• This topic has 35 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by maryme-spam.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Nearly 13 year old girl, present ideas. We're struggling!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

For the Dearest daughter. We’re really struggling this year.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If she is owt like my daughter then a phone/ tablet/ laptop + an internet connection.

wwaswas

who does she follow on YouTube?

In this house it’s anything Zoella recommends make up wise that’s wanted.

And an iPad Air.

40mpg
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Got a hudl, has an I phone 4s. Loves nail stuff but my sister has already dibbed that one.
    So far we’ve got a new Polaroid camera for the obligatory selfies, and a few other bits.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup that one up there ^^ 😀

Northwind

My family has always done this, in the face of present doubt:

“Oi- what do you want for christmas. No that’s too expensive. No that’s too cheap. That’s not a very good present is it? Yeah OK I’ll get that”

MoreCashThanDash

Music/film merchandise?

*bookmarks thread for 5 years time*

Trekster

From the age of 10 till now @ 30 = money 😆
    Being able to go into town for the Jan sales and buying what they want and learning the value of what money can buy is good life experience.
    Doesn’t stop them still relying on the bank of mum’n dad 🙄
    Ticket to her fav pop idol gig 💡

tthew

Those Fuji cameras only print out photos the size of a business card. Thought about one for our 14 year old, but went for an LG zero ink printer instead. Should work with all smart phones, iPad etc.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah seen the picture size. They must be very popular as we struggled to get one.

dknwhy

Tickets to a gig that you can take her and a mate to?

Cougar

Lego.

wilburt
    Free Member

Similar situation here, @12 wiggle scooters and make up and sims 4 have been mentioned, I’ve been banned from buying her any more bikes and there’s a reasonable priced laptop on advertised on TV but I don’t think she needs any more ways to go online.

I found a chemistry set from last year untouched and threatened to wrap it up again.

squirrelking
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

Some quality make up, a makeover or a class on “how to do make-up” (I have three daughters all thankfully well past that difficult age)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Wrighty: my three girls (12, 12 and 14) are all into music. So Spotify subscription/headphones/wireless speaker. Depends how much you want to pay.
    Alternatives that have not been mentioned include gift voucher for [insert fave shop] or perfume (yep even at 13).

ninfan
    Free Member

Experience and memories rather than more ‘stuff’?

Is she’s anything like either of my girls, A day pony trekking (with or without parent/s) would result in the worlds biggest smile, especially if it was booked In advance and you turned up there without letting her know what was planned.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Keep em coming.

Cougar

Leftfield perhaps, but have you asked her what she’d like?

scaled
    Free Member

Too early for coke and hookers?

totalshell

no1 daughter( just pre teen) new tri suit, new xc spikes, swimming costume signed photo of jess ennis.. she ll fall down and cry..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah and she doesn’t know. Usually get them a suprise present at least but that’s what we’re struggling with. I wanted to get her some good sports gear but that got flamed by mrs ws as “we should be getting her that anyway”.
    Custom trainers were also mentioned but they seem overpriced for something that’ll last 6 months tops.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well sod me, someone’s allowed to buy that ^^ stuff!

mogrim

In this house it’s anything Zoella recommends make up wise that’s wanted.

I’ve just received a list of Superdrug links to her new make up range from my 14yr old 🙂

I told her to email me links to stuff she wanted. I probably should have specified shops that actually exist in or deliver to Spain.

40mpg

My youngest (16) wants an Xbox 360 🙄

Mind you she wanted (and got) a kayak for passing her GCSE’s so its not all bad. (Especially as I had to get one too)

Scapegoat

Don’t dismiss the customised trainers… I assume you mean converse or similar?

iwmunt
    Free Member

Sewing machine? Som great small ones out there! Thats what we got our non deserving
    “princess”

Cougar

Astroturfing in 3.. 2.. 1..

Stoner
    Free Member

dont spoil the surprise Cougar, I was wanting to see what they had!

Cougar

First post from a Ukrainian posting on a British cycling forum, I’m betting it’ll be something priced in American dollars.

Stoner
    Free Member

Oooh, Astana branded drugwear?

Kazakhstan, Stoner, Kazakhstan!

ampthill

Blue tooth speaker (Tesco had one for under £10)

Lush bath bombs or similar stuff from Lush

Tickets for a show (Les Mis’ etc.)

Stuff to start a e.g. knitting etc. (big with 15 year old daughter at the moment), lume bands if not done yet, thread for finger weaving bracelets

If the right child Geomag

Moses

Electric toothbrush and a copy of SugarRush ?

Ginger
    Free Member

A nice bag (loads about in the shops for her age group). There are some nice satchels that are a good blend between handbag but not too grown up, and they are not expensive. Girls have stuff they like to carry about.

TPTcruiser

A copy of the Ninja Pizza Girl game?
    Or at least a late beta version with a promise for the final product.

The Tiffany Aching books by Terry Pratchett: Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, Wintersmith, I Shall Wear Midnight.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Nearly 13 year old girl, present ideas. We're struggling!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM