Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Need a MS Word alternative – OpenOffice
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I could do with a free alternative to Word. I don’t need a spreadsheet, etc. so a complete suite isn’t top of my list.
    Something light (as it’s going on a pretty old PC) and fairly fast would be good.
    I’ve used OO for a while and it’s fine – any alternatives?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Google Docs

miketually
    Free Member

Second ‘vote’ for Google Docs, if it does everything you need.

xiphon
    Free Member

Chrome Browser + Google Docs

(It can also be used offline)

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375012?hl=en

sharkbait
    Free Member

Doh, of course….. nice one thanks 🙂

geoffj

Does windows not come with a basic word processing app any more – wasn’t it called Write or something?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yeah but slightly more functionality would be better. GDocs fis the bill nicely.

andytherocketeer

Tend to use LibreOffice rather than OpenOffice (was a fork of the same code, and all the OO developers quit and moved to LibreOffice).

Use Google Docs too, probably just as much, if not more. Depends what I’m doing, and if I need the doc shared between various people, or available online or on the phone etc. when out and about.

kcr
    Free Member

Kingsoft Office is worth checking out as an MS compatible option. Free basic version and cheap pro version. I found this easier to use than the OO office interface.

Olly
    Free Member

Libre office comes with Ubuntu and is fine. better than OO i think. probably available on windows….?

cranberry
    Free Member

libre office +1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Need a MS Word alternative – OpenOffice’ is closed to new replies.