Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • lovewookie

cant remember if it’s netflix or not, but watched the Diplomat, expecting something a bit like designated survivor (which I lasted a season then got bored), It’s not, it’s well paced and witty, the episodes flew by. really enjoyed it.

Klunk
    Free Member

Raylan Givens is back in Justified: City Primeval

oldtennisshoes

Anyone watching season 2 of The Bear?

thols2

Christ, I just watched the Christmas dinner episode. Utterly devastating, best episode of a tv show I’ve seen in years.

Caher

Just saw that Dune is available on Prime. That’s Sunday evening sorted.

MSP

I am late to start on “after life” think I will take a break for a few day after watching 4 episodes, surprised by how much it is ripping me up emotionally.

binners

Definitely not something you can binge watch, is it?

Its genius, but it’s hard going

binners

We watched The Deepest Breath last night about free-diving. Its absolutely bonkers! I know that I’m pretty risk-averse and self-preservation tends to dictate my actions, so watching people doing stuff as likely to kill you as this is always …erm… ‘interesting’. Whatever floats yer boat, I suppose.

Its worth watching for the cinematography alone, which is stunning.

toby1

They cloned Tyrone!

Good on many levels, good fun, would recommend.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Binging on ‘Godless’ at the moment. Nearly gave up after the first episode but so glad I stuck with it. Fans of Narcos will recognise the sheriff.

dyna-ti

New season(11) of Futurama starts tomorrow on Disney+

oldtennisshoes

Christ, I just watched the Christmas dinner episode. Utterly devastating, best episode of a tv show I’ve seen in years.

Incredible episode.

chakaping

New season(11) of Futurama starts tomorrow on Disney+

Wow. I’d forgotten they were doing this. Been re-watching it with my daughter and it holds up so well.

Yes, I’m still liking it but there have been a few off-notes for me, where I feel they’re trying to be too cute or cool.

I have the Xmas dinner episode up next.

desperatebicycle

Talking of food based drama – The Menu is on Disney+ (first thing I’ve actually found to watch since getting a free sub). Thought it was great. Anya-Taylor Joy is superb, didn’t realise when it came out the she was the main star.

Struggling to find anything on Netflix, so started Orange Is The New Black, which is pretty decent. Not sure I’ll make it through 90+ episodes!

fasthaggis

Wham!

It won the TV vote in our house last night and was way better than I was expecting.

Oppenheimer on the big screen tonight,that will bring things back to grim 😉🙃

franksinatra

BBC iPLayer, Sixth Commandment. Very good drama. Horrible that it is a true story.

thols2

Struggling to find anything on Netflix, so started Orange Is The New Black, which is pretty decent. Not sure I’ll make it through 90+ episodes!

It was completely not what I expected it to be, in a good way. I had no trouble getting through it all.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We watched The Deepest Breath last night about free-diving. Its absolutely bonkers!

This!  Watched it last night and was utterly terrified for the first 5 minutes – who knew they were actually pushed down after the first 30m or so?!!!!

nicko74

Good Omens S2 starts on Friday on Prime. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes, given that they’re now beyond the book and somewhat freestyling it

john_l
    Free Member

Enjoying Quarterback on Netflix. Similar format to Unchained. Great insight into the sport.

DrJ

Nobody mentioned the Mark Cavendish film yet?

desperatebicycle

Glad this thread is here to remind me I was watching OITNB cos I forgot!

I might cancel Netflix, now my son can’t use my account, so I pay an additional sub for him. Waste of money me having it, it’s garbage. Only things I’m enjoying now are Then You Run (Sky) and the final Snowfall series (BBC).

Jolsa

Recently watched 2 of the ‘Unknown’ documentaries on Netflix. One about new discoveries in Saqqara, the other about the oldest graveyard discovered in a cave in South Africa. Both excellent I thought.

dyna-ti

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is now on Disney+.

Watched 1/2 of it last night. Ended up just watching half not because it was bad, it was pretty good as they go, but because i didnt think it was out til later this month and i came across it at 3am.

leffeboy

Watched 1/2 of it last night.

Only watched half as well as just wasn’t loving it.  Felt a bit formulaic and couldn’t care less about any of the characters.  Might try again when in the mood

desperatebicycle

Thought Guardians 3 was excellent, great fun. Much better than 2. Did see it at the cinema though.

thols2

Season 3 of Reservation Dogs just started this week on Disney+.

onehundredthidiot

Another for Deepest Breath. Had to watch it in three sittings. Gave me the same “fear” as that recent one on the Canadian freeclimber.
    A lot of “no, no, no, ohmygoodgod”

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Just watched,

Lost in space – fair.

Thermae romae novae – random.

Castlevania  – pretty good.

Witcher s3, excellent.

chakaping

Not exactly new, but I’ve just started Star Trek TNG from the beginning on NF.

It’s really good and nostalgic AF obvs.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Just watched the Deepest Breath, I’d describe it as must watch but not in a good way. I was very tense pretty much all the way through it.

thols2

I just got into Entourage, which must be 15 years old. No idea how I missed it first time round, quite entertaining.

w00dster

<p>Not a series but a movie on Netflix, I’d had a few drinks, but watched Bull last night. My god that was appalling.</p><p>OK I was drunk, but they appeared to do 10 year reminiscing sciences where nothing had changed. Everyone was exactly the same. While not hard to follow, it just seemed so lazy and formulaic.</p><p>Contemplating ending my subscription as well. I might watch the new series of Lincoln Lawyer and then cancel.</p>

djflexure

‘This is us’ on Prime is quite funny. Couple of series in and its kept us interested. Also treated to guest appearances by Sly Stallone + Ron Howard.

vlad_the_invader

DrJ

Nobody mentioned the Mark Cavendish

Watched it. Excellent, well recommended

llama

Deepest breath. Talk about a stressful watch. Just why? Why do that?

Witcher. Same as the other series but slightly less monsters. Somehow works. Worth it for Geralt aka Clint Eastwood with a sword.

Good Omens 2. Better than expected. But I thought The Watch was good so don’t take my word for it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nobody is a great Saturday night movie, bit John Wickish, especially liked the Christopher Lloyd cameo.

StuE
    Free Member

Enjoying Santa Clarita diet on Netflix

james-rennie

Just finished Deepest Breath on Netflix. I know some of you said it was a tough stressful watch, but that wasn’t warning enough. Nonetheless I’d definitely recommend it, really well made, and some beautiful images.

binners

On iplayer rather than Netflix but Wolf is absolutely fantastic. Dark, twisted, very funny and just totally ‘WTF have I just watched?!!’

A very accurate review in the Guardian

Wolf review – this totally wild thriller has to be seen to be believed

Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.