Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Need a lockable rucksack/document carrier for commuting… options?
  • cookeaa

Right I need to find a good lockable Rucksack/Document carrier… and I don’t want some £300 woven hemp satchel with Raffa on it.

Work have me transporting Documents on a pretty regular basis, and they have rules for what I can and can’t use to do this; the item used to Carry them has to have an Integrated lock (They Don’t specify Key or combination though) which is all fine as they normally provide a reinforced briefcase with both key and Combination locks, but it is pretty overkill and the sheer bulk of the thing means I have to use my Car when I’d much prefer to be on my bike…

So what’s out there, Hard or Soft construction, able to take a good sized wadge of A4, has lockable main compartment, and can go on your back.. Cost is an issue too, this is only for work and I doubt I’ll be able to claim it back…

hp_source

I would imagine there’s more available if you were to look for panniers if your bike will take them

in fact a quick google of ‘lockable panniers’ turns up quite a few.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Get a rear rack and strap the briefcase to that?

cookeaa

Nah the briefcase is a monster and very rigid, woulrn’t want it on a rack…

The lockable pannier idea isn’t a bad one actually. Hmmm, cheers for that…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need a lockable rucksack/document carrier for commuting… options?’ is closed to new replies.