Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Need to advice about selling my car
  • i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

It’s a 2010 golf. FSH and decent nick. 55k miles.

Webuyanycar say £4k, but I know they will try and knock that down significantly upon inspection by picking up every tiny mark.

Does anyone have alternatives other than a private sale? I would like to at least know I have 2 or 3 other options before considering any offer from WBAC.

sing1etrack

I’m part way through selling my Passat via Motorway. WBAC were £7,350 (which they’d no doubt batter down), trade in was £7,000, I’ve agreed £7,750 with Motorway after sending them photos, describing damage/condition in detail over the phone. I’m expecting a call from the dealer who’s buying it tomorrow, hopefully they’re picking it up this week, so we’ll see how that goes – hopefully they’ll be no shenanigans on price!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Seriously, sell privately, you’ll be fighting them off.

It’s mad at the monent.

simon_g

It was a few years ago but I sold my Fabia through WBAC. They decided a few of the marks I’d put down weren’t bad enough to count, and gave me £50 more than the online offer. Done in 15 mins, money was in my account the next day.

Would have to to expecting considerably more at private sale for me to bother with it these days.

Caher

That’s very low mileage for a 10 year old car.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I always use EBay to sell cars and it’s great if you auction at .99p no reserve and list every detail.

Just sold my daughter’s 12 yr old 107 for £2176. No problems at all.

We buy any car would have offered about £1000.

lotto
    Free Member

Arnold Clark do a service very much like WBAC, minus the hassle.

johndoh
    Free Member

That’s very low mileage for a 10 year old car.

I have a 13.5 yr old car with 60k on the clock – owned from new too.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Arnold Clark do indeed offer a similar service but for the three cars I’ve recently had to move on they have offered half of what WBAC offered.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Arnold Clark do indeed offer a similar service but for the three cars I’ve recently had to move on they have offered half of what WBAC offered.

Yip, my old civic was worth 1100 according to Arnie, 1900 according to WBAC (they’d have been about the same as Arnie by the time they took into account all the scratches!) – sold privately for 2200 – put it on gumtree and faceboak at 9am and it was taken away at 6pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Need to advice about selling my car’ is closed to new replies.