• This topic has 69 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Nervous about seeing Jedi this Thursday – harsh appraisal content
  • jedi

heyyyyyyyyy 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m aware my footwork needs working on.

jedi

phil, are you coming down weds eve?
    andy, see you friday dood 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

why the roflcopter allthepies?

i’d love to come up tonight jedi but i’ve got no camping gear and i wouldnt be able to get up until late and after dark (dont fancy setting up a tent in the dark if i were to buy one!)… if i’ve got time at work this morning i might see if i can find a hotel room for the night nearby 🙂

jedi

ok, i asked as i’ll be there until late tonight as its the weds evening ride 🙂 🙂
    see you tomorrow and just dont worry.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ohhhhh how late will you be there? if i find a hotel and drive up this evening then i’d prob want to do a test on if i can find the place to make it easier in the morning 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

hotel booked 😀 i’m going to go collect my bike in my lunch break so i can battle through traffic and get up as early as possible this evening

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m as jealous as a very jealous thing right now.

jedi

yeti, pop down this evening if you like too

philconsequence
    Free Member

now yeti…. i’m going to be battling up the m4, m25 then A1m from 5pm onwards, if you overtake me in your far superior skoda please make sure you honk the horn loads and flash a nipple x

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jedi, I’d absolutely love to, but damn distances and keeping ladies happy is going to stop me making this one 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

that’s cos you suck… i know this cos deadly told me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The Inbetweeners better be funny.

jedi

i’m seeing that thursday night 🙂 a nice end to the day i reckon

iain1775
    Free Member

Phil will be fine, you just need a cup of his magic coffee, then ask Jedi about me binning it 3 times today 🙂
    Each time exactly as you say in your first post, getting drawn into looking at wheel then washing out
    But got up tried again and largely nailed it, absolutely great day, just wish I’d done it years ago as I now know exactly where I’ve been going wrong and can’t wait to get out there and put it into practises
    Loved hitting the drops and the step up too, especiAly the bigger drop into the last corner, I never would have done that this morning
    Like others said, you decide what and when to do it, although Tony will slow things down without you realising if he feels it’s needed
    I stil can’t believe what I really had to think about doing this morning was becoming second nature by the end of the session, I still haven’t figured out what or how he achieved it, I’m not normLly one to learn so quickly!

philconsequence
    Free Member

well… i wont write a review just yet, it was a bit of a spectacular ending to the session and i’m in a fair bit if pain so i’ll wait until thats died down 🙂

😯

‘Jedi broke phil! what a monster!’ i hear you shout… not true 😀 i did ze tabletop with the style and grace of, dare i say it, something more awesome than an awesome something. it was several meters after a tasty run out from the tabletop i managed to throw myself through the air and damage myself, luckily its the left shoulder and wrist not my recently fractured right shoulder 🙂 huge adrenalin burn out and more pain than i wanted to let on to Jedi signaled the end of the session just as the rain arrived.

looking forward to reading my write-up/blog thing when Jedi posts it 😀

riding is more awesome than surfmat ever was, this is a medical FACT

thepurist

The question nobody dare ask… did Tony get it on camera? 😉

Looking forward to the write up – I expect pictures of cats demonstrating good looking and footwork skills.

brakes
    Free Member

jedi

falling off 50meters past the tabletop after sailing it sweetly dont count as a fail. i thought it was a belly slide celebration! 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

i wanted to impress you with my superman impression 😀 forgot to unwrap the bike from my legs mid-air though… some would say mentally tired, others just mental!

my shoulder is completely shot though, not going to lie.. prob be 2 weeks before i can ride on it again if it heals at the same speed my right did when i did the same a couple of years ago. cant wait to get back on though 😀

4ndyB
    Free Member

hope your shoulder is sorted soon.

I’m currently sat in my tent supping a beer @ Jedi’s trails whilst browsing t’web.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s riding, I hope the coffee pot’s gonna be full, reckon I’ll need a kickstart in the morning!

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers andy 🙂 I hope the rains died down for you… could only see about 20 meters in front of the car for 50ish miles of the 70 mile journey home!

you’ll have an amazing day tomorrow, the coffee is pretty special too 🙂

4ndyB
    Free Member

rain was mostly ok on the drive down, a few heavy showers but think I timed it about right as there’s no rain here now 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

schweeet, enjoy it tomorrow 🙂 Jedi has written my blog already:

http://ukbikeskills.blogspot.com/2011/08/phils-one-to-one.html

iain1775
    Free Member

jedi

andy, make a coffee when you wake up. its all there 🙂

jedi

4ndy b, was a fun day 🙂

4ndyB
    Free Member

Yup, it was great fun, thanks once again 🙂

Here’s my Jedi blog, just in case anyone is interested http://ukbikeskills.blogspot.com/2011/08/andy-bike-doctors-session.html

Euro
    Free Member

If you don’t have the time or inclination to practice crashing, you’ll never get good at it. Perhaps a ‘how to crash’ section should form part of these skills days. 😉

jedi

we all get it wrong sometimes. its that on that edge buzz 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Nervous about seeing Jedi this Thursday – harsh appraisal content’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM