Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)
  • Neo Nazi nutters
  • Stevie
    Free Member

Joey Deacon was a national celebrity in the 80's, well known for his appearances on Blue Peter. Kids started calling those they considered to be idiots 'Joeys' much as they called them 'mongs' or 'spazzes'. It was a childish, throwaway insult, no-one hated Joey, it was just a kids thing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice one aracer. You and I have disagreed a lot even on stuff like this but I am pleased to see that even folk of as diverse views as you and I can agree on a basic level of decency.

thanks

Stevie
    Free Member

No, a promise – now fulfilled. Yes I've got mates. No, we don't do racist jokes or comparisons with the handicapped.

How about I rephrase your first post:
    "The court hands down 4 years for these two Stevies yet only a conditional discharge for the muslims in Luton who openly incited violence, murder and racial hatred."

Reasonable?

Water off a ducks back to me. But there again I'm not a politically correct anal retentive. As for you 'running to tell mummy', oh dear.

hels
    Free Member

Thanks all – good indication of the level of this discussion (I wasn't brought up in the UK I'm a filthy immigrant, of the palatable type e.g. white and middle class so nobody leaflets me)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I would say that trying to argue the case for the Islamist Extremists demonstrating at WB being on the same level as the Nazi's releasing hate material on the web, is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

It might not hold water, in some people's opinion, but it's not offensive per se.

"Get over yourself" is apt, in this case, in my opinion.

aracer
    Free Member

Pakistanis are a people originating in South Asia, well known for the contribution they make to British society. Kids started calling anybody who looked similar to them "****". It was a childish throway insult, no-one hated Pakistanis. It was just a kids thing.

GrahamS

They were saying that the soldiers would pay with their lives. Hence the 'Burn In Hell' postfix.

In my opinion, they are saying that those soldiers would be judged by god for their actions and sent to burn in hell. There is no mention of who killed them.

Similarly if a Catholic priest does a fire and brimstone sermon about adulterers burning in hell, he isn't actually "Kill the adulterers"

And they were trying to incite other muslims to violence on the day-I was there and saw it.

That is different and would be incitement. Why didn't they call you as a witness?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

@ Mr Woppit

I would say that trying to argue the case for the Islamist Extremists demonstrating a WB being on the same level as the Nazi's releasing hate material on the web, is a perfectly reasonable thing to do

Are you reading the same thread? No one has actually mentioned Wooton Basset let alone made that argument. And the complaint made about Stevie's posts is his use of the term 'Joey Deacon' as an insult rather than his ideas.

Stevie
    Free Member

In my opinion, they are saying that those soldiers would be judged by god for their actions and sent to burn in hell. There is no mention of who killed them.

Similarly if a Catholic priest does a fire and brimstone sermon about adulterers burning in hell, he isn't actually "Kill the adulterers"

I agree with you there Graham but there again, you weren't there were you? The extremist morons were calling for the 'infidel soldiers' to be beheaded. It's not the first time Choudarys goons have acted in that manner is it?

aracer
    Free Member

You and I have disagreed a lot even on stuff like this

I'm insulted 😉 – don't think we do actually disagree quite as much as you seem to think – at least not in areas like this.

Stevie
    Free Member

From the Urban Dictionary-

"Joey Deacon-Brit slang. Insult. Term used to denote someone who has performed an act of unparalelled stupidity. The name is an abbreviation of a highly publicised sufferer of cerebral palsy in the 1980's called Joey Deacon. His name lives on in playgrounds and workplaces across the country everytime someone fails to engage their brain."

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Good work Stevie. Quoting from the Urban DIctionary must make it OK then.

Move along people. Stevie was right all along…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Well that settles it. If an expression is featured in Urban Dictionary it must be pretty much PC. 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stevie – Member

Hmmmmm. The court hands down 4 years for these two {youngsters} yet only a conditional discharge for the muslims in Luton who openly incited violence, murder and racial hatred. Not really balanced, that.

Sorry – Luton. Although they were the same people, if memory serves…

GrahamS

The extremist morons were calling for the 'infidel soldiers' to be beheaded.

As I said, that is incitement, but wasn't reported in that article.

So if you saw that first hand then why weren't you called as a witness?

Stevie
    Free Member

As I said, that is incitement, but wasn't reported in that article.

So if you saw that first hand then why weren't you called as a witness?

Because I didn't make a complaint? The OB saw it happening, much as they did when Islam4uk did the same thing in London and ignored it.

Well that settles it. If an expression is featured in Urban Dictionary it must be pretty much PC.

Not at all. But to be honest I'd probably use it more knowing it wasn't PC, political correctness and all it stands for is ridiculous in my opinion. It just ends up with people seeking out ways to be insulted.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Doesn't 'political correctness' just stand for politeness and not being offensive in this case Stevie? And you think that that's ridiculous?

uplink
    Free Member

I was with hels on this – I had absolutely no idea what or who Joey Deacon is

I thought it must of been some right wing nutter

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stevie – Member
    Hmmmmm. The court hands down 4 years for these two Joey Deacons yet only a conditional discharge for the muslims in Luton who openly incited violence, murder and racial hatred. Not really balanced, that.

Erm, no they didn't, so that's indirect racism IMO.

"ken" is what some Scots say at the and of a senctence, ken?

kimbers

back on topic(ish)

i think the difference between the 2 cases was that 5 guys waving plackards and jeering is a bit different from organising an international webring getting leaflets printed up etc etc

and i think teh disparity in the sentences received may have a lot to do with the nazis jumping bail, which is never gonna go down well with the sentencing judge

Stevie
    Free Member

Doesn't 'political correctness' just stand for politeness and not being offensive in this case Stevie? And you think that that's ridiculous?

Not in my opinion. For example-banning Golliwogs. Please. Or the Minister John Denham recently stating that Police Officers could be prosecuted for saying 'nitty-gritty' becasue it's 'racist'. Binmen being called Binpeople. It's just daft. Banning Christmas trees in case it offends muslims, changing baa-baa black sheep to baa-baa rainbow sheep, it's gone a bit mad don't you think?

kimbers

stevie you know all those 'stories' are just made up or blown hugely out of proprtion by bored reporters looking for a bit of sensationalist headline grabbing right?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Where have Golliwogs been banned?

Where have Christmas trees been banned?

Where do kids sing 'baa baa rainbow street'?

Think for yourself.

aracer
    Free Member

Joey Deacon is not much worse than saying 'idiot' or 'moron' is it?

I'd suggest there's a significant difference, but I'm not about to argue it, as it's best left at this point. You could always wiki the terms and see if you can work it out for yourself.

Stevie
    Free Member

"ken" is what some Scots say at the and of a senctence, ken?

Got you, yes I did know that, my Nan was a Sweaty oops, I mean Jock and used to say that. I didn't know you were a Haggis Muncher oops, I mean Scots gentleman, oops I mean gentleperson. I'd better stop now or someone else will tell teacher on me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stevie – Member

Not in my opinion. For example-banning Golliwogs. Please. Or the Minister John Denham recently stating that Police Officers could be prosecuted for saying 'nitty-gritty' becasue it's 'racist'. Binmen being called Binpeople. It's just daft. Banning Christmas trees in case it offends muslims, changing baa-baa black sheep to baa-baa rainbow sheep, it's gone a bit mad don't you think?

It's mad that you actually believe that tabloid crap.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not in my opinion. For example-banning Golliwogs. Please.

Hmm. There are real sensitivities to this – all of course, stemming from the Victorian perception of "ethnic" people and the derivation of the word "wog".

I think you lose on that particular one, Steve. I'm with you one the others that you quote, mind.

aracer
    Free Member

it's gone a bit mad don't you think?

Shouldn't there be a law (a bit like Godwin's law) for using "political correctness gone mad" on a forum?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Shouldn't there be a law (a bit like Godwin's law) for using "political correctness gone mad" on a forum?

I'd vote for that aracer 🙂

As soon as the phrase 'political correctness gone mad' appears you know that critical thought has disappeared out of the window.

Stevie
    Free Member

stevie you know all those 'stories' are just made up or blown hugely out of proprtion by bored reporters looking for a bit of sensationalist headline grabbing right?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4782856.stm

GrahamS

> … if you saw that first hand then why weren't you called as a witness?

Because I didn't make a complaint?

So you saw a crime being committed and rather than report it or come forward as a witness, you waited till they were sentenced on a lesser charge and then complained about how injust it was? 🙄

What a total Stevie you are!

Stevie
    Free Member

Question for the leftys-do you think that the word 'Toff' is a perjurative insult?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Reverse correctness can sometimes be amusing, though. I haven't seen "Sex and Drugs and…" yet, but I do recall the polio-damaged Ian Dury recording a song called "Spasticus Autisticus" and having it banned by the BBC.

Also, I can't remember which song it was (it might even have been "Spasticus.."), but the intro was from Norman Watt-Roy (Pakistani) and Charlie Charles (Afro-Carribbean) saying:
    "I'm Norman, I'm a ****" and "I'm Charlie, I'm a Blackie"… 😯 😆

Stevie
    Free Member

So you saw a crime being committed and rather than report it or come forward as a witness, you waited till they were sentenced on a lesser charge and then complained about how injust it was?

What a total Stevie you are!

Ever tried to speak to a cop at one of these demos? The reply you'd get would be a lot sharper than the PC wallahs on here would be able to stand without fainting away.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow, you were right on one of theem in one school, somewhere.

Who are the lefties btw?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stevie – Member

Question for the leftys-do you think that the word 'Toff' is a perjurative insult?

Ineteresting – is the perception of insulting terminology exclusively "lefty", then? There are a significant number of ethnic MP's in the Conservative party, who I would imagine might have a view on this?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Ever tried to speak to a cop at one of these demos? The reply you'd get would be a lot sharper than the PC wallahs on here would be able to stand without fainting away.

🙄

Ever tried to speak to a cop from the other side of one of these demos? I did have to reach for the smelling salts, you're right.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm not a lefty (as TJ will probably gladly point out) – does that mean I'm not allowed to answer?

MikeG

Where do kids sing 'baa baa rainbow street'?

My daughters nursery, they don't actually say rainbow but each time they sing it they use a different colour for the sheep.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Neo Nazi nutters’ is closed to new replies.