Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • NEC Cycle show
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

When do the tickets get emailed? I haven’t had any yet.
    Anyone else going know when they normally turn up?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Do the tickets get mailed? I know that’s not directly answering your question but mine are a print out from what looks like an “e” ticket. I’m not sure exactly as the tickets were bought as a present.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Yep I think they’re emailed. Should have made it clearer. But I haven’t had them.
    Just wondering if other people have had them already or if it normally takes this long.

Cheers

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Ah, sorry, with you now. My sister in law bought them last December as a Christmas present so I don’t think I can help!

lunge

I think mine we’re e-mailed as soon as I paid, yes, just checked, they were.

Mine were sent from The Ticket Factory, you could try logging in there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m going tomorrow on the trade day. I got a confirmation email straight away and the ticket email came through a couple of weeks after.

MoreCashThanDash

waiting for the ticket factory to email my ticket. Going on Saturday for a proper days window shopping

cheers_drive

Going tomorrow on trade day, checking out the competitors before we launch our new bike accessory brand…

panzerjager
    Free Member

Mine were emailed to me straight away.

On a side note, upon arrival I showed my ticket email to the chap on the turnstile/barrier, he told me I’d need to go to the ticket office to get it printed, which I questioned, but did.
    The ticket office about 10m away,then proceeded to print out a full sheet of A4, in plain sight of the guy on the turnstile, who, on returning, duly took my newly printed ticket from me & dropped it into the rubbish bin by his side!
    When I pointed out to both the ticket clerk & the security fella what an incredible waste of resources this was, especially seeing as this was a cycling show, they both told me, ‘well we do recycle the paper…’

Priceless.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

just realised my e-tickets are on the bottom of the email i received confirming tickets purchase 12 days ago

Hadge
    Free Member

I’ll be on our stand (BETD) on Saturday and Sunday so please drop by say hello. Really looking forward to it now. I would have liked to have gone tomorrow and Friday but someones got to hold the fort and keep the business going. Maybe next time.

tang
    Free Member

Supposed to be there tomorrow…

MoreCashThanDash

just realised my e-tickets are on the bottom of the email i received confirming tickets purchase

I was just about to get all ranty as their “where are my tickets?” screen shows mine will be sent out in the next 5 days, and then I spotted your post. 😳

Bloody well hidden at the bottom of the email!

100mphplus
    Free Member

Working it Sat & Sun.
    Oh the joy of hearing the words ‘got any stickers?’ for the 1000th time and watching out for little scrotes with cable cutters 😉

chrisdw
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Also guilty of not seeing them hidden at the bottom of the email.

I’m off tomorrow. Saturday. Never been before. Looking forward to it.
    How does parking normally work? Any sneaky tips for better or cheaper places?

lunge

How does parking normally work? Any sneaky tips for better or cheaper places?

Don’t drive!

Park for free at a station and get the train in would be my suggestion.

bur70n
    Free Member

I was going to go tomorrow, whilst at the NEC for the EGX (Eurogamer) but unable to go now, so have a pair of EGX tickets going for £18 for the pair.

Hopefully someone will take loads of pictures of the new kit and bikes!!

jedi

im thinking about going on sunday. need to look at new bikes

superdale
    Free Member

Would anyone have a spare ticket for today Friday they are not using. Have a spare couple of hours this afternoon at International and wouldn’t mind checking out some of the new bike tech? Email in profile if anyone can help thanks.

chrisdw
    Free Member

The 2pure stand has some epic bargains if you can find them!

Good day in all. Lots to look at!

jkomo

Can you pay on the door?

burko73

Pay on the door £17.50

I don’t think I’ll ever get over being charged £12 for 3 hrs parking there today. You don’t realise you have to pay to park until you’re already shepherded in there.

Rip off really. ( in my opinion)

The shand guys were nice though as were a lot of the exhibitors. The stoater with the gates belt looked lovely.

All those trail centre parking charge haterz… Imagine being charged for car parking and then being charged tO ride the trail despite the trail builder also having to pay to build the trail ( exhibitors fees for stands aren’t cheap!)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Yes, just costs more

jkomo

Ok ta.
    So I could buy online if the tickets are emailed.

burko73

If you do book in advance you can get a planet x code on their website to get a discount off the std advance £13.50 price. When I looked though there is also a £2 booking fee online which makes up some of the advance/ on the door difference.

People were using the ticket and they can scan that off your phone on the door or if you print it.

I bought s ticket there, walked 15 feet to the gate and the guy scanned it and said it wasn’t valid. I’d only bought it 30 seconds earlier from the ticket office! After a discussion he let me in anyway!

MoreCashThanDash

The shand guys were nice though as were a lot of the exhibitors. The stoater with the gates belt looked lovely.

[puts fingers in ears] LaLaLaLaLaLaLa[takes fingers out of ears]

You’re not helping!

😉

burko73

They even had free teacakes and caramel bars…..

crazy-legs

I was at the show yesterday.

The Silverfish guys had 4 full sus carbon Yeti MTBs on their stand and then on the other side a 1992 Easton ARC Yeti with the full trick purple Grafton kit, Manitou 2 forks, all mint condition.

Everyone was fawning over that and ignoring the new stuff. 🙂

Defender
    Free Member

I went today and really enjoyed it, along with not being charged for parking, I took the motorcycle and parked within a few minutes walk of the halls.
    The stage interview with Chris Boardman was informative and entertaining to say the least, once he’d found where the stage was!
    Some BIG names missing this year though, do they not want to show case their bikes, or think that the London Cycle Show is a better window?
    Glad I went and took the time off work, it’ll be a zoo tomorrow and Sunday?

cheers_drive

Yep, the Easton Yeti was one of the few bikes I took a proper look at yesterday, most of the new bikes are all the same, hence why I also spent a while looking at Shand.

geologist
    Free Member

Is it worth going ? Was thinking about Sunday but not sure about the 30 quid entry fee for my family!
    Are there freebies to be had or deals on stuff like helmets , clothing etc etc …. Unfortunately Mrs geologist says I’m not aloud a new bike !

burko73

20% off stuff on the Madison stand, some cheap stalls with some clothing and bogof type deals on energy products etc.

I haven’t been to the London show but combined with the outdoor show sounds like better vfm.

A lot of stuff is the same, the old yeti with the brown fit hey z max tyres, lots of purple and manitou forks took me back, that was one of the best bits for me as well. I have a set of those forks in my shed and had the red/ brown z max on my old clockwork in 93. Shame there weren’t more retro bikes, or smaller bike companies like cotic etc. Even the Genesis stand didn’t have a lot of the new range. No vagabond on display for example. I thought perhaps sonder or alpkit might be there even.

Lots of e bikes there. Including the 50 mph uphill roost kicking monster that someone saw at bedgebury and reported on here recently.

Anyone who’s been to both – is the London bike show bigger/ better? What does that usually cost?

Defender
    Free Member

I have been to both this year, but can’t remember what the ticket cost, I think I had a discount code for it though.
    I would say that London was probably a bit bigger, it’s a bit difficult to be precise as the floor layouts are quite different.
    I agree that the London Show is better value with the Outdoor and Scuba Shows included, the first year the London Boat Show was on at the same time too.
    I’m not sure how the parking compares as I haven’t parked a car at the Excel for some years, I’ve either gone by train or this year motorcycle.

burko73

For me London is a train ride but brum is more of a fiddle. £12 will go some way to paying the train fare….

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘NEC Cycle show’ is closed to new replies.