Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • thols2

Now I’m curious.

2tyred

Enjoyed Beef
    Really enjoyed Colin From Accounts

Currently right into Search Party (iPlayer) – very bingeable 20 min episodes. Thought it would be annoying but read a glowing review in the Guardian, glad we gave it a go, it’s great. Just started S3, I’m always suspicious of shows that have more than two series, Peep Show being the notable exception.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Snowfall
    Still on iplayer i think and also on disney.
    Crack cocaine version of Breaking Bad, very good specially the early seasons.

desperatebicycle

“Tour de France: Unchained” looks interesting. Not a big watcher of the race myself, but a behind the scenes sounds worth a watch

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81153133?s=i&trkid=13747225&vlang=en&clip=81697798

mashr

If it’s in a similar vein to the F1 series then it’s best to consider it entertainment rather than a documentary

kilo

We’ve just binged on The Night Agent, not particularly cerebral but enjoyable t.v, like an updated 24

dyna-ti

Avatar 2 is out on the 7th on Disney+.

From the trailers it’s pretty much the same premise as the first one but way more CGI. To that end I think it’s going to be pretty poor.
    But it’s something new to watch so on the 7th I’ll give it a go.

Probably would have been better to make the first one similar, in that CGI heavy, rather then trot out the same plot.
    ————-
    Currently watching The Days, about the Fukushima disaster. Quite good, dubbed and its really just showing the sacrifice made by the workers on the ground. With the politicians and company board scrabbling around trying to save their own positions and reputations rather than anyone else

somafunk

Currently watching The Days, about the Fukushima disaster.

The dubbing annoyed me as I’d have preferred subtitles and the acting is atrocious, at times it was rather comedic in nature, I found myself shouting “Run, don’t hang about you ****” but apart from that it was ok to waste a few nights.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

The dubbing annoyed me as I’d have preferred subtitles and the acting is atrocious, at times it was rather comedic in nature, I found myself shouting “Run, don’t hang about you ****” but apart from that it was ok to waste a few nights.

there is the option to watch in original audio with subtitles (doesn’t change the bad acting mind!)

somafunk

there is the option to watch in original audio with subtitles

Doh!, didn’t think of that

chakaping

Well I’m excited to see the TdF given the Drive to Survive treatment.

If they maintain the same production values and have the same access to the riders, it could be amazing.

Only problem is I already know the results, whereas with F1 I don’t bother following it :D

ta11pau1

I mistakenly watched the first episode of ‘Another Life’ the other day. Thought ‘decent looking sci-fi series, aliens, Katee Sackhoff, what can go wrong?’

Oh my. Jesus Christ it’s bad. Everything, it would seem. Yikes.

The 6% rating on RT is generous I think!

And on a completely different note, Ted Lasso has ended. *Both cries and laughs at the same time.

What a show.

binners

Ted Lasso and Succession both ending in the same week?!

That’s Mondays and Wednesday nights essential viewing scuppered 😭

Two programmes at completely different ends of the spectrum, but both blessed with genius scriptwriters

Klunk
    Free Member

Silo showing promise

choppersquad
    Free Member

Just watched the film ‘Blood And Gold’ on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Quite gory and a really exciting ending. Highly recommended.

Caher

Ted Lasso and Succession both ending in the same week?!

lucky for me I am just starting out on this journey but its summer so could take a while. Only watched GOT a couple of months ago.

fossy

TDF Unchained is OK TBH – Two episodes in.

somafunk

Never got into ted lasso as I thought it too slick and the characters were annoying, enjoyed bad sisters though.

surfpunk
    Free Member

Just watched “Inside man” on Netflix, very good. I’m not a David Tennant fan but very enjoyable.

Kuco

Just watched Avatar 2, Over 3 hours with 2 hours of pretentious shite. Didn’t notice it was that long before I started watching. I liked the first one but this one seemed to drag along for me.

I mistakenly watched the first episode of ‘Another Life’ the other day. Thought ‘decent looking sci-fi series, aliens, Katee Sackhoff, what can go wrong?’

totally agree, I was expecting something a lot better.

kiloFull Member
    We’ve just binged on The Night Agent, not particularly cerebral but enjoyable t.v, like an updated 24

I enjoyed The Night Agent and will be watching season 2 when it’s out.

zilog6128

Just watched Avatar 2, Over 3 hours with 2 hours of pretentious shite. Didn’t notice it was that long before I started watching. I liked the first one but this one seemed to drag along for me.

hmm, I was totally the opposite tbh. Wasn’t too fussed by the first but found 2 absolutely mesmerising (even though the plot was bollocks 😂). I guess if you’re watching it at home on a shit telly you’re not going to get the cinema blockbuster effect though!

dyna-ti

This world can’t tear me down.

djflexure

Barry on NowTV is a great show

Id never heard of it until a review of season 4 popped up in the Guardian

timba
    Free Member

Nobody on Netflix

Total nonsense but great fun 😁

timba
    Free Member

IMHO, speaking as someone who doesn’t follow either on TV, TDF series isn’t as interesting as the F1 series

desperatebicycle

I guess if you’re watching it at home on a shit telly you’re not going to get the cinema blockbuster effect though!

I sin it in 3D, me. Best I can say is it was alright. The last 15-20 mins (mightve been 5) really really dragged. Even wiv fishes flying at me face.

‘citin eh?!?!?

desperatebicycle

I accidentally got a Paramount+ sub free off Amazon (I meant to get the one the MTB racin is on. Duh) so is there anything good on there? Only got it for a week and I already watched Yellowjackets :(

revs1972
    Free Member

TDF Unchained is OK TBH – Two episodes in.

just finished watching that . Got a bit emotional at times. (Mainly ep8). It’s an interesting look behind the scenes. One scene took me back to being a kid, watching my old man collapse , delirious and absolutely spent at the end of a road race after winning it.

martinhutch

so is there anything good on there?

Depends on your tastes, but Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is good fun. Discovery, less so.

gecko76

Enjoyed Ventoux on Netflix the other night, if middle aged Belgian men on bikes is your thing.

desperatebicycle

New Black Mirror tonight :)

gecko76

Enjoyed Ventoux on Netflix the other night, if middle aged Belgian men on bikes is your thing.

(Dutch, not Belgian)

Kryton57

Having very much enjoyed the first one, Extraction 2 is released on Netflix Friday.  Guns, explosions and G Shocks, what’s not to like.

Cougar

Nobody on Netflix

Total nonsense but great fun 😁

My thoughts also.

A lot of people seemingly hated it. But not every film has to be cerebral pretentious arthouse toss that you’ll be dissecting for years. It was an enjoyable enough watch, Saul Goodman as a Poundland John Wick.

misteralz
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned Fubar yet? It’s like if Arnie was the main character in Red, and Red was a TV series. Utter nonsense, but enjoyably so.

dyna-ti

I ended up watching ‘Kenny Begins’ on netflix last night(well 3am) its in Swedish and subtitled. Not as intellectually stimulating as the type of thing you guys watch. I put it on and before you know it was 2/3 the way through.

Excuse – I love SiFi

Recommendation ? – No. It’s not good.

zilog6128

Has anyone mentioned Fubar yet?

only seen the first couple so far, but very enjoyable! I am a massive Arnie fan though. There’s also a mini docu-series called “Arnold”, found the first 2 eps really interesting (then it bogs down a bit in the politics).

yoshimi

I accidentally got a Paramount+ sub free off Amazon (I meant to get the one the MTB racin is on. Duh) so is there anything good on there? Only got it for a week and I already watched Yellowjackets 🙁

Sort of getting into Yellowstone without meaning to

How on earth did any of that crew get selected for the mission!?

johndoh
    Free Member

Nobody on Netflix

Awesome – I hadn’t realised it was on Netflix now – that’s tonight’s TV sorted.

desperatebicycle

Sort of getting into Yellowstone without meaning to

Nah, not for me. I never really liked Dallas or Dynasty :D

Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.