Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • My turn to be a bit miffed – Some git nicking my pics!!!!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

if it's any help, had I taken those shots I'd have prefered Matt from Leicester to have claimed responsibility…

I was gonna ignore that, but I'm not going to because that's the sort of mood I'm in.

Those were just snapshots of something that happened, no more, no less. I never, ever imagined they would be so publicly displayed, and indeed I'm not even the one responsible for getting them displayed on that website.

Simon, I've looked at pics you post on here many, many times. And if they've been good I've sometimes said so. But otherwise, I hold my tongue.

Next time, I'm not going to be so gracious, because lets be honest here, a lot of your stuff is the same old shots repeated over and over and over, with an expensive camera set on automatic.
    No skill, no thought, no better than mine.

Jamie
    Free Member

Finally this thread is getting interesting.

FIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon, I've looked at pics you post on here many, many times. And if they've been good I've sometimes said so. But otherwise, I hold my tongue.

sorry Pete old lad, I was teasing you, not meaning to be hurtful – but if I post crap by all means let me know

lets be honest here a lot of your stuff is the same old shots repeated over and over and over, with an expensive camera set on automatic. No skill, no thought, no better than mine.

and did I ever say any different? Just like we do the same old rides over and over again over the same old mountains with the same old people. And for that matter I've found that enthusiasm is a great substitute for skill, same as on the bike 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

PP – that email response is pathetic – they are breaking the law. I would get a screengrab printed out before they make any changes, then send in a reasonable invoice for use of the images.

My pics get nicked all the time, but only for Facebook profile pics and the like – certainly not for commercial useage.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Simon, sorry. My normal 'chilled' state of mind has already been raised by this to 'miffed' and you pushed me up to 'defensive' with that.

Apologies, no hard feelings, eh. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Finally this thread is getting interesting.
    FIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT!

No, I've met PP and he's a nice bloke, much nicer than me, and doesn't deserve to have me suggesting he get his name written on his bottom or that his photos of people queuing for soreen are not magnificent 🙁

you pushed me up to 'defensive' with that.

my bad 🙁

robdob
    Free Member

I suspect PeterPoddy is actually Matt from Leicester

I can confirm this. Although it's only partly true. It's actually "Susan from Leicester".

rOcKeTdOg

Defeats the purpose doesnt it?

I meant make it un downloadable, still visible though

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I meant make it un downloadable, still visible though

aint no such thing!

[edit] unless it's presented in Flash, which makes it harder to grab

grahamh
    Free Member

Just followed your link to the Soreen site, the pictures
    are now credited to 'Peter Aitken, unknown'.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

not when I try, and surname still wrong it seems 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

Next time, I'm not going to be so gracious, because lets be honest here, a lot of your stuff is the same old shots repeated over and over and over, with an expensive camera set on automatic.
    No skill, no thought, no better than mine.

But does your camera do 8fps in burst mode? Because otherwise it's useless. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

**SLAPS FORHEAD**

A
    T
    K
    I
    N

!

I think SFB might have been right….

They can't even spell my name right when it's at the bottom of a bloody email.

I give up.

Pook

i got my pics in the same Rough ride guide as SFB and my name was wrong on every pic
    🙁

n'mind though eh? Life's too short

project
    Free Member

What a fuss over a rather nice Malt loaf made by Warburtons Family bakers,who really cares who took the pictures,only the one with the camera possibly.

dave_aber
    Free Member

No skill, no thought, no better than mine

No birds arses in your ones though.

Anna-B
    Free Member

What a fuss over a rather nice Malt loaf made by Warburtons Family bakers,who really cares who took the pictures,only the one with the camera possibly

And any one who minds that someone took something and said it was theirs, when it wasn't. AKA theft.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

IMO

The very least is to properly credit you
    If they had an iota of manners, they would ask permission first and respect a "no"

justifiably miffed

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

AKA theft.

except Peter still has the original, so he only lost the marginal kudos of having his shot correctly attributed on a not very well known site for a short while before it was corrected. Perhaps merely a misdemeanour ?

they would ask permission first and respect a "no"

except not even the original posting on Flickr contains any EXIF data to identify the photographer as being anyone other than Mark of Leicester…

project
    Free Member

annabananna – Member

What a fuss over a rather nice Malt loaf made by Warburtons Family bakers,who really cares who took the pictures,only the one with the camera possibly

And any one who minds that someone took something and said it was theirs, when it wasn't. AKA theft.

Posted 14 minutes ago # Report-Post

Their image was taken,did you have consent to take the picture,where all people over 16,and did you have clearance from the organisers.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Their image was taken,did you have consent to take the picture,where all people over 16,and did you have clearance from the organisers.

you don't need such permission, regardless of the age of the participants

DrP

My agent and my sponsors (Ginsters) won't be best pleased there are images of me gobbling (and winning the competition, mind) another brand of sport's candy.

Take it down immediately Pedro Poddy 😉

DrP

grumm
    Free Member
    thomthumb
    Free Member

I can confirm this. Although it's only partly true. It's actually "Susan from Leicester"

i think you may be onto something there. anyone remember which race PP won at the BigBikeBash?

womens XC!! 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hasn't anyone spotted that Peter Poddy is actually and anagram or WorldClassAccident – The viral mentioning of BBB begins!!!

singletrackmind

Will there be a beer tent again this year, at the bigger, better, faster, longer, higher BBB? hhhmmm

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Definitely Beer tent, definitely music, definitely bike stuff, definitely lake jump, definitely loads of prizes.

Probably and events schedule this year (last years greatest ommission judging by the feedback).

And for the first time ever, insurance!!! It won't be my house on the line this time.

Same prices as last year and same great atmosphere. Tickets on sale soon.

PS STW will be getting some info to put in there magazine this year so possibly less annoying BBB mentions on the forum

JulianA
    Free Member

PS STW will be getting some info to put in there magazine this year so possibly less annoying BBB mentions on the forum

Less annoying mentions or fewer annoying mentions?

Not bothered either way really, just thought I'd ask…

Maybe even 'their' magazine…

Sorry WCA!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Beautiful STW response

Less of them

Possible less annoying

Their magazine

simon_g

Stumbled across this on their own corporate blog from October:

http://soreenhq.blogspot.com/2009/10/bike-bash-09-soreen-eating-competition.html

No excuses about not knowing about them!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Less of them

fewer. Less refers to singular items.

http://www.gcse.com/english/less.htm

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘My turn to be a bit miffed – Some git nicking my pics!!!!’ is closed to new replies.