Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
    oomidamon

I watched Bull last night, pretty good British gangster / revenge film with Neil Maskell being Neil Maskell. Worth a watch if you like dark, gritty crime dramas.

timmys

Christ, I just watched the Christmas dinner episode. Utterly devastating, best episode of a tv show I’ve seen in years.

Incredible episode.

I thought the the next episode, the one with Richie staging, was even better.

I’ve not finished the series yet, but they are racking up some serious cameos so far in this series (Bob Odenkirk, Jamie Lee Curtis, Olivia Coleman)

thols2

I’ve not finished the series yet,

I just finished it. Richie’s arc was excellent. That Christmas dinner episode basically set the stage for the finale (restaurant opening night – big dinner with all the family invited, hope nothing goes wrong).

chakaping

I thought the the next episode, the one with Richie staging, was even better.

100%

The Xmas dinner one was maybe a bit overcooked for my taste (geddit?), but the payoff in the Richie episode was immense.

He’s great at playing unlikable characters (like the dickhead BF in Girls) but I only realised watching that episode that he;s the only character I was fully engaged with.

BoardinBob

Without exaggeration, the Xmas dinner episode is Xmas at my in-laws 😭

Anyway, finished S2 last night. Utter genius. Deserves all the awards

sirromj

Had anyone watched Tickled? A documentary about the dark world of competitive endurance tickling. Not watched it just curious if actually any good or not.

fossy

The new Jackie Chan movie with John Cena, Hidden Strike is good fun if a bit daft.

seadog101

The Days on Netflix.

Dramatisation of the Fukushima nuclear disaster.  Very slow pace almost like you’re watching in real time, maybe that was the idea.

Exactly my cup of tea. Loving it.

derek_starship
    Free Member

We watched BULL last night.

A gangster film with one hell of a twist.

Really enjoyed it.

desperatebicycle

OK, so The Bear… read a review that made it sounds great. I think I lasted half an hour… do they shout like an annoying bunch of dicks all the time? Where can I skip to when the brother sods off and the shouting stops?

fasthaggis

We watched BULL last night.

A gangster film with one hell of a twist.

Really enjoyed it.

Meh,it was no Dead Man’s Shoes though,was it.

fasthaggis

OK, so The Bear… read a review that made it sounds great. I think I lasted half an hour… do they shout like an annoying bunch of dicks all the time?

Yup,but you have to filter through that to see how good it is.
    A bit like the first time I watched The Wire,I had to put subtitles on to keep up and get the jist of it.
    Glad I did ,still one of the best TV series that I have watched (twice) :-)

desperatebicycle

Ah thanks, thats a shame. I’ll give it a miss then. I don’t need shouty knobends in my life. Just winds me up

thols2

OK, so The Bear… read a review that made it sounds great. I think I lasted half an hour… do they shout like an annoying bunch of dicks all the time? Where can I skip to when the brother sods off and the shouting stops?

I think you’ve completely missed the point of the show. It’s a great show about an annoying bunch of dicks who do learn from their mistakes. Ritchie especially shows that he’s much more than just a shouty ****.

chakaping

Having reached the end of The Bear last week, I felt slightly underwhelmed.

I think I wasn’t really that bothered about Carmy, and the plot device they used on him in the last episode seemed a little too blatantly metaphorical (trying not to spoil it but you’ll know what I mean if you’ve seen it).

As previously discussed, the Forks episode was the real peak.

Dunno if they’re doing a third series, but I wouldn’t mind if they left it there.

doomanic

I don’t need shouty knobends in my life. Just winds me up

I KNOW EXATLY WHAT YOU MEAN; I MADE IT THROUGH 2 EPISODES BEFORE DECIDING I DIDN’T CARE ENOUGH ABOUT ANY OF THE CHARACTERS TO CONTINUE WITH IT.

😉

barrysh1tpeas
    Free Member

Painkiller (Netflix). Brilliant!

Covers the opioid crisis.

desperatebicycle

I think you’ve completely missed the point of the show.

Exactly the same point as any series I watch on tv – to entertain. I don’t find obnoxious people shouting entertaining, so I’ll watch something else. Doesn’t mean I think other people shouldn’t watch it. It just doesn’t matter enough.

binners

Seconded. Its absolutely gob-smacking what went on! The intros by people who lost loved ones were particularly powerful

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve not seen that but Dopesick on Disney+ covered the same subject and was excellent. The Sacklers are equite xtraordinary.

binners

Your next guilty pleasure: At Home with the Fury’s.

2 episodes in and it’s really good. I’ve always really liked Tyson Fury since he refused to be the hard man and wouldnt shut up about his mental health issues. He’s continued to be as open about it on this and his wife, who’s bloody brilliant and clearly the boss, is equally as open about it

sc-xc

Not sure if this has been mentioned upstream, but Good Girls is really enjoyable…

thols2

I watched the first episode of Painkiller. It’s just a rehash of Dopesick, which was a better show.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I particularly enjoy a good Western. Two old favourites currently on Prime:
    A Bullet For The General (1967)
    Django (1966)

Kryton57

I watched (Ricky) Hatton last night.  Blimey 😧

CheesybeanZ

Watched Bull last night, gritty British film with a twist.
    Also enjoyed Painkiller.

ratherbeintobago

Who is Erin Carter? is good fun

wordnumb
    Free Member

Triangle of Sadness is on Prime. Reviews mostly said it was a bit obvious, actually rather good. Goody Harrelson.

rone

You need to check out Dopesick if you’ve bumped into Painkiller.

Gilles

I watched something called The Takeover. It was terrible,  I save  you some time, don’t watch it.

Black Butteflies was excellent , twist after twist.

somafunk

I watched spectre, I’d advise you not to.

kilo

We have been watching Swamp Kings on Netflix, no real interest in American football but this has still been quite good.

johnners
    Free Member

I watched the first episode of Painkiller. It’s just a rehash of Dopesick, which was a better show.

I’ve followed up my earlier post by watching Painkiller – obviously beaten to the punch by Dopesick and tried a somewhat different treatment of the subject. The narrative approach by the agent is just a hand-holding commentary and the fantasy sequences are silly and unnecessary but overall it’s not terrible.
    Nothing like as good as Dopesick though, which I recommend you watch even if you think you know all you need to about the appalling Sacklers.

leegee

The Schwarzenegger doc was really good.

surfer
    Free Member

Who is Erin Carter? is good fun

Yes, enjoyed this. Had a bit of a B rate feeling at the beginning but I stuck at it and thought it was quite good.

binners

The 5th and final series of Top Boy starts on Netflix on Thursday. Without doubt one of the best British dramas ever made. It’s brutal stuff with some superb performances

If you’ve not seen it then it’s highly recommended. Series one and two are on channel 4, three and four on Netflix.

I’ve just rewatched the last two series in anticipation of this one and it stands up to repeated viewing. It’s powerful stuff

From council estates to celebrity superfans: farewell Top Boy, the drama that changed TV for ever

Kryton57

The 5th and final series of Top Boy

Say what now?   I thought there were only those two on Netflix – Top Boy and Top Boy Summerhouse.   How can I watch the C4 episodes?

Edit:  Found it.

This is the order of the seasons and where they can be watched:

Top Boy: Summerhouse (season 1) – watch on Amazon

Top Boy: Summerhouse (season 2) – watch on Netflix

Top Boy (season 1) – watch on Netflix

Top Boy (season 2) – watch on Netflix

desperatebicycle

I watched (Ricky) Hatton last night. Blimey

Oscar De La Hoya is even more blimey! Who’d a thunk it?? (These are on Sky)

binners

Thanks for clearing that up @Kryton57

It’s all a bit messy really, isn’t it? But well worth seeking out if anybodys not seen it

I still can’t understand why channel 4 dropped a programme that had been so critically lauded, but I’m glad Netflix picked it up. I imagine this final series will be literally explosive

franksinatra

The Schwarzenegger doc was really good.

Been enjoying this, although by the third episode it does seem to be a bit of a platform for him to excuse his bad behaviour. Still a fascinating programme though, he is (mainly) a seriously impressive human.  Might have been nice to hear some other voices though for balance, everyone featured is a bit of an Arnie fan.

Well worth a watch.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.