Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • My wife didn't know that the world is ending on Friday.
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Has this passed anybody else by? Or does everybody else in the world know about it?

This has obviously had a knock on effect of me having to start wrapping Christmas presents as she just won’t believe me that we will all die!

midlifecrashes

Oh bloody hell I’ve just bought two dozen satsumas! You’d think the woman at the checkout would have given me a heads-up.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Not sure why you would wrap presents for the 25th if the world will end on the 21st. Unless you are planning on opening them on Thursday night you rebel.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Oh bugger I thought we were ok and the deadline been and gone. Anyone got any speedy survivalist prep tips!

nealglover
    Free Member

Anyone got any speedy survivalist prep tips!

Kaesea (and the sunshine band) is yer man 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

like the vast majority* of religious twaddle I just ignore it.

* women bishop voting excepted.

I_Ache
    Free Member

midlifecrashes – Member
    Oh bloody hell I’ve just bought two dozen satsumas! You’d think the woman at the checkout would have given me a heads-up.

That’s just not on. I would tell you to make a written complaint but by the time it got there it would be too late.

Steve never mind the wrapping of the presents, Mrs_Ache has wasted countless hours searching for and buying presents that nobody will ever receive! I hope these aliens/astroids/gods realise what they are doing!

kerv
    Free Member

It’s my Mrs’ birthday and she had no idea about our impending doom, but she is refusing to accept it as a reason for not buying her a birthday present. There’s no reasoning with em.

freddyg
    Free Member

Passed me by as well. Good job I was planning on starting my Christmas shopping on Saturday 8)

MSP

I have known about it for some time, and have taken the opportunity to go on something of a crime spree, safe in the knowledge that I will not have to face the consequences of my actions.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

camo16
    Free Member

So not only is the world going to end on Friday, but it looks like Thursday’s gonna be cloudy. 🙁

robgclarkson
    Free Member

and french!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

what factor sun block for 999c?
    also what tyres for fire and brimstone? 😀

Bimbler
    Free Member

Interesting R4 prog on this last night

2012: The end of time

As Neal De Grasse Tyson said why take the word of a civilisation who didn’t even have the wheel (or metal tools).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Mayans weren’t too hot about predicting their own demise…

maccruiskeen

The Mayans didn’t predict anything. They had a calender system which when left to run its course ran out of digits this year. That doesn’t predict anything is the same way as Windows not considering dates beyond 1999 doesn’t predict anything or the UNIX calendar being unable to count past my 67th birthday (hopefully) doesn’t predict anything either.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

If the Mayans did get it wrong and this Friday isn’t rapture than I don’t see it’s worth getting wound up about. Its not like its the end of the world.

CountZero

Mayans weren’t too hot about predicting their own demise…

I’m sure the existing Mayans would happily point out that rumours of their demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Mayan
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The adjective Mayan is sometimes popularly used to refer to the indigenous peoples of southeastern Mexico and parts of Central America, such as Guatemala; their culture, language, and history. In academic publications the use of “Mayan” is restricted to referring to an aspect of their languages; “Maya” is the adjectival form preferred when referring to non-linguistic aspects. A “Mayanist” is a scholar who specializes in Maya civilization.

The Maya civilization shares many features with other Mesoamerican civilizations due to the high degree of interaction and cultural diffusion that characterized the region. Advances such as writing, epigraphy, and the calendar did not originate with the Maya; however, their civilization fully developed them. Maya influence can be detected from Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, and western El Salvador to as far away as central Mexico, more than 1,000 km (620 mi) from the Maya area. Many outside influences are found in Maya art and architecture, which are thought to result from trade and cultural exchange rather than direct external conquest.
    The Maya peoples never disappeared, neither at the time of the Classic period decline nor with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores and the subsequent Spanish colonization of the Americas. Today, the Maya and their descendants form sizable populations throughout the Maya area and maintain a distinctive set of traditions and beliefs that are the result of the merger of pre-Columbian and post-Conquest ideas and cultures. Millions of people speak Mayan languages today; the Rabinal Achí, a play written in the Achi language, was declared a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO in 2005.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

you think thats bad–i just got back from god slot in the cathedral, where one of my daughters was singing(school stuff)–and a sermon about how jesus was coming again, he is coming over us all !! talk about perversion !!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘My wife didn't know that the world is ending on Friday.’ is closed to new replies.