Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Neo Nazi nutters
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Joolsburger – there is a subtle but important distinction you have missed. Holding racist views and even expressing them is not illegal. Its inciting others to be racist or to commit crimes that is against the law.

As I said before
    Saying " all singlespeeders are stupid" is fine
    Saying " all singlespeeders are stupid and should be killed" is not.

subtle but important difference.

GrahamS

I'm a publican sympathiser, will I be targeted? 🙂

Stevie
    Free Member

The term "half-caste" can be extremely offensive to large numbers of people

Who? I have NEVER heard anyone consider the term offensive in Luton (which is very multicultural and working class), it is used as a matter of course by white, black and mixed-race/half caste people. The only person to have complained about it was this bank manager in Brighton (which is very white and middle class). I'm not trying to be offensive, despite it possibly seeming that way, I just speak how I have for the last 40 years.

joolsburger
    Free Member

You're not fine with it being a crime to create and distribute a huge amount of material inciting racial hatred? And targeting synagogues with that material?

No I am not.

Simply put putting people in prison because they disagree with the consensus view is wrong. Irrespective of what that concensus is or what their views are.

I don't like them or their views or the fact they commited them to paper and mailed them to a synagogue but never the less they are entitled to be contrary.

However if there was a criminal conspiracy to commit a crime like assult or worse that is different. Was there?? I don't know which is why I asked.

joolsburger
    Free Member

TJ

I understand the distinction in law but not the moral justification for it?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"There's this subtle implication there that left wing activists and republican (sic?) sympathisers aren't innocent!"
    Not really that subtle. As a member of the anti nazi league in the 80's and 90's, I fell foul of them (C18 and Redwatch) on several occasions. I cant, hand on heart, state that I believed in peaceful protest at the time. However, redwatch included members of CND and Trade unions in it's hate lists, and it's people such as this that I would consider 'innocent'.

Stevie
    Free Member

Joolsburger – there is a subtle but important distinction you have missed. Holding racist views and even expressing them is not illegal. Its inciting others to be racist or to commit crimes that is against the law.

As I said before
    Saying " all singlespeeders are stupid" is fine
    Saying " all singlespeeders are stupid and should be killed" is not.

subtle but important difference

Actually Jerry expressing racist views is illegal it is punishable under the Public Order Act 1984. Rightly so, too.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

@ joolsburger

There is a hell of a lot of material online (not just your BBC report) about these two Nazis and their activities. Read it. Is this really the sort of thing you can describe as just a bit 'contrary'? They're a long way from being naughty kids.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have no doubt these guys are utter shitbags.

My concern, and I hope it proves Ill founded, is that this is the thin end of a wedge which results in other points of view being outlawed.

I am brown myself, certainly not white English but I truly believe that by trying to supress this stuff it becomes more dangerous. Removing the voice of an angry person makes them lash out in other ways seems pretty obvious to me.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I'm pink mainly, with bits of blue and a scattering of brown spots.

I've only got a small willie, though…

kimbers

stevie i grew up in luton/ dunstable id say that its a good 10 years behind the rest of the uk as regards political correctness and a lot of other things too!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"Removing the voice of an angry person makes them lash out in other ways seems pretty obvious to me."
    They've been 'lashing out in other ways' for years. We generally describe neo nazis as 'nutters' (just paraphrasing, as a psychiatric nurse, I realise how offensive that term is, but let's not get sidetracked eh?). In doing this, we somehow diminish the severity of the threat posed by these people. As mattie has already stated, theyre a long way from naughty kids.

GrahamS

I am brown myself, certainly not white English

I'm translucent-blue Scottish.

Stevie
    Free Member

stevie i grew up in luton/ dunstable id say that its a good 10 years behind the rest of the uk as regards political correctness and a lot of other things too!

Yes indeed. And it's gotten worse, Delcos, AWD, Renault, Vauxhall, almost all the factories have closed down. There is NO work. Dunstable is a ghost town. In my opinion we are ahead of most of the rest of the country on race though, racism doesn't really exist at all in Luton or Dunstable, cultural differences create problems but not race.

Stevie
    Free Member

I'm translucent-blue Scottish

Is that code for Ginger?

GrahamS

Standard issue Scottish complexion for gingers and non-gingers alike.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stevie
    Free Member

Standard issue Scottish complexion for gingers and non-gingers alike

I spent a week up in Elgin once, working. It co-incided with the first heat wave they'd had for ages, there were all these lads and lasses walking aroung half naked, blinking at the strange yellow thing in the sky. For about 5 minutes, then they all turned this burgundy colour 😆 .

retro83
    Free Member

Joey Deacon is not much worse than saying 'idiot' or 'moron' is it?

I'd suggest there's a significant difference, but I'm not about to argue it, as it's best left at this point. You could always wiki the terms and see if you can work it out for yourself.

er, no I can't actually, and thanks for the condescending tone there, perhaps you could educate me?

Idiot -> Mentally disabled person
    Joey Deacon -> mentally disabled person

It's hypocritical IMHO to have a go at the thread starter for using 'Joey Deacon' then use 'idiot' in your own posts.

And it's actually best left at this point where I win. 🙄

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Neo Nazi nutters’ is closed to new replies.