and it hasn’t made me want to binge it

oldnpastit

@gilles

Well i like to watch Kleo with its original soundtrack and subtitles, but the sub keep adding description of the scene

That sounds like you’ve got the audio descriptions subtitles turned on. It’s primarily for people with impaired vision.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_description

Sounds like a bug though. Could try a different player/TV.

kilo

Just starting on Black Snow – on BBC iplayer. Australian murder mystery. Looks like it could be quite good.

desperatebicycle

Started that yesterday, Black Snow. 1st one very good.

revs1972
    Free Member

Just watched The wonderful story of Henry Sugar.
    Strange, but very theatrical….it’s only 40 mins though so managed to stay engaged to the end

dyna-ti

The wonderful story of Henry Sugar.

Yeah it was good. Theres other Roald Dahl shorts in that series.

Rewatching ‘The Orville’. So funny(with added sifi, so whats not to like :D

cerrado-tu-ruido

The Bank Hacker on Channel 4.  A Belgian crime thriller, pretty good I thought.

misteralz
    Free Member

Yeah, that first episode of Sex Education was heavily into the realms of unwatchable. The completist in me wants to see if it gets better, the rest of me wants to delete it from my memory and move on.

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t know if it has been mentioned yet, but the new Luther film is on Netflix – nothing groundbreaking but perfectly watchable.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.